Best Pics of Natural Hair/Heads (Includes our Members): A Thread of Encouragement!!

cocoberry10

Hi ladies:
I am posting some pics of beautiful natural heads of hair to encourage me as I transition to natural. I will be posting pics of some of our members (with their permission only) as this thread grows and they say it's okay (some of them said okay, but their fotki pics were protected, so I'll post links to the fotki!

Zzirvingj (One of our own)

Miss Renee Davis (check out her site: http://www.reneedavis.com/)

Ms Jadu

WhipEffectz1

http://public.fotki.com/WhipEffect/january-2007-6-mont/1000968.html
http://public.fotki.com/WhipEffect/january-2007-6-mont/1000966.html

Bmoreflyygirl

MissScarlett

missnappylady

LynnieB

Caligirl

Bet you didn't know natural hair could do this!

MissJ

Queeny20

FlowerHair

Naturallady

Protected pics on fotki, but check it out!
http://public.fotki.com/Caisha/

Rabs77

Blackbuttafly

STLCoverGirl

Example of CNapp

Mscocoface

GoingNatural

thefineprint

Gelila Bekele-Supermodel

http://a661.ac- images.myspacecdn.com/images01/28/l_532cf3a023c3a1896657e6533c9a63b4.jpg

Last edited:

cocoberry10

Re: Best Pics of Natural Hair/Heads (Includes our Members): A Thread of Encouragement

Still Updating (if you don't see your pic yet, don't worry)!

So1913

Danimami

Michiko

BlackRican

EMJazzy

Minny

NewYorkgyrl

Cheleigh

Pokahontas

CurlyJ

Starr1

Silvergirl

MissPriss

Neenzmj

The beautiful Ms. Lauryn Hill

we already know who's hotter:lol:

Erykah Badu

Mestiza

Someone from Mixedchicks.net

Last edited:

cocoberry10

Re: Best Pics of Natural Hair/Heads (Includes our Members): A Thread of Encouragement

Still Updating:)

Tetbelle

MissFadu

Bluebearfanatic

Pics of beautiful locks

Natstar

Another CNapp

Velvet (protected album)
http://public.fotki.com/velvethalo/experiment/

Hopeful (Protected Album)
http://public.fotki.com/2Pretty4Words/hair_albums/

GradyGirl
http://public.fotki.com/gradygirl/2007-hair-care-albums/

Nakialovesshoes (Link to fotki only--pics are protected)
http://public.fotki.com/lovinglance/1st-year-totally-natural/the-big-chop/picture007.html

Miss_Congeniality (link to fotki only--pics are protected)
http://public.fotki.com/missCONGENIALity/june-july/two-years-in-the-making/

Poohbear (pics are protected)
http://public.fotki.com/poohbear0215

Last edited:

blackbarbie

Good thread! (and the pics of our very own members are the exact ones I had in mind! Since you are still updating, I won't bother to list the rest)

Thanks! I need the encouragement; have to make this thread a sticky!!

BB

glamazon386

Cocoberry, if this is supposed to be an encouragement thread I think you should show more variety when it comes to texture and length.

Incredible1ne

Cocoberry, if this is supposed to be an encouragement thread I think you should show more variety when it comes to texture and length.

I agree. The pictures posted are great though, beautiful hair ladies :)

blackbarbie

She mentioned in an earlier post that she is still updating so I am sure there are more pics to come that will be inclusive of all textures and lengths.

strawberry-jelly

Great thread--especially for us transitioners!

glamazon386

She mentioned in an earlier post that she is still updating so I am sure there are more pics to come that will be inclusive of all textures and lengths.

Yeah, I saw that. But most of the people she's posted so far have long hair and have similar textures (curls). I didn't know if she was going to continue down that road or not. We wouldn't want 4bs or people with mixtures to feel left out.

Last edited:

imstush

Hi ladies:
Gelila Bekele-Model

Gelila...I think I may have found my hair twin. Keep the pics coming!

ETA: Realized STL's hair although fab, her curls are looser than mine.

Last edited:

remnant

Yeah, I saw that. But most of the people she's posted so far have long hair and have similar textures (curls). I didn't know if she was going to continue down that road or not. We wouldn't want 4bs or people with mixtures to feel left out.

IMHO, Naturallady, Misscocoface, Queeny20, MissJ are 4b:look:

Last edited:

cocoberry10

Hi, sorry it took me so long. I had a morning meeting:) I definitely plan to do this. Also, anyone that wants to post their own pics, please feel free!

cocoberry10

You were absolutely right! I was waiting to hear back from people I PM'd, and I'm still waiting for a few, but I decided to start the thread. I'm literally posting pics in order of who got back to me (so I don't forget anyone):) I made sure to pic plenty of 2, 3, and type 4 hair people. And also, some people who said I could post their pics have protected fotkis, so when I went to copy the pics, I couldn't (hence why some people have links to their fotkis and no pics)!

Nice & Wavy

What a nice thread. There are so many beautiful, natural heads on LHCF. It was an encouragement to me when I first came here and that's what started me in transisitioning and then doing the BC in August of 2006.

Pokahontas, Cichele, were the first ones that I saw for 3b/3c hair that encouraged me in my transisition. There are so many that are 4a/4b whose hair makes me drool.

I encourage all transistioners to continue pressing on....it's well worth it in the end!

Blessings!

cocoberry10

No, definitely not! I have mixture of 3c/4a/4b hair, so I definitely want to show all types of hair. As I said before, some people have not gotten back to me, and others have protected fotkis so I've tried to either post links to their fotkis or wait until they send me pics! This was a thread of encouragement, definitely not one of discouragement or exclusion!:yep:

Last edited:

wonderstar

Great thread not only for transitioners but also for some of us naturals who get the urge to.......:grin:

Milkyway

I love this thread, thanks cocoberry! :grin:

FlowerHair

Reclaiming my time

Thank you Cocoberry! :)

This is a great thread...I'd love to see more beautiful pictures of naturals! Short and long and all textures :D

Cheleigh

Nice photos--good job with the encouragement thread (I don't know if I should thank the OP here, or create a new thread and keep this just for the photos). :morepics:

cocoberry10

Thank you Cocoberry! :)

This is a great thread...I'd love to see more beautiful pictures of naturals! Short and long and all textures :D

I'm still updating:yep: I wanted to post pics of our members (of course, only w/their permission) and then also pics of famous natural heads! I always love a nice mixture of hair textures and lengths! Thanks for allowing me to post your pics:kiss:

zzirvingj

Thanks for including me Cocoberry and for all the wonderful pics. Looking forward to seeing more!! :grin:

cocoberry10

Great thread not only for transitioners but also for some of us naturals who get the urge to.......:grin:

:lol::lol: No, I transitioned before and ultimately went back to relaxers, so I totally know what you mean!:wallbash:

cocoberry10

Nice photos--good job with the encouragement thread (I don't know if I should thank the OP here, or create a new thread and keep this just for the photos). :morepics:

I agree. I'm updating. It takes time, so everyone feel free to add pics, and then I'll post them in the original 2-3 posts that I wrote this morning! I'm also still waiting to hear back. And if I didn't PM you, don't worry, I want as many pics posted as possible (I don't know everyone on here):kiss:

cocoberry10

Yes ma'am I am def a 4b. Thanks for including me cocoberry10. Q

No problem. Thanks for allowing me to post pics:kiss: More pics are coming! I am still updating! And please don't feel excluded. There was no way I could PM every member. If you have beautiful, natural hair, please post your pics and I'll put them in the original posts!:yep:

bluediamond0829

THANK YOU so much....u just dont know how much i look around for more motivation to continue transitioning even though i havent had any 2nd thoughts about not continuing on ... :D

glamazon386

IMHO, Naturallady, Misscocoface, Queeny20, MissJ are 4b:look:

The only one I'd consider a true 4b would be Misscocoface. :look: But of course all of these types are debatable. I only ask because I've seen plenty of threads about naturals and then people are like well their hair doesn't look like mines. They have a looser texture. Or they have soft hair so it's easier to maintain, etc. And other things along those lines. We don't see as many 4bs with super long hair as we do people in the type 3 or even 4a range. I hadn't seen any until somebody posted that long list with all the fotki links in it from here and NP a while back. All the long haired naturals I had seen had looser textures which made me feel a little discouraged when I felt like my hair wasn't growing or I was never gonna get there. But I'm glad cocoberry said she's deliberately making an effort representing everybody equally.

Last edited:

MrsQueeny

The only one I'd consider a true 4b would be Misscocoface. :look: But I'm glad cocoberry said she's representing everybody equally.

Really cuz I am def not a 4a. That pic is a braid out. Check out my fotki and you will see I am def a 4b. But I guess it just depends. Oh well. Q