The Fast of Sacrifice (October 12- Thanksgiving Day) Part 2

golden bronze

Prayer Points

This time we will only pray for three things, but there is power in three. Three is a number of spiritual completions. I ask you to pray for consider and reflect upon these points in your lives and the lives of those you pray for.

* Light
Lord we pray that you fill us with your light, and teach us to be lights to others in a dark world. Help your character and countenance shin through us and fill the darkness with your beautiful gift of sight.

Definition of Light: The energy that allows us to see.

Scripture: "You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hid. Nor do men light a lamp and put it under a bushel, but on a stand, and it gives light to all in the house. Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven."— Matthew 5:14-16.

* Joy
Lord helps us to be filled with your joy, and not the things we think will bring us joy. Your joy is not as the world gives, but joy that only comes from you. Let us share the source of our joy with others. The key to Heaven's joy isn't ignorance, but perspective. Joy in life doesn't depend on attainment, romance, or acquisition, or power. Joy depends upon your trust in Heavenly Father and His holy Son. Thank your Father in Heaven and His Beloved Son for the plan of happiness that surpasses belief.

Definition of Joy:
· rejoice: feel happiness or joy
· the emotion of great happiness
· something or someone that provides pleasure; a source of happiness

Scripture: These things I have spoken to you, that my joy may be in you, and that your joy may be full. (John 15:11)

* Self Control
Lord help us to exercise self control, by realizing the truth. We control nothing, not even ourselves. We cannot be self disciplined unless we give ourselves over to you. Father, using our own will to implement self-control has proven very difficult in our lives. Humble us when we try to control the outcome of our lives instead of surrendering our lives to you.

Definition of Self Control In Galatians 5:23, "self-control" (temperance, KJV) is the translation of the Greek word enkrateia, which means "possessing power, strong, having mastery or possession of, continent, self-controlled" (Kenneth S. Wuest, Word Studies in the Greek New Testament, "Galatians," p. 160). Vincent's Word Studies of the New Testament adds that it means "holding in hand the passions and desires" (vol. IV, p. 168).

Scripture: "But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, and self control: against such there is no law. (Galatians 5:22-23)

Thank you for participating in this season of prayer. It has changed my life forever. I pray that it touches you.

Last edited:

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
Prayer Points

This time we will only pray for three things, but there is power in three. Three is a number of spiritual completions. I ask you to pray for consider and reflect upon these points in your lives and the lives of those you pray for.

* Light
Lord we pray that you fill us with your light, and teach us to be lights to others in a dark world. Help your character and countenance shin through us and fill the darkness with your beautiful gift of sight.

Definition of Light: The energy that allows us to see.

Scripture: "You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hid. Nor do men light a lamp and put it under a bushel, but on a stand, and it gives light to all in the house. Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven."— Matthew 5:14-16.

* Joy
Lord helps us to be filled with your joy, and not the things we think will bring us joy. Your joy is not as the world gives, but joy that only comes from you. Let us share the source of our joy with others. The key to Heaven's joy isn't ignorance, but perspective. Joy in life doesn't depend on attainment, romance, or acquisition, or power. Joy depends upon your trust in Heavenly Father and His holy Son. Thank your Father in Heaven and His Beloved Son for the plan of happiness that surpasses belief.

Definition of Joy:
· rejoice: feel happiness or joy
· the emotion of great happiness
· something or someone that provides pleasure; a source of happiness

Scripture: These things I have spoken to you, that my joy may be in you, and that your joy may be full. (John 15:11)

* Self Control
Lord help us to exercise self control, by realizing the truth. We control nothing, not even ourselves. We cannot be self disciplined unless we give ourselves over to you. Father, using our own will to implement self-control has proven very difficult in our lives. Humble us when we try to control the outcome of our lives instead of surrendering our lives to you.

Definition of Self Control In Galatians 5:23, "self-control" (temperance, KJV) is the translation of the Greek word enkrateia, which means "possessing power, strong, having mastery or possession of, continent, self-controlled" (Kenneth S. Wuest, Word Studies in the Greek New Testament, "Galatians," p. 160). Vincent's Word Studies of the New Testament adds that it means "holding in hand the passions and desires" (vol. IV, p. 168).

Scripture: "But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, and self control: against such there is no law. (Galatians 5:22-23)

Thank you for participating in this season of prayer. It has changed my life forever. I pray that it touches you.

Thank you Golden Bronze....:giveheart:

star

Thanks for input, I am going to incorporate this into our weekly fast and prayer team. Are you fasting and praying from Oct. 12 - Nov. 21 on these three points? Please let me know I would like to join you on the Oct. 22nd. My sister's birthday is the 21st I already promise to take her to her favorite restaurant.

golden bronze

Hey sweetie: I will be joining the fast and prayer team for these three points. Hope that you join me in the fast. I tell you, it has changed my whole life.