Bohemian Routine

purity28

Okay I found something......in a fotki...I haven't tried this yet...but I will..I forget the girls name but her hair looks so pretty...someone named JJ created this technique

She states:
Recently I have found that if I mix a little of what ever conditioner I have on hand with water and thin it out some I can get even better curls.

What I do is I take an old empty conditioner bottle or an old shower gel bottle and squeeze a little conditioner in to the bottle, just enough to cover the bottom. Then I add water until the bottle is half full. Put the lid back on then shake the bottle up really well, flip the top and begin to apply the conditioner directly to my hair. I scrunch it in as I go and once the bottle is empty I twirl my hair with my finger tips in small circular motions. Kinda like I are lightly messaging my scalp or shampooing my scalp. I like to start at the nape and work my way to the front. Once I have twirled all of my hair I let the conditioner sit on my hair while I shower. When I am ready to rinse the conditioner out I bend forward and let the water from the shower run from the nape to the front and do the twirling with my finger tips again while rinsing out the conditioner. If you co-wash everyday like I do then you really don't need to add any product to your hair. But if you want to add product scrunch it in don't comb it through or brush it through.

Again DO NOT COMB OR BRUSH YOUR HAIR after you have done the final rinse, that will only defeat the purpose which is to define your curls.

If you need to detangle do it before you twirl your hair with your fingertips

The steps she listed...
1. Shampoo (if it's a shampoo day go to #2 after you shampoo) or Co-Wash (if it's a co-wash day go straight to #3)
2. Condition
3. Detangle while conditioner is in hair and leave in while you shower/wash yourself off.
4. Rinse
5. Condition again with your favorite conditioner.
~This step and step 6 will most likely determine whether or not you get the definition you are hoping for.
6. Light Rinse, leaving a bit of the conditioners behind
7. Once out of the shower, scrunch hair with a towel if you like to get excess moisture out - as if you are scrunching the product in. You can also let it drip dry if you like. At this point I am done with my hair and don't do anything else with it. If you decide you want to add a product to your hair make sure you don't use a lot or else you may loose your curls in the process of applying the product. As for me, I won't be adding any product or oil or anything to my hair. I will be doing this routine to see if it works for me and if I like it!!

~~~~Steps 5-7 are IMPORTANT~~~~
The key to getting your coils to pop is to use a conditioner that makes your hair coil up. For me its ORS Replenishing Pak and Garnier Fructis Curl and shine. Remember when you get to step 6 don't rinse all of the conditioner out, you want to leave some behind. and let your hair drip dry or scrunch with a towel DO NOT COMB OR BRUSH. If you have to comb or brush do that when you have the conditioner in your hair for the co-wash. Once you do your final rinse it's only your fingers if that. I personally don't recommend you use a comb or brush after you get out of the shower, cause it will just take the coils out.

dimpalz

Hey! I shoulda seen this earlier, I've been bohemian for a while. It's basically living in wash n gos and not using any products like grease or moisturiser, I'm not sure if not combing is a part of it, but its defo low manipulation and no product.

Its worked fone for me from since about April, I went on holiday and didn't bother to moisturise my hair after playing in the pool and taking numerous showers a day and just carried on when I got home. The key to the success of it for me is daily rinsing to keep the hair moisturised with water rather than products that try to replace water.

The method outlined above is pretty much what I do on a day to day basis. I use MNT conditioner that's yellow in the bottle, after detangling with lekair cholesterol and my denman brush. The MNT really keeps the curls in that the denman defines, it also keeps my hair feeling soft. I detangle about once a week, I just rerinse daily to puff it back out.

Of course, it's getting COLD here now so I'm exploring twists and braids for the first time and I'm finding I need some oil and/or moisturiser because I'm not rinsing daily, so perhaps bohemian is better during summer in a warmer climate!

SparklingFlame

Okay I found something......in a fotki...I haven't tried this yet...but I will..I forget the girls name but her hair looks so pretty...someone named JJ created this technique

She states:
Recently I have found that if I mix a little of what ever conditioner I have on hand with water and thin it out some I can get even better curls.

What I do is I take an old empty conditioner bottle or an old shower gel bottle and squeeze a little conditioner in to the bottle, just enough to cover the bottom. Then I add water until the bottle is half full. Put the lid back on then shake the bottle up really well, flip the top and begin to apply the conditioner directly to my hair. I scrunch it in as I go and once the bottle is empty I twirl my hair with my finger tips in small circular motions. Kinda like I are lightly messaging my scalp or shampooing my scalp. I like to start at the nape and work my way to the front. Once I have twirled all of my hair I let the conditioner sit on my hair while I shower. When I am ready to rinse the conditioner out I bend forward and let the water from the shower run from the nape to the front and do the twirling with my finger tips again while rinsing out the conditioner. If you co-wash everyday like I do then you really don't need to add any product to your hair. But if you want to add product scrunch it in don't comb it through or brush it through.

Again DO NOT COMB OR BRUSH YOUR HAIR after you have done the final rinse, that will only defeat the purpose which is to define your curls.

If you need to detangle do it before you twirl your hair with your fingertips

The steps she listed...
1. Shampoo (if it's a shampoo day go to #2 after you shampoo) or Co-Wash (if it's a co-wash day go straight to #3)
2. Condition
3. Detangle while conditioner is in hair and leave in while you shower/wash yourself off.
4. Rinse
5. Condition again with your favorite conditioner.
~This step and step 6 will most likely determine whether or not you get the definition you are hoping for.
6. Light Rinse, leaving a bit of the conditioners behind
7. Once out of the shower, scrunch hair with a towel if you like to get excess moisture out - as if you are scrunching the product in. You can also let it drip dry if you like. At this point I am done with my hair and don't do anything else with it. If you decide you want to add a product to your hair make sure you don't use a lot or else you may loose your curls in the process of applying the product. As for me, I won't be adding any product or oil or anything to my hair. I will be doing this routine to see if it works for me and if I like it!!

~~~~Steps 5-7 are IMPORTANT~~~~
The key to getting your coils to pop is to use a conditioner that makes your hair coil up. For me its ORS Replenishing Pak and Garnier Fructis Curl and shine. Remember when you get to step 6 don't rinse all of the conditioner out, you want to leave some behind. and let your hair drip dry or scrunch with a towel DO NOT COMB OR BRUSH. If you have to comb or brush do that when you have the conditioner in your hair for the co-wash. Once you do your final rinse it's only your fingers if that. I personally don't recommend you use a comb or brush after you get out of the shower, cause it will just take the coils out.
I thought you were talking about Jazzi! I wish I could do that. I wish I would have known about this when my hair was shorter. :sad: