RAVE: Curlaway (Xenna)

MissMeWithThatIsh

Hey all...

I just wanted to rave about this product that I have been using for about a week by XennaCorp called Curlaway. The product is a gentle curl relaxer that reduces frizz and curl over time with continued use. It's safe for all hair types and is suitable for use over previously processed hair of any kind.

I got mine through Walgreen's (I had them special order it!) and have applied it to my hair every other day as a leave in conditioner (with aloe vera gel). The results are gradual but they are already starting to show. My hair is slowly taking form from the frizz (lots of previous damage) and my new growth and natural hair has lots of shine and smoothness to it once applied and rinsed out. No burning, but the smell is like vinegar and green apples... It's strong but it's not too much of a bother.

Just so you guys know I have 4a strands which range from pen diameter to very tiny super coffee stirrer diameter.... and I have used all types of texturizers and colors before. I like this product because I can sleep with it in my hair, and MMy hair does seem to have improvement.

I'll post pics when I see more noticeable progress!

LionQueen

I saw this last week and bought it to try on my new growth. I was going to do a search to see if anyone else had tried it.

Glad to hear it is working for you!

So how are you wearing your hair daily, and how has the Curlaway affected your daily styling?

TIA =)

MissMeWithThatIsh

I've been using it for a little over a week.
My hair has become softer and smoother, but there's no real texture change as of yet.

I've always been a wash and go type of chick, even when I was texturizing, and now I'm half natural. I usually leave the curlaway in for over a day or so and also use Aloe Vera Gel to help slick it back.

My routine is very simple.

Curlaway and Aloe Vera Gel...
And BT.
I'm also going to be using MTG.

Again, I'm a 4a, and no problems.

halee_J

Don't worry be happy
LaurynDoll, this product looks interesting it would definitely give you more styling options without a permanent commitment.

slightly OT: Did you know that the Xenna company quoted your post ^^^ as a testimonial on their site?
http://www.xenna.com/product_curlaway.html (towards the bottom of the page in testimonials)

AtlantaJJ

I found out about this product while placing an order on Vitacost

http://www.vitacost.com/Xenna-Curlaway-Gradual-Curl-Relaxer
From the reviews on Vitacost, it seems you have to use heat to make it effective. I would like to loosen my curl pattern just a tiny bit and cut down on the frizz.. I don't think this will do that for me.

Last edited:

MissMeWithThatIsh

Well I just started on the bandwagon to using this stuff again... and it did seem more effective when processing it with a heat pad. Again, nothing too noticeable as of yet.

Lucky's Mom

Ehhhh I regret making this thread and getting excited.
That funky monkey vinegar goo cost too much... lol
I don't even use it anymore.

Thanks for the update.... How long did you use it?? What changes did you actually see????

What made you say forget it - I am not using this any more....

MissMeWithThatIsh

Thanks for the update.... How long did you use it?? What changes did you actually see????

What made you say forget it - I am not using this any more....

You pay almost $20 for this lumpy, sour apple and vinegar scented concoction... and almost the whole jar is needed on your head. You're supposed to use rollers to straighten your hair... and I didn't. I would just leave it in. My DH HATED the smell... so much he preferred the bacony scent of MTG. So needless to say, I wasn't using it properly, but even then, it still felt like too much effort and investment.

I'd rather take MSM religiously and grow some natural 3c curls... lol

Lucky's Mom

You pay almost $20 for this lumpy, sour apple and vinegar scented concoction... and almost the whole jar is needed on your head. You're supposed to use rollers to straighten your hair... and I didn't. I would just leave it in. My DH HATED the smell... so much he preferred the bacony scent of MTG. So needless to say, I wasn't using it properly, but even then, it still felt like too much effort and investment.

Gotcha!!!!! Our poor dh's!:lachen: They do a lot of suffering. Thanks again....

GV-NA-GI-TLV-GE-I

MSM? Changes hair texture???