color after relax (REAL QUICK)

neenee280

I bought a red colorshower...I need to relax my hair...who has relaxed then color? I feel like I am about to go in the "danger zone" if I do this...let me know if you did this and did not have a terrible result...THANKS!

*Michelle*

If this is the dominican product, rinse, it is fine. If it has peroxide/developer than NO! Remember your hair is going to be more porous so make sure its not going to get too vibrant of a red...unless of course thats what you want. Post pics...you know we wanna see!!

neenee280

I'ma do it then!

It is colorshowers rinse, not perm so I am good. No peroixide or alcohol. I took the SO who is dominican so he could read the colors to me. He was like, "No...stick to the black one you get." I was like, "yeah yeah yeah" and when he turned his back, I put it in the basket. It is pretty bright...uh oh...

Ok, I will post a pic when I am done. If I don't, you all will know why!

neenee280

*update*

1. Why didnt y'all tell me after a 12 week stretch that I may need TWO boxes of relaxer.:lachen: Maybe it is all the coconut, amla, dominican, no curling things i do but I BARELY had enough.

2. I should have had my cousin help me. No more self perming. Too hard. I may even just pay to get that done. Ugh.

Ok, color is simmering in my hair now. I am under the dryer. No bald yet!

Pics of my NG in the meantime. BTW, what is my hair type? 3B or 4a? I have no clue.

Candy1978

The only color you can use directly after relaxing your hair is a rinse, or color wash, using anything more permanenet that that is asking for serious problems.

neenee280

update...

Not bald!!! :yay: And the red is very pretty! Thanks ladies. :kiss: When I can find some decent lighting I will change the siggy. This red is the ISH!:grin:

SoforReal

I'm glad it worked out! My cousin who had long thick healthy hair gave herself a perm then a pemanent color and ALL her hair fell out. I remember her crying hysterically as big clumps of hair fell into the sink. Very scary situation :eek: . She had to rock a bald head for a minute.

neenee280

SoforReal said:
I'm glad it worked out! My cousin who had long thick healthy hair gave herself a perm then a pemanent color and ALL her hair fell out. I remember her crying hysterically as big clumps of hair fell into the sink. Very scary situation :eek: . She had to rock a bald head for a minute.

:eek: DAYUM!!!!!!!!! I remember I had a friend that permed then put some sun-in in her hair. She was a bit baldy too. I think I am going to leave permanant dyes alone...they tend to dry out my hair anyway.

Je Ne Sais Quoi

Horrible :( Has she regrown her locks?