I'm looking for a church home in Atlanta

audacious1

does anyone have any suggestions?

I just have a few specifications. It can't be a megachurch, and the whole congregation can't be family members. :look:

Thanks to anyone with suggestions :)

klb120475

What denomination?

My uncle lives in Atlanta, he raves about his church all the time. The next time I talk to him I'll ask the name and location.

dede1174

I go to Berean Christian Church on young road in stone mountain. We have moved in a new sanctuary and most may think we are big at first but the way they have things , everyone knows everybody. I am married and have 2 kids active in the yound adult choir, adult choir, etc. We hahve gone there for 5 years now. it is very hard to become lost there . You would really ahve to work at :lol:

We are having young adult sunday the last sunday of the month. come on and see. let me know, i can meet you :)

dede1174

oh by the way we were both raised baptist but this is a non denominational church. mostly black but we have a smattering of everyone. Bible based meaning no doctrine, just bible

Monilove122

audacious1 said:
does anyone have any suggestions?

I just have a few specifications. It can't be a megachurch, and the whole congregation can't be family members. :look:

Thanks to anyone with suggestions :)

:lachen: :lachen: :lachen: Don't mean to laugh but I've seen churches like this and they can be disastrous for an "outsider", LOL. So I definitely feel you on that. It was one of my requirements too.

audacious1

Monilove122 said:
:lachen: :lachen: :lachen: Don't mean to laugh but I've seen churches like this and they can be disastrous for an "outsider", LOL. So I definitely feel you on that. It was one of my requirements too.

I attended one in my hometown. I love the church, and the families are good people BUT it was as you put, disastrous. :lol: Especially because when I joined I was a teenager, and all the other teenagers were cousins and/or grew up together. :nono: Won't be doing that anymore

p31woman

New Birth South in the house!

Pastor Andre Landers
Jonesboro, GA
7:30AM, 9:30AM, 11:45AM Sunday Service
7:00PM Bible Study

www.newbirthsouth.org

Also, New Birth Catherdral--Bishop Eddie Long www.newbirth.org
and Bishop Paul S. Morton's church is here as well

p31woman

nevermind...my church as well as the last 2 are mega churches!

I still think you should stop by New Birth South...the word really goes forth.

The church I joined as a teen and that you would enjoy is Victory Tabernacle Missionary Baptist Church in McDonough, Ga.

Lady Esquire

p31woman said:
nevermind...my church as well as the last 2 are mega churches!

I still think you should stop by New Birth South...the word really goes forth.

The church I joined as a teen and that you would enjoy is Victory Tabernacle Missionary Baptist Church in McDonough, Ga.

Okay, I have been in Atlanta for about 7 months. And I am ashamed to say that I have not found a home church yet. It is time. My life is not the same. I refuse to raise my kids without God as a main presence in their upbringing. Even my 9 year-old has asked me about finding a church...so you know it is DEFINITELY time, if your child is asking.

This is the second mention I have heard about New Birth South. I wonder how far it is from Roswell/Alpharetta area. I will mapquest it.

Do they have a strong youth ministry? My kids are 9 years old and almost 4. Thanks and I will keep you all posted!

Be blessed.

p31woman

LadyEsquire said:
Okay, I have been in Atlanta for about 7 months. And I am ashamed to say that I have not found a home church yet. It is time. My life is not the same. I refuse to raise my kids without God as a main presence in their upbringing. Even my 9 year-old has asked me about finding a church...so you know it is DEFINITELY time, if your child is asking.

This is the second mention I have heard about New Birth South. I wonder how far it is from Roswell/Alpharetta area. I will mapquest it.

Do they have a strong youth ministry? My kids are 9 years old and almost 4. Thanks and I will keep you all posted!

Be blessed.

Its a good minute...maybe 45 mins. (75 south to the Mt. Zion exit in Clayton County. I used to live in buckhead (west paces ferry) and it took me about 30 mins to get down there.

You can watch services online on the church website too.

Our pastor loves kids so our youth ministry is very stong. We are actually hosting a back to school rally for the kids friday August 3 -Sunday August 5. There wil be a parade, carnival, rides, food, comedians, music and all that fun stuff. I volunteered last year to work one of the rides and it was a lot of fun.

All the info can be found on the website.

You should come out. I do suggest that you come about 20 mins early. Until our church is finished, we are in a small area and the traffic between services may make you miss something or sit in overflow. We should be in our new church in Decemeber so it won't be long.

ACTUALLY...There is a New Birth North that is in Marietta. I can't remember who the pastor is over there. I have never been there but I have heard great things about their youth ministry too. I'm sure they have a website as well.

B

Bublnbrnsuga

I am not from Atlanta, but I LOVE Charles Stanley. I am not sure if he's considered as having a megachurch, but it sure doesn't look that way on tv.
http://www.intouch.org

STLCoverGirl

My sister loves her church home in Alpheretta(sp?), when I visited her earlier this month I had a nice time at her church. I can't recall the name but I will ask her and update my post.

live2bgr8

I am not from Atlanta, but I LOVE Charles Stanley. I am not sure if he's considered as having a megachurch, but it sure doesn't look that way on tv.
http://www.intouch.org

I like him, too. :yep: His church is huge, though. So is his son's. I think any church over 2000 is large/mega.

I love my church and my pastors! When I first moved back to Atlanta from NYC, I wanted a small congregtion-- but God had other plans. :look: He placed me at Victory World Church in Norcross.

One unique things about this congregation is that it is one of the most diverse in the south. We have over 75 nations worshipping together. I love that. :)