FRENCHEES SCRE**D MY STRETCH

BrooklynSouth

Using FRENCHEES for one week....my new growth is so thick I have to touch-up this weekend {last night con-pooed,S-Curl and snug silk scarf}. I was trying for a 10-12 week stretch but no way, last touch-up was June 3rd.
I have been 'un dreading' since 6pm and it's now past 8:30. The new growth is coming apart easy enough but it is super thick and puffed up. I can hardly believe the amount of thickness I have now. The thickness may also be due to my homemade MTG of Sulphur flowers, Vatika olive oil and KEO-KARPIN but it's for real.....Definitely a combo keeper.

BrooklynSouth

STRAWBERRY...screwed . I have tried and tried, reducing the photo but I continue to get the message'UPLOAD FAILED." I'll try again tomorrow for now I'll upload it to my FOTKI in a few minutes...last page PHOTO#59.

Last edited:

BrooklynSouth

EMJazzy said:
BrooklynSouth where did you get your Frenchee's from? :confused: Can you post a link please? :look:

EMJazzy, I bought a few containers for myself, Mom, Sis-in-law and niece from SaveBeauty.com {no link...may violate LHCF rules, so just google them}. I need to call all three of them to see how they are doing with the Frenchees. My Sis-in-law wears long dreads and has been showing more and more of her scalp...my 18 year old niece likes twists and I'd like her to begin to practice healthy hair growing; my Mom, I'd just like to see her pay more attention to her once lustrous hair. I decided to try it based upon the loss of SURGE 14 and found FRENCHEES mentioned in an old LHCF thread. I really feel the combo of my homemade MTG and the FRENCHEEs made my roots sprout the way they have.

EMJazzy

Happily retired
BrooklynSouth said:
EMJazzy, I bought a few containers for myself, Mom, Sis-in-law and niece from SaveBeauty.com {no link...may violate LHCF rules, so just google them}. I need to call all three of them to see how they are doing with the Frenchees. My Sis-in-law wears long dreads and has been showing more and more of her scalp...my 18 year old niece likes twists and I'd like her to begin to practice healthy hair growing; my Mom, I'd just like to see her pay more attention to her once lustrous hair. I decided to try it based upon the loss of SURGE 14 and found FRENCHEES mentioned in an old LHCF thread. I really feel the combo of my homemade MTG and the FRENCHEEs made my roots sprout the way they have.

Thanks! I took a look at the pic you were talking about...that growth in such a short period of time is AMAZING!!! :eek: I would LOVE to have the same kind of results. The PJ in me is about to jump on the Frenchee's bandwagon. :yep: :look:

BrooklynSouth

HoneyDew said:
Is it stinky? I remember Dog Mane was GROSS when I was little.

HoneyDew, it has the same scent as DAX black..kind of tar-like. Once in a while I catch a whiff of it but I don't mind the aroma.

BrooklynSouth

PS...I've noticed where some one said in a thread that FRENCHEE is made by LEKAIR. The FRENCHEE I have is not made by LeKair {I see they do make a Super-Gro product}, the maker of the one I've been using is SCIENTIFIC RESEARCH PRODUCTS, INC. of Fort Lauderdale, Florida. The container is black with a drawing of the Eiffel Tower on the front.

Edie

I used this for a while years ago when I first started to grow my hair out. I was wearing a wig at the time. One way to cover the smell, is the spritz a leave-in conditioner w/lavendar (or any other good smelling oil in it). I also would cover my hair with plastic and then cover the plastic with a silk scarf. No one ever smelled me. Not even my husband (except when I took the plastic off). The only thing he would say is your hair smells "strange". I asked him if it stank and he said no. It just smelled "strange."

Crissi

I took a picture of mine a while back, here it is...

BrooklynSouth said:
PS...I've noticed where some one said in a thread that FRENCHEE is made by LEKAIR. The FRENCHEE I have is not made by LeKair {I see they do make a Super-Gro product}, the maker of the one I've been using is SCIENTIFIC RESEARCH PRODUCTS, INC. of Fort Lauderdale, Florida. The container is black with a drawing of the Eiffel Tower on the front.

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
I love frenchees. It really does help your hair grow. I have the black jar that smells smoky. It's very potent!:lol:

EMJazzy

Happily retired
I went to the bss today and although I didn't find Frenchees I did find some Pine Tar super Gro conditioner Temple and Scalp Treatment by B&B. The ingredients are the same as Frenchees and the directions for use is identical, ie: apply 3 times weekly, do not wash hair for three days after application. So instead of paying over $7 in shipping :eek: for Frenchees I'm going to try this stuff...it was 6oz for $2.99 not bad at all. It smells *exactly* like the tar grease my mom and grandmother used in my hair when I was a little girl. My hair grew quite quickly if my memory serves me correctly. ;)

A funny thing happened today...I went to the bss during my lunch hour, I couldn't wait til I got home to use it so I went into the locker room and rub some of it on my scalp....later on I got into a conversation with one of my male co-workers, during the convo he got this glassy look in his eyes (the kind of look one gives when you KNOW they are not listening any longer :lol: ) then he said: "do you smell something burning? I know you don't smoke anymore so what the hell is that smell?" I immediately remembered my new purchase (I didn't smell it anymore) then I told him about the tar grease, taking him down memory lane of the 'ole school grease that grandmomma used on us little girls. Fortunately he understood but I have to admit the look on his face was funny as hell. :lachen: :lachen:

I will report back to this thread after I use it for awhile (most likely when I finish using the jar).

BrooklynSouth

EMJazzy said:
I went to the bss today and although I didn't find Frenchees I did find some Pine Tar super Gro conditioner Temple and Scalp Treatment by B&B. The ingredients are the same as Frenchees and the directions for use is identical, ie: apply 3 times weekly, do not wash hair for three days after application. So instead of paying over $7 in shipping :eek: for Frenchees I'm going to try this stuff...it was 6oz for $2.99 not bad at all. It smells *exactly* like the tar grease my mom and grandmother used in my hair when I was a little girl. My hair grew quite quickly if my memory serves me correctly. ;)

A funny thing happened today...I went to the bss during my lunch hour, I couldn't wait til I got home to use it so I went into the locker room and rub some of it on my scalp....later on I got into a conversation with one of my male co-workers, during the convo he got this glassy look in his eyes (the kind of look one gives when you KNOW they are not listening any longer :lol: ) then he said: "do you smell something burning? I know you don't smoke anymore so what the hell is that smell?" I immediately remembered my new purchase (I didn't smell it anymore) then I told him about the tar grease, taking him down memory lane of the 'ole school grease that grandmomma used on us little girls. Fortunately he understood but I have to admit the look on his face was funny as hell. :lachen: :lachen:

I will report back to this thread after I use it for awhile (most likely when I finish using the jar).

I'm looking forward to your update. I'm hoping my growth wasn't just a fluke. Looks like some of the ol'timey products had some benefits after all, vaseline again:ohwell: {oh well}.

locoabouthair

EMJazzy said:

ROFLMAO!

By

locoabouthair

EMJazzy said:

ROFLMAO!

By the way ladies.I couldn't resist and bought some from the BSS after work yesterday. (i FEEL LIKE A CHEATING WIFE- I LOVE BT). I just had to for $3. Do you ladies follow the directions (the do not wash for 3 days?). Just curious.

Edie

Use it for 3 days in a row, then wash. Repeat again. Remember you don't have to use a lot of the product. Warm in the micro wave, and add about a teaspoon of olive oil to the warmed frenchees. Apply only to the scalp and massage. Then spray hair lightly with a mix of water and leave in conditioner in which you have added a fragranced oil (lavendar, coconut, etc). Enjoy!