Naturals - Deep Conditioner

Qurlyqt

What deep conditioners are you using? I've used ORS Hair Mayo for a while, adding honey and EVOO, sitting under the dryer for 20-30 minutes. Now that my "hair" time is limited (haven't had time to sit under the dryer for months), I need to do something different.

Just wanted to know what you guys were using and how often you're using it.

camellia

I mostly use Humectin with with warm honey and a little oil, I keep it one for about 45 minutes in a plastic cap with a hot towel over it.

remnant

I use le kaiir cholesterol mixed with:
coconut milk
Candy-C mix(avocado, olive oil, egg,water)
shea butter
amla
rose powder
oils (castor, almond, palm)
and sometimes beef marrow

under a plastic cap all the night

ShaniKeys

As of october 2007 I'm deep conditioning with Ojon Ultra Hydrating conditioner for 45minutes under a hood dryer

Last edited:

Robin41

ThePrincess725 said:
What deep conditioners are you using? I've used ORS Hair Mayo for a while, adding honey and EVOO, sitting under the dryer for 20-30 minutes. Now that my "hair" time is limited (haven't had time to sit under the dryer for months), I need to do something different.

Just wanted to know what you guys were using and how often you're using it.

Thanks for asking this because I need to move beyond my ORS Hair Mayo too. Keep the suggestions coming!

caligirl

I use Kenra Moisturizing Conditioner and sit under the hood dryer for 15 minutes once a week.

mkstar826

supersonic
Aveda DR Intensive Treatment 1-2 times a month. i put a plastic cap on and then a steam towel and then a bath towel over that for 30 mins to an hour.

Cheleigh

I combine:
Lustersilk Shea Butter Mango Cholesterol
Lustersilk Liquid Cholesterol
MasterCuts Vitamin C Pak
Castor Oil

I warm up in the micro and apply with a plastic cap and mylar cap. I don't use heat--just do stuff around the house for 30 minutes or so.

Other deep conditioners I've used in the past and liked:
JessiCurl Too Shea (one of my favorites)
My Honey Child Honey Hair Mask
Activate Hair Repair Mask

so so chic

I like using Motions Moisture Plus mixed with mollases (I read this tip from someone here) and EVOO. I sit under the dryer with it for 30-45 minutes once a week.

NantanYah

I use L'oreal Nature's therapy megamoisture mixed with Ors replenishing pack and a little bit of honey and mayo with a conditioning cap on for about an hour. My hair is sooo soft when I do this which is twice a month:)

BrownSkin2

Aveda Brilliant conditioner or Aveda Deep Penetrating Revitalizer once week for 30 minutes under a plastic cap wrapped with a warm towel. I sometime prepoo with Africa Best mayo and/or castor oil.

mango387

NantanYah said:
I use L'oreal Nature's therapy megamoisture mixed with Ors replenishing pack and a little bit of honey and mayo with a conditioning cap on for about an hour. My hair is sooo soft when I do this which is twice a month:)

I was trying to use up my L'Oreal Nature's Therapy, and you just gave me a terrific idea. Thanks, NantanYah!

Qurlyqt

Thanks ladies for your replies. There are so many great ideas mentioned so I'll pick one(or two) of your suggestions and see how it works on my hair. You guys are so helpful!

Priss Pot

Makeup + Bench Pressing
I've been experimenting with various Deep Conditioners lately. I've been alternating with Elucence Moisture Repair Treatment with a layer of Sweet Almond Oil, Tropical (brand) Avocado Deep Treatment (dominican), and Aveda DR Treatment (could cause protein overload if left on too long).

I want to start deep conditioning my hair at least once a week, alternating with protein and moisture. Before I fly back home, I'm going to hit up the BSS here again to buy more dominican conditioners that I could try using for moisture. I really want to find the perfect moisturizing deep conditioner somewhere, somehow.

GirlywithCurlies

Once a week alternating ORS Olive Oil Replenishing Conditioner (Moisture) with Motions CPR (light protein) and Jane Carter Solution (both?)

Once I use up the CPR and the Jane Carter Solution I want to try BBD Stretch since I've heard so many great things about it.

InNeedofHairapy

Some type of cholesterol, ORS Mayo, or ORS Replenishing pak with olive oil added. I haven't been consistent with DC, but I'm starting back up. Looking at my shiny gorgeous, wavy new growth, and then grabbing at my crunchy dry ends has prompted me to be consistent regardless of time

rosalindb

Protein Treatment: Aubrey Organics GPB mixed with JBCO & organic Honey
Moisturising Treatment: Aubrey Organics HSR mixed with JBCO & organic Honey
Deep Conditioner: Anita Grant Rhassoul Condish

joyous

Joico J-pak Intense Hydrator
Wella Kolesterol
Alter Ego Moisturing & Rebalancing Cream

I deep condition weekly. I put on 2 plastic caps then do some work around the house for about an hour.

Last edited:

CurleeDST

anything around the house. right now - aveda intensive conditioner and miss jessie's restorative treatment. this stuff is a dream.

jewel

Hi there Princess725 :wave:
Okay, I experiment with different things from time to time but I do have a few staples. Mostly I will use Alma oil as a overnite conditioning treatment with a shower cap( if you don't like the smell add some Peppermint EO) . I also like to use Alma with a heated towel and shower cap for 15-20minutes....hair feels extra soft afterwards. I have also tried coconut milk mixed with alittle almond oil..I liked that too.