Mega hair poll of 2007

SleekandBouncy

I've learned so much from this board and figure this would be a good reference especially for newbies, and a great way to quickly reference the regimens of my/our favorite members. I suspect I will have a huge wishlist after reading everyone's answers. Just copy and paste then fill in your own answers or hit the "quote" box under this post.
  • Hair type and length:
    How much does your hair grow a month:
  • Your biggest hair problem: (breakage, dryness, etc.)
  • Solution, if you've found one:
  • Favorite shampoo and why:
  • Favorite conditioner and why:
  • Daily moisturizer:
  • Fave random hair product:
  • Fave Relaxer:
  • Best hair tip:
  • What's product/vitamin/technique gives you the most growth?
  • What's gives you the most shine?
  • How do you wear your hair daily:
  • Random notes: Any particular product or details about your regimen/hair you want to share? :grin:

Last edited:

IrisDaVirus

• Hair type: A mix of 3c and 4a. It can be very wild and bushy at times but I love it.
  • How much does your hair grow a month: This time of year about 3/4 to an inch a month. My hair generally grows quite quickly during warmer months.
  • Your biggest hair problem: (breakage, dryness, etc.) - Right now it's severe dryness. I don't know if it's because I'm pregnant, but hair has definitely been dry as heck.
  • Solution, if you've found one - Mixing coconut oil into my conditioner when I do conditioner washes
  • Favorite shampoo and why - I have a few. The Paul Mitchell Tea Tree Special (great for clarifying and stopping the itchies)and the Isoplus Conditoning Shampoo (sulfate free so it doesn't dry your hair out). I also have a Godiva shampoo bar from Lush Products that I like too.
  • Favorite conditioner and why - Tresemme Vitamin E Moisture Rich. It does my hair lovely plus it's reasonably priced.
  • Daily moisturizer - African Royale Miracle Oil Moisturizer. I go back and forth between others, but I always come back to this when all else fails.
  • Fave random hair product - Don't have one right now.
  • Fave Relaxer - Don't have one of those either. I gave up on chemicals four years ago.
  • Best hair tip - Take care of your ends. Keep them moisturized and trimmed as needed. Also be careful with the amount of heat you use.
  • What's product/vitamin/technique gives you the most growth? - I think as long as I take a multivitamin, drink plenty of water and eat well, the hair growth will always be a by-product of that. I don't worry about the amount of hair growth I get most of the time.
  • What's gives you the most shine - A good conditioning followed up by my trusty African Royale Moisturizer.
  • How do you wear your hair daily - Lately gently pulled back into a ponytail.
  • Random notes: Any particular product or details about your regimen/hair you want to share? - Not at this time.

Last edited:

SleekandBouncy

• Hair type & current length: 4b. Naturally dry and very tightly coiled. Almost mid back.
  • Your biggest hair problem: TANGLES and breakage but mostly TANGLES!
  • Solution, if you've found one: Aphogee protein treatment or Nexxus emergencee, it's the heavy stuff but I've started using it every 4 wks. I have not found a solution to my tangles!!! :mad:
  • How much hair growth do you get a month: Half an inch or less if I skip vitamins.
  • Favorite shampoo and why: No fave. Right now I use Elucence but it's not detanging enough so I'm still looking
  • Favorite conditioner and why: Elucence moisture balance. DA' BOMB!! :grin: Surprisingly this silicone free conditioner instantly detangles and softens more so than conditioners with silicone.
  • Daily moisturizer: I moisturize my ends every 2 days. I use a little conditioner mixed with a little oil like Kemi Oyl. Right now it's Salerm 21 on my ends, it seals and strengthens my ends.
  • Fave random hair product: Boundless tresses, Tigi ego boost (silicon product that seals the ends of hair to prevent split ends/damage), Kemi Oyl and Wild Growth oil which I don't use anymore cuz' my boss thought there was a homeless person in the office.
  • Fave Relaxer: Organic Root Stimulator Olive oil relaxer.
  • Best hair tip: (1) Visualize the hair that you want. I visualized my hair from shoulder length to mid back. (2) Avoid direct heat. (3) Wrap in opposite directions each night. (4) To get pretty waves, part hair into 2 or 4 even sections and roll the hair into a bun, pin and take out in the morning. Good alternative to wrapping and nice results. (5) Moisturize just the ends to maintain bouncey hair.
  • What's product/vitamin/technique gives you the most growth? GNC hair vitamin, MSM, protein rich foods/drinks, hot weather and excercise makes my hair grow like a weed.
  • What's gives you the most shine? Elucence shine spray
  • How do you wear your hair daily: Down and straight, part to the side with swoop bangs. Lately I try to wear it up at 2x a week.
  • Random notes: Any particular product or details about your regimen/hair you want to share? :grin: My biggest wish would be to find a solution to my tangles. It's to the point where I feel like crying sometimes. My regimen is to wash and set every weekend. During the Summer I wash during the middle of the week and wear my hair in a wash n' go or twist out.

ravenmerlita

Hair type and length: 3C, just past armpit, texturized
How much does your hair grow a month: 1/2 inch
Your biggest hair problem: dryness and ultra-fine strands
Solution, if you've found one: washing/conditioner-washing daily; monthly hardcore protein treatments; rollersets or wash-n-go only
Favorite shampoo and why: Nexxus Aloe Rid. I use a lot of cones, this clarifies my hair but is not stripping and my hair always responds better to conditioner after I use this shampoo.
Favorite conditioner and why: Currently Crede ER Treatment. Started using this and have no split ends and hair stays moisturized longer
Daily moisturizer: Phyto 9
Fave random hair product: L'anza ProtecShine Serum
Fave Relaxer: Affirm Fiberguard Mild
Best hair tip: Don't overlap relaxers
What's product/vitamin/technique gives you the most growth? Most growth -- Vitamin: Therapro Hair Gain + Biotin capsules
Most retention -- Technique: Never combing or brushing when dry and minimizing manipulation

What's gives you the most shine? Biosilk Silk Therapy when roller-setting (but it dries my hair out over time so I rarely use)
How do you wear your hair daily: Wash-n-go
Random notes: Any particular product or details about your regimen/hair you want to share?
Weekly deep treatments are a must (twice weekly is even better).
I use Nizoral shampoo once a month or so just to keep my scalp healthier.

Christa438

Hair type and length: Im a type 4, texlaxed, and my hair is shoulder-length stretched
How much does your hair grow a month: almost an inch
Your biggest hair problem: My biggest hair problem hands down was detangling til' I discovered that using my leave-in and spritzing water to keep it wet worked wonders for easy slip-through detangling. Now I only worry about keeping my dry hair moisturized.
Solution, if you've found one: I moisturize and seal with grease/oil morning and night
Favorite shampoo and why: Various moisturizing and clarifying poos
Favorite conditioner and why: Mane n' tail Deep Moisturizing Conditioner. I love the smell and it does its job.
Daily moisturizer: Daily co washes followed by MNT oil creme and MNT hair strengthener or MNT regular conditioner applied as leave-in
Fave random hair product: Aceite 3
Fave Relaxer: Motions Oil Moisturizer-mild
Best hair tip: Moisturize and seal. Relax no earlier than every 8 weeks.
What's product/vitamin/technique gives you the most growth? I am taking prenatal vitamins but I can't make a comparison because I haven't tried any other vitamins.
What's gives you the most shine? My co-washing my hair and my sealing with grease or oil give my hair shine, but I also like MNT oil mist for shine sometimes.
How do you wear your hair daily: Under a protective wig/ half wig
Random notes: Any particular product or details about your regimen/hair you want to share? :grin: I love co-washing daily, It just feels good. And co-washing daily is better for me time-wise than deep conditioning weekly 30 minutes or longer. Always use cold water when co-washing or cooler water. It does help the combing or detangling to go smoother from my experience. I luv MNT oil cremes and I also have sealed my hair (especially ends) with jam. I don't spend money on many products that are supposed to speed up growth. They never make that much of a difference in my experience. My regimen, my simple products, and my vitamins have been helping me to retain my length as my hair continues growing which I am satisfied with.

This was a good idea, SleekandBouncy, and yo hair is beautiful.

Last edited:

Junonia

• Hair type and length: 4a/b
    How much does your hair grow a month: 1/4 in
  • Your biggest hair problem: (breakage, dryness, etc.) Breakage, dryness and itchy scalp
  • Solution, if you've found one: Still looking
  • Favorite shampoo and why: Creme of Nature Detangling b/c my hair feels soft
  • Favorite conditioner and why: Alter Ego DC reduces shedding and smells good
  • Daily moisturizer: Cantu shea butter scalp treatment
  • Fave random hair product: Dentangling comb pic
  • Fave Relaxer: Optimum
  • Best hair tip: Sleep with a satin/silk scarf
  • What's product/vitamin/technique gives you the most growth? N/A
  • What's gives you the most shine? Cantu shea butter scalp treatment
  • How do you wear your hair daily: ponytail
  • Random notes: Any particular product or details about your regimen/hair you want to share? :grin: My hair soaks moisture like a sponge.

hothair

Ok here goes
  • Hair type and length: 4a growing out TWA
    [*]How much does your hair grow a month: varies from .5 to .75 a month 1 inch in the crown area couple months back:look:
  • Your biggest hair problem: (breakage, dryness, etc.) dryness and tangles
  • Solution, if you've found one: ACV rinse and for the tangles afrodetangler seems to be doing it :thumbsup:
  • Favorite shampoo and why: Neutrogena CLEAN -does what it says, Aveda DR seemed to leave my hair moister [ok that's not a word but i'm keeping it :sekret:]
  • Favorite conditioner and why: This is hard- Lustrasilk Shea Butter, Nexxus humectress, i guess now the Aveda DR conditioner
  • Daily moisturizer: B&B leave in (rinse out) in; braids dilute MNT
  • Fave random hair product: Paul Mitchell Finishing Pomade, the bling on straight hair is unbeweavable:grin:
  • Fave Relaxer: n/a yet going to texlax with phyto later in the year
  • Best hair tip: Drench your hair at least thrice a week it grows in nice and thick:look:
    MTG no lie! (other sulphur works too, but MTG...:) oh and biotin/ MSM= thicker strands
    Paul Mitchell Foaming pomade on straight hair
  • How do you wear your hair daily: braided or weaved up till i get my length
  • Random notes: Any particular product or details about your regimen/hair you want to share? :grin: Coconut milk as a prepoo is the truth if you have dry hair, Vatika oil DOES thicken and darken your hair- i bet when i go i'll remember...Happy Hair Growing!!!
[/QUOTE]

cicilypayne

Hair type and length: 4a & 4B
How much does your hair grow a month: 1/4- 1/2"
Your biggest hair problem: (breakage, dryness, etc.) Dryness
Solution, if you've found one: Condition Wash Condition
Favorite shampoo and why: Creme of Naure Detangling
Favorite conditioner and why: Keracare - my hair soaks it up
Daily moisturizer: Surge Ultra Max
Fave random hair product: Vatika Oil
Fave Relaxer:Affirm
Best hair tip: Satin Scarf at Night
What's product/vitamin/technique gives you the most growth? Nioxxin Vitamins and Biotin and Boundless Tresses
What's gives you the most shine? Vatika Oil
How do you wear your hair daily: All Weaved up
Random notes: Any particular product or details about your regimen/hair you want to share? Consistent Care = Longer Hair

BronzyBella

Hair type and length:
4 a/b, 1 or 2" from APL

I've been retaining 1/2" every month since October 2006

Your biggest hair problem: (breakage, dryness, etc.)
Definetly dryness

Solution, if you've found one:
Ardell Lights and Brites (semi-permenant color) adds instant shine and silkiness to my hair when really its really dull and dry. I pretty much use it as a last resort. I'm still looking for a really good moisturizer so that I won't have this problem. I don't really care for baggying or pre-pooing.

Favorite shampoo and why:
Selsun Blue moisturizing shampoo. I use this at least once a month 'cause before LHCF, I had suffered with dandruff for years. I'm probably still prone to it. This shampoo actually has aloe in it as on of the top ingredients. It never dries my hair out like they say products with sulfide sometimes do.

Favorite conditioner and why:
Lacoupe Silk and Shine Conditioner w/ Shea Butter. I bought it to replace my Dove Intense Moisture. It smells AMAZING, makes my hair shiny and even temporarily loosens my curl pattern. The only thing is, it's kinda watery for a conditioner.

Daily moisturizer:
Right now I'm using ORS Olive Cream and will probably try the ORS Carrot Cream next. I have extra-dry, thick, and coarse hair. My hair sops up moisture. I wish this stuff came in bigger jars (11 oz like Hollywood Beauty). I also use S-Curl on a regular basis.

Fave random hair product:
Lacoupe Silk and Shine conditioner 'cause of the smell.

Fave Relaxer:
Silk Elements Lye.

Best hair tip:
Moisturize at least daily with a water based moisturizer.

What's product/vitamin/technique gives you the most growth?
I've used MN and Lenzi's request, flaxseed oil, and B12. I always retain almost exactly 1/2" growth a month. I've been using MSM for the last month though, and will soon know if this has made a difference. I know that I should be drinking more water.

Other than that, I didn't retain new growth at all until I increased my shampoo washes from bi-monthly to weekly, and started bunning / airdrying.

What's gives you the most shine?
Unrefined coconut oil.

How do you wear your hair daily:
In a bun.

Random notes: Any particular product or details about your regimen/hair you want to share? Only that I've had thick hair almost all my life, and since using Lenzi's Request for almost 6 months, my hair has become MEGA-thick, in an uncontrollable kind of way. I didn't see any additional length, so I don't know if it was worth it.

whitneysimone

Hair type and length: NATURAL. i dont think my hair fits into any particular type, it has several different textures :ohwell:
How much does your hair grow a month: good question lol i honestly have no clue. Your biggest hair problem: (breakage, dryness, etc.) the knots at the ends of my hair and tangles.
Solution, if you've found one: i havn't found a solution to the knots, but for the tangles i just make sure to rid my hair of all shed hair before i wash and i use a good leave-in that doubles as a detangler. Also the dryer my hair is the more tangles i have so i try to keep it moisturized.
Favorite shampoo and why: i do scalp shampoo's and I biolage but i want to try CON detangling poo
Favorite conditioner and why: Joico Moisture Balm for moisture and Mizani Kerafuse for protein
Daily moisturizer: Mizani H20 Nightime treatment and PM the Conditioner Leave in :D
Fave random hair product: Jojoba Oil/Pm The conditoner leave in
Fave Relaxer: n/a
Best hair tip: if your natural Comb you're hair out before you wet it otherwise its matt city.
What's product/vitamin/technique gives you the most growth? MSM & lots of water
What's gives you the most shine? PM The Conditioner Leave In
How do you wear your hair daily: Braided up with a wig on top
Random notes: Any particular product or details about your regimen/hair you want to share? :grin:
Sure, I wash weekly, sometimes every 4 days, i use protein every other week. i detangle, add my leave-ins and oil and braid my hair up and tuck the ends under the braids in lieu of a baggy. My ends remain moisturized and protected. I follow up with a silk scarf if im sleeping or lounging and a satin turban to wear under the wig when im on the go. My hair goes from being covered in silk during the night to being covered in a satin material & wig during the day. my hair is protected 24 hours a day and i have gotten great results. :cool:

natstar

Hair type and length: 4a/4b layered, natural, from chin length to slight APL
How much does your hair grow a month: I don't know really. I know it gorws slowly. Maybe less than .25 a month
Your biggest hair problem: thin hair & slow growing
Solution, if you've found one: I can't really permanently change how much my hair grows or the thinness it has. I treat my hair like a fine piece of cloth and it's healthy. I am slowly coming to accept that this is just how my hair is. That doesn't mean it isn't healthy though.
Favorite shampoo and why: Elucence. It gets my scalp clean w/out irritation and my hair is never really rough or dry after using the moiturizing or the clarifying. Also, it lasts a long time. I've had the same bottle for 2 years now
Favorite conditioner and why: I don't have just one. I can't choose just one!!
Daily moisturizer: I really like Qhemet amla and olive heavy cream.. It works really well. I use this w/some type of oil to seal. My fav is WGO
Fave random hair product: I have so many but I am going to say Smooth and Shine Curl Activator gel. It really moisturizes and defines some curls for me. My hair is soft when using this too. I like it, its cheap and easily accessible.
Fave Relaxer:I'm natural, but I swear I think about relaxing sometimes.
Best hair tip: Keep it moisturized.
Baggie method-instant moisture. Also not combing when dry and low manipulation.

What's gives you the most shine? My hair doesn't really shine all the time. But when I do the baggie method, I use qhemet heavy cream and WGO and that gives me shine (the WGO). Also some pomades give me shine too.

How do you wear your hair daily: Bun w/beak clip.
Random notes: Any particular product or details about your regimen/hair you want to share? I love WGO. It is fantastic for my hair. It keeps it pliable. When applied as asealant w/a cream, its keeps my hair looking healthy.

Sometimes relaxed heads stretching techniques can be good to naturals. For example, I use sylver scarf method to keep my hair flat and it works well.

LovelyLionessa

• Hair type and length: 3c ish, mid-back length
    How much does your hair grow a month: I dunno, I never measure my hair, maybe 1/2 inch or so.
  • Your biggest hair problem: (breakage, dryness, etc.) tangles
  • Solution, if you've found one: Washing hair in braids, combing & detangling in the shower with Garnier Sleek & Shine conditioner.
  • Favorite shampoo and why: CON Detangling (green) it detangles, moisturizes and makes my hair feel great.
  • Favorite conditioner and why: LeKair Cholesterol Plus & Cabellina conditioner, both are affordable and easy to get, and great for deep conditioning.
  • Daily moisturizer: Africa's Best Liquid Mayo, it moisturizes and detangles, it's perfect for setting hair before bed.
  • Fave random hair product: All Ways Castor Oil Hair Dress, it's my favorite pomade, nice & thick & creamy.
  • Fave Relaxer: Silk Elements lye, it's the only one I have used so far since I began self-relaxing last year.
  • Best hair tip: Not combing dry hair.
  • What's product/vitamin/technique gives you the most growth? BT is the 1st growth aid I have ever tried and so far so good.
  • What's gives you the most shine? Rusk Smoother on wet hair.
  • How do you wear your hair daily Rollerset, twistout, or bun.
  • Random notes: Any particular product or details about your regimen/hair you want to share? :grin: I love rollersetting with mesh rollers using Lacio Lacio & Fantasia Olive Serum as leave-ins. :D

Guyaneek

Hair type and length: 4a between sl and apl now, just did a major trim...
How much does your hair grow a month: just over 1/2 inch but not 3/4
Your biggest hair problem: (breakage, dryness, etc.) random breakage and or uneven growth
Solution, if you've found one: still working on that
Favorite shampoo and why: CON green. Mega slip
Favorite conditioner and why: silicon mix. I love the smell and the way it leaves my hair
Daily moisturizer: avacado butter, s-curl & caribean cream
Fave random hair product: coconut oil
Fave Relaxer: phyto index II
Best hair tip: keep it moisturized and ends protected
What's product/vitamin/technique gives you the most growth? baggied ends, MTG/BT & protective styles

What's gives you the most shine? avacado butter

How do you wear your hair daily: the bun :look:
Random notes: Any particular product or details about your regimen/hair you want to share? ask the pros at LHCF! They will get you to your goals!!!

Last edited:

sareca

• Hair type and length: 4a between SL and APL
    How much does your hair grow a month: 1/2 an inch
  • Solution, if you've found one: red palm, eyqss and oat protein
  • Favorite shampoo and why: garlic poo. it helps with shedding
  • Favorite conditioner and why: Aveda DR it's super moisturizing
  • Daily moisturizer: red palm concoction and eqyss rehydrant
  • Fave random hair product: red palm
  • Fave Relaxer: Phyto II
  • Best hair tip: low-poo
  • What's product/vitamin/technique gives you the most growth? MTG
  • What's gives you the most shine? henna, indigo, avocado oil
  • How do you wear your hair daily: lately kinky twists and UPA
  • Random notes: Any particular product or details about your regimen/hair you want to share? http://public.fotki.com/Serica/hair-to-stay/regime/0001347vi.html

GoldenBreeze

• Hair type and length:
    A mixture of 3c, 4a, and 4b. Grazing BSL.
  • How much does your hair grow a month:
    I'm not sure. I don't measure, but I know that it grows faster in late summer through fall.
    A delicate crown area.
  • Solution, if you've found one:
    I put more conditioner in that area when I deep condition. Use more moisturizer, and massage daily as well.
    I'm not currently using shampoo.
    I don't have a fav, as long as it's a thick deep cond. for dry and/or curly hair it's fine.
  • Daily moisturizer:
    A mixture of moisturizing cond., aloe vera gel, glycerine, and oils.
    Henna
  • Fave Relaxer:
    I'm natural, so I don't have a fav. relaxer.
  • Best hair tip:
    Deep condition, moisturize, and protect ends.
    I'm not certain. I've always taken viamins, but I tried MTG from Jan - April and from May - August I'm not using it. I'll know more in August.
    Good deep conditioning followed by a leave-in, aloe vera gel, and jojoba oil
    Currently I'm wearing it in a braid covered by a baggy with a bun cover over that.
  • Random notes: Any particular product or details about your regimen/hair you want to share?
    I don't stress about my hair. I just try to keep it healthy, and the length will take care of itself. As long as it's not breaking or shedding excessively I'm happy. My regimen is simple. The best thing that I have done for my hair over the years is to deep condition after every cleanse.

Last edited:

curlcomplexity

formerly qtslim83
Here's mine :D

• Hair type and length:4a/4b BSL
    How much does your hair grow a month:1/2 inch
  • Your biggest hair problem: (breakage, dryness, etc.)dryness
  • Solution, if you've found one:daily/deep conditioning
  • Favorite shampoo and why:Porosity Control, all about the slip baby!
  • Favorite conditioner and why:Silicon Mix b/c it helps w/ the NG and smells great!
  • Daily moisturizer:Dove Intensive/Silk Elements Repair and Restore
  • Fave random hair product:Silk Elements Repair and Restore Hair Creme
  • Fave Relaxer:Silk Elements Mild Lye Relaxer
  • Best hair tip: treat your hair like lace, w/ extra care
  • What's product/vitamin/technique gives you the most growth? Don't know yet...maybe the vitamins?
  • What's gives you the most shine? Vitapointe
  • How do you wear your hair daily: in a bun
  • Random notes: Any particular product or details about your regimen/hair you want to share? I alternate products every once in a while so that my hair dosen't become "immune" to the product:ohwell:

Last edited:

bravenewgirl87

• Hair type and length:
3b-4a
  • How much does your hair grow a month:
hmm... I'd say, the average 1/2
I suffer from chronic dryness. However, now i have an issue with protein.
  • Solution, if you've found one: Co-washing daily and deep conditioning with Honey is fixing the dryness. I try to use hairdressing with protein. I love to use my B.b. Alojoba Conditioner as a leave-in because it is chocked full of protein, as well. I just got on the
Profectiv Break-Free

and Elasta QP Mango Butter

Honestly, they are both SUPERB for moisture, but I'm not so sure about adding protein to the ends of my hair. We'll see, tho. I am thinking about trying Profective Healthy ends soon.
Hands down, Oscar Blandi Alla Crema. Not too much suds, very moisturizing, doesn't leave my hair stripped.

This will be hard. I am going to have to say Bumble and Bumble Alojoba Conditioner because it has more protein than most. But, in two close seconds, Oscar Blandi Balsamo Hair Crema Conditioner And Bumble and Bumble Super Rich. The Super Rich Conditioner has no protein in it, so its very good for moisture. The Oscar Blandi, has some wheat protein and starches, but its at the bottom of the ingredients list. Hence, it lacks effectiveness.

• Daily moisturizer:
I have been using Shealoe butter, Sweet Almond Butter pure shea butter from FNWL. This works wonders, but can be a bit heavy. It doesn't do a thing as far as protein is concerned. Right now, i'm like the Elasta QP Mango Butter. The Break-Free is very heavy, sticky and gloopy. I wouldn't use all over my dry hair. Good pommade, tho.
I like the smell of Ojon Restorative Treatment . I also :love: Kids Organics products. Their vitamin and protein hairdressing is the BEST.. but kind of hard to find. Their Shea Butter Detangling lotion does wonders for getting out kinks and tangles, but both can give you limp hair.

Oh, and Lenzi's Request really does grow hair. I think BT would be excellent, if only it could be made in to a pommade or hairdressing.
hmm.... Caisha, is that a HINT :scratchch:
  • Fave Relaxer:
I go to the stylist. I want to start using Phytospecfic.
  • Best hair tip:
  • Never skip Deep Conditioning.
  • Organic ingredients (coconut milk, honey, shea butter, red palm oil) are your best friend.
  • If you have a good stylist, stick to her.
  • Take advice from women of other races with gorgeous hair... clearly, they know what they are talking about.
  • Think outside the box when it comes to hair care. Look what it did for Caisha!
  • Don't trust people who's natural hair you have never seen in your life. If she is always wearing a weave...hmm:look:... think about it.
  • Relaxed/chemically-treated hair will never be as healthy as natural,without your active attention.
Co-washing daily is amazing and if you get a conditioner that is perfect, chock full of protein and moisture then go for it. Low Manipulation styles have always got me through rough times, its just hard to manage the hair when its out of weaves, braids and such.
Alma Oil and Honey in my conditioners. Bring on the shine. Vegatable Gyclerine and jojoba oil will vamp up any product
I am on the co-wash routine, so everyday I wash with conditioner. I "butter it up" (moisturize it), and I am trying to do styles that only allow me to put a comb or fingers in my hair for no longer than 2 minutes.
  • Random notes: Any particular product or details about your regimen/hair you want to share? :grin:
Lenzi's Request and BT does work... fast. I have used Carol's Daughter's HHB and its on-point. I only use organic products, but i need to find a way to get away from the cones.:ohwell:
I love sexy, thick, healthy short hair....You should too.

Last edited:

Cheleigh

*Hair type and length: Natural (type 4ish); From chin length in front to armpit in back.
*How much does your hair grow a month: Just less than .50"
*Your biggest hair problem: (breakage, dryness, etc.): Dryness and tangles
*Solution, if you've found one: Detangle at least once a week. Keep hair plaited whenever possible. Use pomades and water-based spritzes to moisturize.
*Favorite shampoo and why: Don't have one, although I like Suave daily clarifying as my clarifier because it's gentle.
*Favorite conditioner and why: Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose because it's the best stand-alone moisturizing conditioner I've used.
*Daily moisturizer: Spritz and pomade.
* Fave random hair product: Kemi Oyl Shea Butter Pomade
* Fave Relaxer: N/A
* Best hair tip: Simplicity and consistency is best for healthy hair
* What's product/vitamin/technique gives you the most growth? Nourishing my body from the inside out--exercise and eating well helps the most, IME.
* What's gives you the most shine? Not really shine, but pomade helps it have sheen.
* How do you wear your hair daily: Bun or ponypuff
* Random notes: Any particular product or details about your regimen/hair you want to share? Start to pay attention to ingredients to find out which ones your hair likes--and which ones it hates, and purchase products accordingly. By doing this, I can avoid wasting money on products I know my hair will hate.

B_Phlyy

Pineapple Eating Unicorn
  • Hair type and length: 4 something TWA
    How much does your hair grow a month: 1/3 -1/2 inch a month, depending on time of year
  • Your biggest hair problem: (breakage, dryness, etc.) DRYNESS
  • Solution, if you've found one: Still looking for the perfect moisturizer
  • Favorite shampoo and why: Herbal Essences Hello Hydration because it's creamy and doesn't strip my hair
  • Favorite conditioner and why: Nexxus Humectress. It's good for all types of moisturizing and smells good
  • Daily moisturizer: Profectiv Breakfree
  • Fave random hair product: Pantene Relaxed and Natural Wrap and Set Lotion
  • Fave Relaxer: Motions Oil Moisturizer
  • Best hair tip: Detangle hair when wet
  • What's product/vitamin/technique gives you the most growth? I don't take vitamins but ORS Temple Balm works wonders for my edges and nape.
  • What's gives you the most shine? John Frieda Brilliant Brunette Shine Shock Glosser
  • How do you wear your hair daily: I'm currently in braids, but when I'm not, a wash and go
  • Random notes: Any particular product or details about your regimen/hair you want to share: Always do a protein treatment before putting in extensions. It'll cut down on shedding and breakage.

Crissi

• Hair type and length: 4A/B AROUND 0.60 in legnth, i wore it faded for 14 months and im gworing it out now
    How much does your hair grow a month: Anything from 0.5 - 1 inch, im taking vitamins now though slohopefully within the next 3-6 months there should bea nice steady increase
  • Your biggest hair problem: (breakage, dryness, etc.): Dryness, which would lead to breakage...
  • Solution, if you've found one: Yes, Pro-line sof and sheen
  • Favorite shampoo and why: Allways moisturizing shampoo, it cleans the hair well, leave it soft, tangle free and moisturized, breakage/ shed free, oh and it's a cheapie (£1.80 approx $3.60)
  • Favorite conditioner and why: Allways moisturizing conditioner, once again it leave my hair soft, tangle free, moisturized and breakage/shed free
  • Daily moisturizer: Pro-Line sof and sheen
  • Fave random hair product: Asha's sun kissed hair pomade and coco de leche
  • Fave Relaxer: Been natural my whole life-ish i had about 2/3 TCB texturizers when i was about 7/8 yrs old. However my hair "reverted"
  • Best hair tip: "Grow it like a man" aka leave it alone
  • What's product/vitamin/technique gives you the most growth?: Pro-line sof and sheen, leaing it alone, my vitamins haven't increased growth as of yet (only being taking them since May 14th). However i have a lack of shedding and breakage and my hair/texture feels different, likes its smootherand silky, my hair seems to just be growing healthier ever since i've being taking vitamins (Viviscal, Hair formula 37, B-Complex, Biotin, MSM)
  • What's gives you the most shine?: Asha's Naturals Sun kissed hair pomade mixed with Coco De Leche
  • How do you wear your hair daily: Covered up witha scarf
  • Random notes: Any particular product or details about your regimen/hair you want to share? :grin:: I do not really wash my hair, i'll leave it anything from 10 days to a month, i just moisturize daily with sof n sheen. My hair hates to be fussed with, which is probably why it appeared to grow so fast and retain so much legnth when i use to weave my hair.

babyanjel

• Hair type and length: 3c/4a & Midback (about to cut to APL)
    How much does your hair grow a month: about 1/4 an inch, sometimes 1/2
  • Your biggest hair problem: (breakage, dryness, etc.) excessive shedding & dryness
  • Solution, if you've found one: Ferrous Fumerate (iron pills) & Elucence conditioner and Serum
  • Favorite shampoo and why: Elucence Volume Clarifying, Smells good & gets the job done without stripping my hair
  • Favorite conditioner and why: Elucence Extended Moisture Repair Treatment & Moisture Balancing. The EMRT because it's the only protein my hair likes. The MB because it helps with my detangling.
  • Daily moisturizer: Don't really have one unless you count the Silk Hydrating Elixer that I use every other day
  • Fave random hair product: Water
  • Fave Relaxer: Mizani for fine/color treated hair
  • Best hair tip: Sleep with a satin bonnet on!
  • What's product/vitamin/technique gives you the most growth? Healthy/Good Nutrition, Regular Exercise, Water & Less heat (but not no-heat for me)
  • What's gives you the most shine? I'm not sure I guess the combination of my regimen & the Serious shining spray (that I will not be purchasing again because my hair looks plenty shiny without it)
  • How do you wear your hair daily: Center or Side part and down then pinned up by midafternoonRandom notes: Any particular product or details about your regimen/hair you want to share? -I airdry my rollersets (grey rollers) and flat iron my roots around 8-10 weeks post relaxer with my sedu on high.
    -I relax anywhere from 4-6 months at a time
    -I trim with every other relaxer if needed
    -scarves never stay on my head so I use a bonnet
    -my hair gets stringy and stiff if I use oils on it...so I don't
    -mineral oil makes my hair 'crispy', I try to avoid it...but love my BabyButtercreme for my Bahama Mama Twistouts (the bf named that one)
    -I wash my hair anywhere from 7-10-14 days depending on how many weeks post I am

bablou00

Hair type and length: Mostly 4b and 4a in the kitchen/somewhere between shoulder length and grazin APL
How much does your hair grow a month: around an 1/2 inchYour biggest hair problem: Dryness in my crown and tangles w/ a lot of NG.
Solution, if you've found one: EVOO when detangling dry hair. A lot of conditioner when detangling wet hair. Relaxing and taking my time when detangling so I dont pull out a ton of hair
Favorite shampoo and why: Right now Aveda DR but I love Keracare Detangling shampoo
Favorite conditioner and why: Mizani Moisturfuse and Aveda DR both very moisturizing and helps w/ tangles.
Daily moisturizer: Mango butter, keracare hairdress, ORS olive oil
Fave random hair product: Jojoba oil and Ojon restorative
Fave Relaxer: Mizani:love: :love:
Best hair tip: Taking your time w/ your hair and not to stress over it. We now know our hair can grow to great lengths if we take care of our hair. If you dont have hard water washing everyday or every other day helps w/ moisture and keeps the scalp clean for maximum growth.
What's product/vitamin/technique gives you the most growth? No heat, deep conditioning, rollersetting, biotin, lots and lots of H2O
What's gives you the most shine? Jojoba and EVOO, Ojon restorative, and H2O
How do you wear your hair daily: In a pony or in some type of updo where my hair isnt touching my clothes. Airdried or rollerset
Random notes: Any particular product or details about your regimen/hair you want to share? :grin:
Aveda is now my new love that has done wonders for my hair. I still love my keracare and mizani products. Jojoba oil is great for detangling and getting knots out w/o pulling a lot of hair out. I love stretching my relaxer but since I dont go to a stylist and I dont use a lot of heat I am limited on my styles. No more buying products just to be buying. Im sticking to what I have and keeping it simple.

IMFOCSD

• Hair type and length: 4a/b & SL
    How much does your hair grow a month: Not sure
  • Your biggest hair problem: (breakage, dryness, etc.) Dryness
  • Solution, if you've found one: Frequent cowashing
  • Favorite shampoo and why: Don't have one
  • Favorite conditioner and why: Don't have one
  • Daily moisturizer: Africa's Best organics olive oil and SILK ELEMENTS MegaSilk Leave In Hair Moisturizing Creme
  • Fave random hair product: Any vo5 or suave conditioner
  • Fave Relaxer: Africa's best kid's organic conditioning relaxer
  • Best hair tip: Only comb hair when wet with conditioner in it
  • What's product/vitamin/technique gives you the most growth? I don't use any growth aids
  • What's gives you the most shine? EVOO/Coconut oil
  • How do you wear your hair daily: slightly bumped in a banana clip
  • Random notes: Any particular product or details about your regimen/hair you want to share? Umm....not really...lol

Last edited:

Bosslady1

• Hair type and length: 4b/full shoulder length
    How much does your hair grow a month: Possible .5 inches
  • Your biggest hair problem: Trying to keep my ends moisturized.
  • Solution, if you've found one: Being texlaxed...equals healthy hair.
  • Favorite shampoo and why: Paul Mitchell Tea Tree Poo - Tingles and the ingredients are great.
  • Favorite conditioner and why: Paul Mitchell Tea Tree Cond. - Tingles and the ingredients are great.
  • Daily moisturizer: Mizani H20 nighttime treatment and Elasta QP mango butter
  • Fave random hair product: Elasta QP Glaze & Mane N Tail Leave in Strengthner Spray
  • Fave Relaxer: Affirm for now...might switch to Mizani or Phyto
  • Best hair tip: Use your damn satin bonnet at night!
  • What's product/vitamin/technique gives you the most growth? C&G tech. gives me growth.
  • What's gives you the most shine? Mizani products
  • How do you wear your hair daily: In bantu sets..4 now.
  • Random notes: Any particular product or details about your regimen/hair you want to share? :grin: Paul Mitchell Tea Tree line

GoingNatural

Hair type and length:
3 b/c shoulder length curly and btwn SL and APL stretched

0.5 inches a month:confused:

I don't think I have a hair problem :ohwell: I thought it was breakage, but it was normal shedding

Never comb dry hair and keep your hair properly moisturized. Don't let those ends graze your shoulders/back too much if you are trying to get past SL.

I rarely shampoo, but it would have to be Cream of Nature

V05 because I love the slip and it is very moisturizing. Although, I am excited to try Trader Joe's Nourish Spa Conditioner. Both products also are SUPER cheap.

Daily moisturizer:
Giovanni Direct Leave-In

Aloe Vera Gel and Jamaican Mango & Lime Moisturizing Lotion

Best hair tip:
Never wear your pony tail in the same spot and never too tight

The best technique is patience

Aloe Vera Gel

Ponytail :( I am trying to get past shoulder length and this seems to be the only way

I will pass on the best knowledge I have learned from this board. Keep it simple and stay away from cones.

Last edited:

lovenharmony

ET / OT Bonafide Member
  • Hair type and length: 3c with some 4a, relaxed, fine. almost shoulder length
    How much does your hair grow a month: usually 1/2 an inch a month...but lately it's been 1 inch a month
  • Your biggest hair problem: (breakage, dryness, etc.) a combination of breakage and shedding.
  • Solution, if you've found one: I believe the shedding has been caused with my increased usage of growth aids, so I slowed down a bit on that. Still battling dreaded breakage :mad:
  • Favorite shampoo and why: Tresseme moisturizing shampoo for Dry Damaged Hair because it leaves my hair feeling strong and not dry.
  • Favorite conditioner and why: Don't have a favorite yet...still searching
  • Daily moisturizer: UBH Creme Moisturizer with Emu Oil on the ends.
  • Fave random hair product: Henna & Placenta :love:
  • Fave Relaxer: Affirm for Dry Sensitive Scalp
  • Best hair tip: Don't comb hair when wet without moisturizing first, especially for those with fine hair!
  • What's product/vitamin/technique gives you the most growth? MTG, drinking lots of water and no direct heat so far - working on stretching my relaxers.
    What's gives you the most shine? Again, Henna & Placenta! - love this stuff.
  • How do you wear your hair daily: Loose Pig tail
  • Random notes: Any particular product or details about your regimen/hair you want to share? :grin: Still learning my regimine so not at this time.

Last edited:

Seeking8Rights

Hair type and length:
4B Bra strap (crown to ends 20 inches long)

I don't really keep track

Dryness and when I'm stressed (during finals or something) my hair breaks a little in the calic area.

Seven Wonders Hair drink, bye bye excessive shedding/breakage/etc.

Aveda Smooth Infusions Line & Nexxuss Aloe Rid Shampoo

Aveda Smooth Infusions & Nexxuss Aloe Rid Treatment & Nexxuss Rid Humectress.

Daily moisturizer:
I use KeraCare with Jojoba oil Moisturizer, then I apply vatika oil and Shikakai oil to seal in moisturizer

Elasta QP Mango Butter. Biologe Hydratherapie Cera Repair

Fave Relaxer:
I use Affirm Sensitive Scalp

Best hair tip:
Drink the Drink (Seven Wonders Hair Drink) and take care of your hair on the inside, and you will lessen outside care. Use minimal heat and make sure you use a heat protective (I learned the hard way on a few pieces of my hair). Oh and make sure your hair is COMPLETELY dry before flat ironing.

Seven Wonders Hair Drink

CHI Silk Infusion

Either wraped (if I don't leave the house) or in a P-tail or just down with a fabric head band. I am a stay at home mom, so I don't have to manipulate my hair often with heat or anything.

Random notes: Any particular product or details about your regimen/hair you want to share?
Drink the Drink!!!

Seven Wonders "Hair Food" Cocktail
The following drink contains Protein, Choline, Inositol, Pantothenic Acid, Biotin, Vitamin E and Zinc: The seven ingredients' nutritionists most often recommend for growing healthy hair.

8 Fl oz Plain Yoghurt
8 Fl oz Orange Juice
3 Tablespoons Wheat Germ
3 Tablespoons Brewers Yeast
1 Tablespoon Lecithin Crystals
1 Teaspoon Vitamin C Crystals
1 Raw Egg Yolk
1 Tablespoon Unflavored Gelatine Powder
Honey to Taste (optional)

Combine all the ingredients and blend until smooth. If a blender is not available put all the ingredients into a jar with a lid and shake vigorously.

This tonic makes a quick and nutritious breakfast and will work wonders for your hair.

This cocktail should help just about everyone, and you will certainly notice a difference to your hair once you try it.

20perlz

• Hair type and length: 4a/4b
    How much does your hair grow a month: so far seems about average - 1/2 inch
  • Your biggest hair problem: (breakage, dryness, etc.) breakage before LHCF now ... patience
  • Solution, if you've found one: just day by day
  • Favorite shampoo and why: Cream of Nature...seems to the best ive tried
  • Favorite conditioner and why: nexxus humectress ... have been using it for years (even b4 lhcf)
  • Daily moisturizer: it varies ... i like creams better than sprays though
  • Fave random hair product: pantene breakage defense mask and moisture mask
  • Fave Relaxer: mizani ... just tried this last retouch - best i have ever tried
  • Best hair tip: no heat and conditioning is saving my hair
  • What's product/vitamin/technique gives you the most growth? no heat styling
  • What's gives you the most shine? fantasia ic serum :p love this stuff
  • How do you wear your hair daily: fingercombed roller set
  • Random notes: Any particular product or details about your regimen/hair you want to share? :grin: just that the rollerset is saving my length. i was stuck at shoulder length before lhcf....now i am actually KEEPING the inches i grow.

Ms Red

Hair type and length: 3c & 4a. Shortest length- chin; Longest length- 2" from APL
How much does your hair grow a month: It seems on the slow side-- about 1/4 to 1/2 inch a month.
Your biggest hair problem: (breakage, dryness, etc.) Dryness/moisture
Solution, if you've found one: Use a moisturizing shampoo, a rich conditioner, deep condition for at least 45 minutes, no heat and frequent (every 2-3 months) trims
Favorite shampoo and why: I love CON. I need to clarify more when I use it but I still love it. I will be trying Aveda DR and Smooth next though.
Favorite conditioner and why: I really haven't foung 'the one' :yawn: I think Aveda might be a winner though.
Daily moisturizer: Water!
Fave random hair product: Fantasia IC Gel with Sparklites-- a new natural's best friend :yep:
Fave Relaxer: N/A
Best hair tip: No Heat and deep condition
What's product/vitamin/technique gives you the most growth? no heat styling/I don't take hair vits
What's gives you the most shine? hair gloss
How do you wear your hair daily: sooo many different ways.
Random notes: Any particular product or details about your regimen/hair you want to share? Just that I am hoping to reach full APL by March 2008. I think I can do this and I'm really excited.