Whale Sperm Oil review

neenee280

I stopped at the BSS and saw it really cheap. Since I was running low on my Amla oil, which has become my staple and I wasnt going to the indian store until the weekend, I decided to try it.

WHERE HAS THIS STUFF BEEN ALL MY LIFE?!!?!! Oh...in a whale. :lol:

My hair looks like a mirror. It is soooooo shiny. Even a coworker said, "oooo neenee, I like your hair!" It's not very greasy, it smells pretty good (I did a sniff test at the store) and gives the ultimate shine!

A+ for the whales!

klb120475

neenee280 said:
I stopped at the BSS and saw it really cheap. Since I was running low on my Amla oil, which has become my staple and I wasnt going to the indian store until the weekend, I decided to try it.

My hair looks like a mirror. It is soooooo shiny. Even a coworker said, "oooo neenee, I like your hair!" It's not very greasy, it smells pretty good (I did a sniff test at the store) and gives the ultimate shine!

A+ for the whales!

:lachen: :lachen: :lachen: :lachen:

preciousjewel76

^^^I was gonna say the same thing!:lol: It's the oil of a sperm whale. I thought sperm whales were almost extinct, though? I wasn't aware that companies were allowed to kill them & extract the oil (spermacetti) anymore....guess I need to do some research.

SvelteVelvet

Cool! I've read good reviews for other Whale Sperm products as well, the shine and slip it provides. I might give them a try in the future.

victorious

Relaxed/4A/Fine/Thin/APL
Ennyaa said:
OK... I need to get my mind out the gutter cuz I was like, "SPERM!! Aww HELL NO!" :lachen:

:lachen::lachen::lachen:

I looked at the screen like :eek: and thought "STOP! THIS IS TOO MUCH"

I need to renew my mind.

* Where's my bible? *

:lol:

dlewis

I was think whale sperm, now these ladies have gone to far. I was thinking I wonder how human sperm would do? :lachen: :lachen:

bLackButtaFly

dlewis said:
I was think whale sperm, now these ladies have gone to far. I was thinking I wonder how human sperm would do? :lachen: :lachen:
Make things very sticky?:lachen: :lachen:
Yeh I thought sperm whales were almost extinct too. I think this might disagree with my attempt to save the animals.:perplexed

neenee280

Oh dear! Ok, now I feel kinda bad because I was thinking that some scuba diver was collecting it when a whale did, well you know! :eek: Now that I know that a sperm whale was killed or hurt for the sake of my glossy hair...I feel kind of bad. :(

I rather keep thinking it was sperm from a whale! Dang.

victorious

Relaxed/4A/Fine/Thin/APL
neenee280 said:
Oh dear! Ok, now I feel kinda bad because I was thinking that some scuba diver was collecting it when a whale did, well you know! :eek: Now that I know that a sperm whale was killed or hurt for the sake of my glossy hair...I feel kind of bad. :(

:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:

I'm in tears after reading that line and the one from your original post:

I must stay out of this thread -- two replies, and I haven't made a positive contribution. :eek:

Last edited:

neenee280

Sirens_Song said:
I'd like to try this! Nice review. Hope I can find it in my BBS. Whats the brand name?

When I get home I will let you know. It is in a blue and white bottle with a cute picture of a whale. Dang I am feeling so guilty!

neenee280

victorious said:
:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:

I'm in tears after reading that line and the one from your original post:

I must stay out of this thread -- two replies, and I haven't made a positive contribution. :eek:

Hahahahaaaa! Glad I made you laugh!!! :grin:

Envious

Sounds like you had great results! :D

I know I definitely wouldn't use it...sperm whale oil doesn't sound very whale/animal friendly :(

Bint Yusef

neenee280 said:

This entire reply has me cracking the hayell up :lachen:

Serenity_Peace

Genius never dies!
Are you sure it's WHALE sperm?!!>>!!???:lachen::lachen::lachen:

I went to 3 BSS's that sale Dominican products. I found the whale sperm deep conditioner but not the oil. It's very hard to fine. I'mma go to one more place and if I don't find it, I'll just order online, which I hate to do...

neenee280

Ok, I brought my bottle in with me today. It is by Easy Look. It says

Aceite De Esperma De Ballena Wale Sperm Oil. (exact spelling)

The ingredients are: Petrolatum, Refinated Soy Oil, Whale Sperm Oil, Vitamin E and Perfume.

It was made by Q&S Laboratories, S. A. Santo Domingo, Rep. Dom.

I found this on the internet and had it translated:

It revitalizes the hair
The hair line Sperm of Whale, of Q&S Laboratories, S.A. formulated with natural extracts that next to the oil of whale sperm the hair prepares, specially those mistreated by chemical processes and climatologic changes. Distributed by Laboratories Q&S, 809-530-7092.

From what I have been reading, it is taken from Whale blubber. Ew.

Oh well. I will tell y'all this. It is day two of my rollerset and my hair is still ever so shiny!

attaching pic of oil and hair

Attachments

• oil.jpg
    oil.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 19
  • blue.jpg
    blue.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 33

Anancy

I would just like to say that this oil (Spermaceti) is obtained from the sperm whale.
As some of you hav pointed out it is an endangered species - i really don't know how they get the oil from the whale, but i know it's from the head so they probably have to kill the whale to get it (don't quote me on that).