YUM...CARAMEL

HAVE YOU USED THE CARAMEL TREATMENT

• Total voters

honeybadgirl

or is it so yummy? i'm talking about this, sort of, buzz i guess about this caramel treatment that stylist put on your hair as some kind of treatment. i wanted to know if anyone has any experience with it? if so, did you like it? what were the effects? it seems that this has or is becoming popular. a friend of mine told me she mentioned it to our stylist and got a snap of the comb on her shoulder for asking about it. she told her that she would kill her if she ever put that stuff on her hair. that was like sugar on your teeth:confused: i was a bit baffled by that comparison and didnt really get it. so i am asking, has anyone tried this????? what do you know about it???

ETA: this is what the site says about it:

CARMEL
Deep penetrating, reconstructing hair treatment. It contains olive oil, honey, and other natural ingredients that contain vitamins and minerals. Carmel strengthens, conditions, and moisturizes the hair leaving it soft, shiny, bouncy, and full of life.
PRICE $15.00

Last edited:

mika vs sasha

Sounds interesting, I've never heard of this treatment. I wonder what's the benefit for your hair???? Any ladies know about this!!1

~*~ShopAholic~*~

A friend of mine was using this at her salon, everybody loved it but as it is know it didn't work for everyone and she had to stop using it on some of her clients because it was making their hair fall out.

I know it is left on overnight and when you come in the next day to be serviced it makes it easier to straight the hair, like loose the curl pattern. It's all suppose to be natural and last I knew it was only like 3 ingredients.

Last edited:

Brownie518

Never even heard of it. I checked out the Etae website and some of the items look interesting. But, I am trying not to buy anything new right now. I am fighting the urge...

honeybadgirl

BeautifulWideEyes said:
A friend of mine was using this at her salon, everybody loved it but as it is know it didn't work for everyone and she had to stop using it on some of her clients because it was making their hair fall out.

I know it is left on overnight and when you come in the next day to be serviced it makes it easier to straight the hair, like loose the curl pattern. It's all suppose to be natural and last I knew it was only like 3 ingredients.

i wonder why it made the hair fall out. maybe thats why my stylist said not to use it:confused: but like i told my friend, everyones hair is different. i guess its not worth risking it, why fix it if it aint broke, right?

honeybadgirl

ravenmerlita said:
I think it's this product from E'tae called carmel: http://www.etaeproducts.com/products.htm.

Looks interesting.

yes, thats why i was asking. i am scheduled to go for an appt(thanks scorpian:) ) and from what i read from the site, its basically mandatory that they use it on your hair on your first visit. make sense from what someone else said that it loosens the curl pattern since they primarily care for your natural hair.

sunshinelady

Hi,

I started a thread on this about a month ago. Some ladies said that they received poor customer service from them.

honeybadgirl

sunshinelady said:
Hi,

I started a thread on this about a month ago. Some ladies said that they received poor customer service from them.

from etae? wow, would you care to share more. i'll look up the thread also.

~*~ShopAholic~*~

It may have just been a little too much for their strands, some pple's hair just can't do it all but others can fine. I know I have products I love and get great results but others can't stand it and vice versa.

I remember her saying it was something that she noticed over a period of time, it wasn't something she saw right away, but some of her other clients hair did fine with it.

If you do give it a try just pay close attention to your hair and watch for any drastic changes.
honeybadgirl said:
i wonder why it made the hair fall out. maybe thats why my stylist said not to use it:confused: but like i told my friend, everyones hair is different. i guess its not worth risking it, why fix it if it aint broke, right?

ajargon02

I was looking to see EXACTLY what was in this stuff. I went to the site to see if I could find them, but it was too vague. Does anyone have a bottle of this stuff to tell us what's in it. I mean w/ the supposed ingrediants something like that shouldn't cause hair loss (w/ exception of allergies) immediately, or over time. That's just too strange. Anyone have more info on this.

baby42

honeybadgirl said:
yes, thats why i was asking. i am scheduled to go for an appt(thanks scorpian:) ) and from what i read from the site, its basically mandatory that they use it on your hair on your first visit. make sense from what someone else said that it loosens the curl pattern since they primarily care for your natural hair.
please let use know how everything went:)

honeybadgirl

baby42 said:
please let use know how everything went:)

yes but i'm getting scared now:eek: . i was thinking about canceling the appt now. but also like i said, i could something like maybe having damaging effects over time but not the 1st time.....i hope:confused: please please please, if there is anyone out there was that has more info about this please post.

~*~ShopAholic~*~

I don't want you to be afraid or discourage from giving it a try, so I'm gonna ask my friend what did she notice btwn the clients that hair handled it with no ill affects and those that did in the end. Or it could have been just something she (the stylist) did wrong.
honeybadgirl said:
yes but i'm getting scared now:eek: . i was thinking about canceling the appt now. but also like i said, i could something like maybe having damaging effects over time but not the 1st time.....i hope:confused: please please please, if there is anyone out there was that has more info about this please post.

baby42

honeybadgirl said:
YOU SCARE DONT BE SCARE:lol: :lol: :lol: JUST JOKEING BUT IF YOU DONT FEEL GOOD ABOUT IT DONT DO IT IT IS YOUR HAIR YOU DONT WANT OR NEED SET BACKS AND THE SUMMER COMEING TOO:)

honeybadgirl

baby42 said:
YOU SCARE DONT BE SCARE:lol: :lol: :lol: JUST JOKEING BUT IF YOU DONT FEEL GOOD ABOUT IT DONT DO IT IT IS YOUR HAIR YOU DONT WANT OR NEED SET BACKS AND THE SUMMER COMEING TOO:)

you got that right!!! i am looking forward to the summer growth!!!:grin:
i am still looking responses about this though.....

Mystic

I heard about this from my hair dresser. She said it's important to DC with caramel before flat ironing natural hair. This will prevent flat ironing damage that some naturals get.

Motivator01

I have not tried it but I am curious when ever I get my hair pressed out (it has been almost 2 years I will probably go to a salon that does the treatment. Everybody I know loved it. It probably was not the caremel that did the breakage they probably where getting tooo much heat too often.

FunkyDiva

I used E'tae products about a year ago when I was transitioning. I bought the shampoo, condition and caramel treatment from the salon. I wasn't really crazy about it. The conditioner left my hair hard and the caramel didn't really make a difference.

honeybadgirl

is etae the only place that uses this? or should i say the only company that produces it? i do know someone else that had it used and she didnt go to etae. her stylist probably got it from etae, thats what its looking like from your responses. i'm starting to think philly is the only place that does it. is there any other city that does it? ny?

Neala21

I used the E'tae Caramel Treatment. I am all natural with thick hair. I loved it. It is very sticky. It's been almost 3 weeks since using and I don't have to detangle my hair like i used to. It way more manageable. But I miss my curly definition...but after every wash since my curls are returning to their regularity. (It does loosen curls)

My twin sister who is pregnant likes it as well a total alternative and safe way besides relaxing.

The ingredients are pretty healthy and natural. I order it online from the website www.etae.com

The site is pretty vague. I still have to post pics of when i did it. It was a breeze when it came to blowdrying and flatiron. For me it cut my time in half. I was definetly happy. Bouncy and shiny hair. I will use it again.

Any questions in particular --feel free to ask me.

gorgeoushair

I know some people are using a homemade version on another hair board. It has 3 ingredients but I'm not sure what they are but I think it's molasses, honey and jbco. Let me find out for sure.

honeybadgirl

So Honey....did you ever go to Etae?

no i chickened out:nono:
then my regular stylist was so against that stuff. she didnt recommend it for hair at all. she didnt know i wanted it, i was just asking a simple question about it so her answer was objective. then i couldnt get past the fact that they were going to make you put it in for your 1st visit! i guess if you totally demanded it not be used but why do i have to go thru that??:look:

honeybadgirl

I know some people are using a homemade version on another hair board. It has 3 ingredients but I'm not sure what they are but I think it's molasses, honey and jbco. Let me find out for sure.

and neala, what is the point of it anyway? i guess like you were saying N, it loosens the curls too??

BambiEyes

I made my own at home and freezed the rest! It did pretty good. I didn't blowdry or straighten right after or anything. It did streghten it