Who's set to make BSL 08?

Proudpiscean

I won't be poppin' my brastrap this year. My goal for this year is to make full, healthy APL length; then I can focus on BSL and beyond. I plan to use the rules for the LHCF bootcamp to get there (no heat, protective styling, DC with every wash, no trimming just dustings, baggying). Who else is set to make BSL in 08? I don't think there is a 'pop ya brastrap 08' thread yet so I thought I'd get an early start! (2008 is less than 8 months away-it'll be here before we know it) :lol:

BSL in 08!

4mia
~Healthytresses~
26INCHHAIR
Abenyo
Aggie
Alli77
almondjoi85
alwayzalady22
Amara11
Ambitious1013
angie10
Anky :cup:
Atlien
Aussie
Bablou00
BelindaLuz
Belleama
bellesocialite
bLackButtafly
Bluefolli
bluwatersoul
Bosslady1
caligirl2385
Carletta
Ccmuffingirl
Charmtresse
Cheeks87 :cup:
Chellero
Chenai
Chicacanella
Chickory_Bee
Choconillaprincess
Cleve gyrl
Closer1
Cmw45
Country gal
Crimsonvixen
cupcake
Curlcraze
Curlycarameldiva
Cutie2be
Daniemoy
Demetrius Roberts
Den1
Divake22
DivaRox
Divinefavor
drasgrl
E$h :cup:
Ebonyhairedprincess
Elegance Unleashed
Energee
Energist
FactoryMouse77
FineChyna
FlawedBeauty
Flyrob
foxieroxienyc
fullsizediva
Gabulldawg
GANicole
gemini350z
Glamourous
GoingNatural :cup:
Growinglong777
Growth2come
Guyaneek
hair wit favor
Healthyhairin07
HighlyFavored1
ILuvsmuhgrass
IntoMyhair
Islandspyce
Jade998
Jaiku
JazzyDez
Jazzykate
JenFleets
Kacie
Kalayani
KaramelDiva1978
Kbfluff
kbody4
KhandiB
laCriolla :cup:
Ladylibra
LadyZ
lavendar :cup:
Leleepop
lollyoo
Loved
Lovemyhair1
Luving me
LuvMyHair07
Luvmylife
mamamia
Mane Vixen
Mariamichelle
MCrzyGr
MedMunky
Metro qt :cup:
Miesha
Miss Jetsetter
Missdivine01
MissFallon
Missi
MissMadaam
MissNorway
MonaLisa
Mook’s Hair
moroni
Motherx2esq
mrsjohnson75
MsAngie
mw138
Mynappturalme
mzcris
Nappity4b
Netnet26
Nice & Wavy
nikkipoo
nubianqt86 :cup:

NYlegalbarbie
OnAHairQuest
Opalsunset
OSAMENE
Patiencevirtue
pattycake0701
Pistachio
PrettyBlackHair
prettyfaceANB
prettypuff1
princessnad
Puddles
Qetesh
Queen t
Ronda123
rosie
Royal Glory
Runrunrunner
Saida
sareca
Sashaa08
Sassyshani
SeatownSista
Serenity Peace
sexyeyes3616
Seymone
Shalilac
Shun78
shunta
Skyborn09
smcbarnett
Soliel185
Soonergirl
SouthernTease
Sowhut
Special K
StellaB
Stephypoo
Stluciansweetie
Sunshine baby
Sunshine0801
Sunshine One
sunshyne krissy
Sweetgeorgiapeach
sweetyb
taj
Tatje
Tenacious
TLC1020
tnorenberg
Tottzu
Tootuff
toyztoy
Traycee :cup:
Trudy
tschizum
tthreat08 :cup:
Vanesart
vivacious1083
WaterChylde
Wheezy807
WhipEffectz1
Wildchild453
winniebread
Wishin4BSL

Thanks Special K for putting the list in order!

Last edited:

cutiebe2

me!...I will be full shoulder length by August 07....so by December 08 I wont be full brastrap, but close enough it claim it!

Puddles

On Cloud 9
[SIZE=+1] Me, me, me. :clapping:

I plan on being there by this time next year. I just cut the last of my damaged colored hair off a couple of days ago. So now I'm starting fresh.

I have a cutting/trimming addiction......but to achieve bsl....I'm going to have to stop. ;)

I can't wear a bun now.......but when I can....I will start bunning. No heat and bunning is what had me at 14inches(1inch past bsl) before Textures & Tones took it all away. :(
[/SIZE]

Nightingale

On the Grow and Keeping it Simple
ME! I just made APL and I'm aiming for brastrap by April 08. I'm hoping for sooner, but I think this is realistic for full BSL.

bluwatersoul

me! me!

I am set for the end of 08 - hopefully sooner. I am in braids now and plan to take them out in the fall maybe, and will then bun until I reach my goal. God willing and the creek don't rise
.....:lol:

GoingNatural

I'm in! I am hoping for BSL by July 08, but really hoping to make it by May 08. I use no heat and I don't deal with scissors. I'm just trying to find the right moisture balance for my hair.

sareca

Me three! Me three!

I'm thinking April/May 2008 or Aug/Sept 2008 with a trim.

Last edited:

toyztoy

ME ME ME ME ME ME! I got a trim my last one, my hair is starting to thicken back up(from the micro braids thinnin it out). So I'm ready to grow I probably have 4 inches.:D I want to be there by Jan 08!!

alwayzalady22

Me! :wave: i'm shooting for APL by august, full apl by christmas, and bsl by february would be nice, but march is probably more realistic....i want to be full bsl for my may 08 graduation!!!:D

let's get it, ladies!

Creatividual

Count me in. I would like to see my hair BSL by this time next year. I will have APL by the end of October. So I feel confident that I will have BSL by May-June 2008. I'm set!!!!!:D Let's get it!!!:grin:

Proudpiscean

vivacious1083 said:
Count me in. I would like to see my hair BSL by this time next year. I will have APL by the end of October. So I feel confident that I will have BSL by May-June 2008. I'm set!!!!!:D Let's get it!!!:grin:

Those are my goals as well! APL by Oct, then BSL by this time next year!
Let's keep each other motivated ladies! :grin:
I'll post my updates to this thread every few months. :)
BSL: Class of 08! Let's get it ladies! :grin:

Last edited:

sareca

I made myself a little map today... I originally said Apr/May 2008 and I was dead on! I'm about 5.5 inches from BSL (that's 11 months ETA April 2008).

Last edited:

Proudpiscean

sareca said:

I made myself a little map today... I originally said Apr/May 2008 and I was dead on! I'm about 5.5 inches from BSL (that's 11 months ETA April 2008).

:eek: Girl, you are a genious! I so need to make one of those!

sareca

amr501 said:
:eek: Girl, you are a genious! I so need to make one of those!

It was super simple. I used MS paint to add the lines and numbers. The hard part was making sure the tape measurer was straight. You have to sit on it a little. :wink2:

ETA: I knew my torso was short, but I didn't realized that I don't have a 'mid-back' (my original goal).

Last edited:

Bint Yusef

That is the goal. I wonder if its realisitic? I need to make a map like Sareca's. I am about 3 or 4 inches from full APL, and hopefully I will hit that by Sep/Oct of 07.

healthyhairin07

I should be BSL by January of '08, but I think it may take the front of my hair longer to catch up, so all of my hair should be BSL by the end of '08. I'd be happy with that. That doesn't seem like it's a long time from now. Plus, I've never had BSL hair.

I'll give myself until the end of '08, which is more than enough time, because I don't want to have BSL thin hair.

Ambitious1013

Good idea Sareca!!! I am going to do a progress pic like that when I get my touch up. I haven't set my goal yet for BSL (I'm just trying to get to APL first :lol:) but I know that it will be some time in 2008. The picture will truly help me out with setting my goal down to the month.

Proudpiscean

So far we have:

ambitious1013
amr501
waterchlyde
kalayani
cutiebe2
puddles
nubianqt
bluwatersoul
tnorenberg
prettypuff1
GoingNatural
sunshyne krissy
sareca
WhipEffectz1
toyztoy
mw138
alwazalady22
vivacious1083
MissMadaam
OnAHairQuest
healthyhairin07
Iluvsmuhgrass
shunta
lavendar
Glamourous
Patiencevirtue
cupcake
Demetrius Roberts
Bablou00
bellesocialite
Serenity Peace
angie10
fullsizediva
JazzyDez
GANicole
Trudy
Stephypoo
bLackButtafly
Bosslady1

Just stay on top of those regimens ladies and we can all have swangin' BSL hair next year sometime! I'm so excited! :D
I'm going to stick with the LHCF bootcamp challenge to get there ( no heat, stretching relaxers 20 weeks, dc with every wash, baggying, moisturizing daily, protective styles, no trimming- just dusting). Good luck ladies! :)

ETA: I look forward to typing 'achieved' next to each name ;)

Last edited:

Proudpiscean

Ambitious1013 said:
Good idea Sareca!!! I am going to do a progress pic like that when I get my touch up. I haven't set my goal yet for BSL (I'm just trying to get to APL first :lol:) but I know that it will be some time in 2008. The picture will truly help me out with setting my goal down to the month.

You're making great progress Ambitious! Keep up the good work :up:
You'll be APL this year and BSL sometime in 08 :yep:

CHECKMATE!

Let's get it! Let's get it! ...let rain and clear it out *doing chicken noodle soup dance* :)...I'm 2inches from APL & taking my vits. so,with no setbacks,let Gods' will be done for Dec 08' ;)

Bint Yusef

patiencevirtue said:
Let's get it! Let's get it! ...let rain and clear it out *doing chicken noodle soup dance* :)...I'm 2inches from APL & taking my vits. so,with no setbacks,let Gods' will be done for Dec 08' ;)
How come I got crunk when I read Let's get it lets get it:lachen:

My hair is going into braids after this last final. Hopefully that will help me get to my goal and help me get over my watching obsession