Anyone else using Paltas?

love2alicia

Paltas is an old friend of mine that I used once in high school to grow my hair fast and another time a couple of years later.

Its one of those products which is fairly expensive and annoying to use but it does work. Now Im not going to neglect my hair so it can break off again (unkempt extensions:( ). Im back on the oily Paltas bandwagon, my Mum demanded to know what Ive been putting on my hair last night because my hair has grown lol.

P.S: Its worth trying this product if you dont like MTG smell ass it has the same kind of stimulating effects.

love2alicia

eajaye2u said:
HI! Where do you get it and what is it exactly ..conditioner, pomade, oil?
Tks

This is what your looking for, you can get it on ebay and probably on some other sites.

The way I use it it probably is in the same way that peeps use MTG, as a stimulating treatment. It is very similar, it awakens your scalp (got the tingle factor;) ), conditions your hair and scalp. It doesnt exactly say its for growth on the bottle but it makes peoples hair grow because of the stimulant like sulphur does:) Its very oily so you do it at night then wipe your hair with a damp towel in the morning and it leaves your hair really shiny and Black looking if you get my meaning.

LaNecia

I have two bottles of this, also in the not to use again category. I dunno, I just wasn't feeling it, no other reason.

Aalize

What is the best way to use this product? I tried it once before but it just made my hair a greasy, dirty mess so I stopped.

LaNecia

gn1g said:
VW I'm coming to visit your do not use again closet. Girl you got the loot.

:lol: Tell you what, if you want them, they're yours! You're far away so I think shipping would be cheaper! :lachen: Drop me a PM and I can get them in the mail as early as tomorrow. (Goes to double check to make sure they're still in the box.)

shesheshe

My mum used to use it in my hair back in the day too and my hair was long long long! For some reason when I started relaxing my hair I stopped using it. I think it makes my hair too greasy and limp. But you know what I'm going to start using it again because I can honestly say, its the only product that ever made my grow.

Nonie

Paltas (and its Kenyan imitation Pallitas) used to be my staples. In high school, when I wore a TWA, Paltas/Pallitas used to make my pen spirals pop and gave me the loveliest shine and softness. I didn't use it as the rules suggest (at night and shampoo in the morning or dampen hair). I applied it to scalp after washing my hair and then baggied my head for the night. Because it's so oily, I used it only once between washes, which used to be weekly. That one application was good for the whole week. Baggying made my hair feel more watery than oily in the morning. It'd also be so easy to comb and it'd stay soft the way SCurl makes my hair feel today. And no, I didn't dampen or rinse. Just wore my hair out and then popped the plastic cap again at night. (I've always, always braided my hair for the night, so I would do that before putting the baggy on.)

I loved the feeling it gave my scalp like I had just applied Vicks Vapor Rub to my head; I'd swear my head was breathing. :lol: I continued to use it many years later, and even have some (Pallitas and Paltas) in my stash. While I don't use them as much as I did back then - coz I can't stand oiliness around my neck or ears - I don't ever want to be without with them; feel like I'd get the shakes or sth. I have used them as a pre-poo overnight treatment, just because of how good they feel on my scalp, and yes I baggy when I do.

The consistency is comparable to castor oil but with a strong Vicks-like smell. So those who like castor oil on their hair or use it as a pre-poo overnight treatment, you should give Paltas a try. It was so easy to come by in the UK at flea markets, but here I've only been able to find it on Ebay as an import from the UK.

Last edited: