Miconazole Nitrate - 4% or 2% did you see a difference?

foxy_brown

I make my own skin and (sometimes) hair cream - soooooo....
yes, you guessed it! - (it's ok to laugh) I ordered a very small amount of miconazole nitrate the pure chemical in micropowder form and I plan to experiement with adding it to this cream I made, but I haven't decided on what concentration to make it - with the packaging I have I can either make it 2.5% or 4.5% (Yeah, hard core I know, but I love sciences so can't help it - I'll tell you about some mistakes I made in the past later) oh and the only animal I test on is me. My question is this: for the ladies who have used 4% and 2% did you see a significant difference in the effects between the two concentrations?

kenzi

I would like to know where you ordred it from too. I have used it for only about 3 weeks 4% but I have found that my edges and pony "tail" appear to be growing thicker and longer. It should be noted that I also use MNT.

foxy_brown

VinDieselsWifey said:
where did you order the powder from?

I ordered the powder from http://www.bio-world.com/MoreInfo.asp?ItemCode=705303

I got 5 grams which was 50 bucks but they get you with the shipping which is $15.

You're not going to save money but you could come out even - the main reason I was interested is because Monistat is leaving white residue in the hair after I used it - I don't know what to do about that since I have four tubes and I must use them somehow.

Basically I did the math like this:

If I want 2% then I would add 5gms to 250gms of something else. A tube of Monistat is 45gms so that's like 5 and a half tubes of Monistat, a tube cost what $12 - thats 66, I don't know if there is tax but that pretty much covers the cost of the powder and $shipping,
the only thing is you have to mix it with something else - and you will be out the cost of that something else.

How did you guys avoid the white residue in the hair, my hair is very short in the back so it shows. and it also shows on the front edges.

foxy_brown

imstush said:
:lol: :lol: Leave it to LHCF!

What was the size for the price you paid:cool:

Stop laughing! Can't you see we are becoming great scientists and inventors!:lachen:
It was 50 bucks for 5 grams, but if you see my earlier reply you will see it makes sense (sorta kinda) - although it's just about the same as buying a tube of Monistat.

foxy_brown

Oh I don't know if this matters but they say it's for lab use so when I ordered there is a place where they ask you what your position is and in what company, I said I was "proprietor" and my company name was something+my real name and that it was in the Cosmetics Industry. Shhh, don't tell anyone ;)

AKA-Tude

I got quicker results from 4% but my scalp was 'crawlin' up sumthin!

The site is awesome, but expensive.

Good Luck with your mix.

Did you mix the Monistat w/something like glycerine or some other type of moisture? This may help the white build-up.

GodsPromises

The Credit Countess
AKA-Tude said:
I got quicker results from 4% but my scalp was 'crawlin' up sumthin!

The site is awesome, but expensive.

Good Luck with your mix.

Did you mix the Monistat w/something like glycerine or some other type of moisture? This may help the white build-up.

I mix mine with Jobo Oil and put in a bottle and use it that way.

foxy_brown

The powder seems to mix well in an oil base - I melted the oil in hot water first. I didn't get white residue when I mixed it with my oil which is mainly shea and other butters - but definitely oil rather than water so it's likely any oil base will do.

I also ordered BT. I'll use the powder+oil for two months if I don't get problems from it (so I can relax after and get a better comparison) and then use BT alone for the same period to compare, I started using the powder+oil mix yesterday - I think I will relax soon so I can guage better how much growth I am really getting since I had a bit of growth when I started.

Serenity_Peace

Genius never dies!
Yeah, I wanna know, too! I have MN and it's just sitting there. I have some Lenzi's Request left and thought about adding MN to that and using for my edges and nape, which are the problem areas.

HoneyDew

I don't use it anymore, but I LOVE that you guys found the powder!!!

You guys are amazing!!

Actually mixing it up yourself would probably eliminate some of the headaches some of us got.

I did not had a chance to read the MSDS that foxy_brown warned us about, but I am sure it may be the same as some of the research we have done in the past.

Good luck ladies. (although I don't think any of you need to use any grwoth aids ;) )

Indigo's Hair

MN is awesome:) :) :) !!! I use 4% and over a 3 week period, I got 1.5 inches in growth. When I used the Monistat brand, I was getting headaches but with the Rite Aid generic brand I haven't had any problems with headaches.

Serenity_Peace

Genius never dies!
Indigo's Hair said:
MN is awesome:) :) :) !!! I use 4% and over a 3 week period, I got 1.5 inches in growth. When I used the Monistat brand, I was getting headaches but with the Rite Aid generic brand I haven't had any problems with headaches.

That's amazing! Is that even humanly possible?! WOW!!!!

HoneyDew

Indigo's Hair said:

:eek: Girl, I bet you felt all kinds of tingles!! :eek:

Indigo's Hair

Serenity_Peace said:
That's amazing! Is that even humanly possible?! WOW!!!!

My sentiments exactly :eek: :eek: :eek: !!! I measured and measured and measured.......and measured and took pics, pics and more pics. I was absolutely floored. Pics are in my fotki. I'm still convinced that I did something wrong.

HoneyDew

Indigo's Hair said:
My sentiments exactly :eek: :eek: :eek: !!! I measured and measured and measured.......and measured and took pics, pics and more pics. I was absolutely floored. Pics are in my fotki. I'm still convinced that I did something wrong.

:lol: That is what I felt when I used MN. The growth was so fast that i was like :look: "This just can't be right!". But it was. I did get faster growth.

But for some reason, styling my hair was not the same. I think it was drying my NG or something. I don't know. It just did not make my hair "act" the same - maybe because it was growing faster than I was used to. So I just stopped using it.

But, you are so right. It makes you go :eek:

Indigo's Hair

HoneyDew said:
:eek: Girl, I bet you felt all kinds of tingles!! :eek:

:lol: :lol: :lol: Yes indeedy!!!! I had serious urges to wash my hair daily but I resisted :) :) !! I am in braids/cornrows now so I have been washing/rinsing my hair twice a week. I don't know if the growth was uniformed around my whole head...I doubt it. And, I don't think that the growth will be consistent but I plan on using my MN mixture and BT combo until I run out of my first batch of MN mixture.

jovan787

Indigo's Hair said:

Indigo where did you find 4% MN? I am DYING to know :grin:

OrangeMoon

Indigo's Hair said:
I got mine from Rite Aid. It is their generic brand. The box says Miconazole 3 on it. It was a lot cheaper than Monistat.

I went out to purchase the Miconzole from Rite Aid, it only cost $11.99. Could you please explain how you applied the Miconzole?

Indigo's Hair

OrangeMoon said:
I went out to purchase the Miconzole from Rite Aid, it only cost $11.99. Could you please explain how you applied the Miconzole?

I mixed about 3oz of ORS Carrot Oil, 3 tubes/applicators of MN, a few drops of Rosemary and a couple tablespoons of glycerin together. After mixing, it was still creamy like the ORS Carrot oil. I just massage a little throughout my braids/cornrows in the evening. I also spray my hair with a mixture of CFCG (or whatever braid spray I have available), Infusium 23, glycerin and water every night and day to ensure that it doesn't dry out. HTH.