How is everyone using Black Castor Oil/Castor Oil

lennet93

I finally got some Jamaican Black Castor Oil and I'm just curious to know how is everyone using it. I am hoping to thicken up my hair by using it. Right now I use vatika oil to seal in my moisture.

candie19

I use it on my end when i braid my hair into cornrolls and I also just started applying it to my scalp to get thickness.

Tamrin

unapologetic
I use it on my ends and also use it with lavender oil in my mtg alternative. I have been testing two types of Balck castor. The Jamaican and the Haitian.. I prefer the Haitian one its thicker the jamaican one is thinner.

cutiebe2

1. using it my scalp (when I remember) I am supposed to me using it everyday to thicken my new growth
2. hot oil treatment
3. to seal once in a while
4. added it to my V05 conditioner along with some other oils

chayil0427

I use her straight up, but recently I been mixing with a lil shine serum to thin it out. Works like a dream!

Chayil

MzOptimistic

I just start using bco last week and I'm using it to thicken up my hair ends. So it's a sealer for me after I apply profective healthy ends or eq mango butter to my ends.

FunkyDiva

I mix it with my conditioners during CW's and DC's

I also use as a sealant on my ends when I baggy at night.

Prosperity711

Closer1 said:
I use it on my ends and also use it with lavender oil in my mtg alternative. I have been testing two types of Balck castor. The Jamaican and the Haitian.. I prefer the Haitian one its thicker the jamaican one is thinner.

Where do you buy the Haitian one from?

leleepop

This is my staple hair oil. I use it in my homemade spray,to seal my leave-in moisturizer and to seal throughout the week. I replaced my wildgro with this.

Tamrin

unapologetic
LP1177 said:
Where do you buy the Haitian one from?

I live in NYC Brooklyn there is this little public market on Flatbush and Caton. There is this Haitian Vendor there. I asked her for Palma christi oil. She had it. Its darker them JBCO and has the smokey smell. I bought bottle for 16 dollars.

Girl I went on a hunt one sunday morning looking for it. I asked my mom who is haitian if she had any, she said you cannot even bring it hear from Haiti anymore. ***** would not share LOL I even considered having my gramma ship me a gallon to Jamaica while im on vacation this summer and then I bring it here. I treat it like gold. My Brown Gold. When I was younger I used to hate it, but my mom loves it, she has 3b hair thats as thick as horse hair. When I put a strand of my hair next to hers mine is invisible

Serenity_Peace

Genius never dies!
I think the key for me is the ends. I use it to seal my ends for my baggy treatment each night. I'm sure that the JBCO is making a world of difference.

locabouthair

i use the JBCO on my scalp every other day and i use it everyday to seal in my moisturizer then i baggy my head/ or ends. when i take the baggy off my hair is soft and smooth. i havent been using it long enough to be able to tell a difference in thickness.

~*~ShopAholic~*~

When I was at the Indean Grocery store I picked up some pharmaceutical grade pure Castor Oil by Niharti, and I just love it, it softens the hair and NG without leaving it greasy or limp the next day. I've been using it as a scalp oil and on my ends every other night.

Prosperity711

Closer1 said:
I live in NYC Brooklyn there is this little public market on Flatbush and Caton. There is this Haitian Vendor there. I asked her for Palma christi oil. She had it. Its darker them JBCO and has the smokey smell. I bought bottle for 16 dollars.

Girl I went on a hunt one sunday morning looking for it. I asked my mom who is haitian if she had any, she said you cannot even bring it hear from Haiti anymore. ***** would not share LOL I even considered having my gramma ship me a gallon to Jamaica while im on vacation this summer and then I bring it here. I treat it like gold. My Brown Gold. When I was younger I used to hate it, but my mom loves it, she has 3b hair thats as thick as horse hair. When I put a strand of my hair next to hers mine is invisible

I want some:( I wish I could find some it sounds good for the hair.

Tamrin

unapologetic
The Jamaican one Sam's has it but the haitian one they don't sell online and only the haitian vendors have it. Its hard to find. All this darn Castor oil talk just made me saturate my ends with it and wrap my hair. LOL:lachen: