Internal vs External- Which growth method gave you the best results

Internal or External

• Total voters

gymfreak336

I was just wondering for those you have tried internal growth aids like vitamins vs external oils, cremes, serums... Which method gave you the most growth

SparklingFlame

I used Biotin and it worked great but...... it broke my face out something fierce! I already have bad skin so I had to stick with BT alone.

sowhut

Definitely internal for me. I loved viviscal (cant afford it right now tho) IM currently taken msm and biotin and they definitely give me a tad more growth than usual just a tad though.

cutiebe2

I would say that external (MTG, MN) gave me the growth but its the internal stuff (MSM, Biotin, Flaxseed oil), that gave me healthy new growth

SignatureBeauty

I am going to say Internal because when I eat decent and get the right vitamins & exercise there is no stopping my hair growth.

But external growth aids help too, but 98% of mine is internal. I guess the other 2% is a good hair care regime.

MzOptimistic

I have to say internal because when I was using MTG it did nothing for me and I applied it practically everyday:)

Empress Yahudah

I didnt vote cuz i think both are essential together... I noticed taking them internally made my hair healthy and fuller moderate growth..and externally gives it a boost

Divine Inspiration

Definitely internal. I agree with NappyParadise...when my insides are healthy, my hair grows really well...good rate, very soft & manageable.

I took biotin years ago, and my hair SHOT out of my head. The growth was AMAZING. However, it came with a LOAD of skin problems, and I wasn't interested in the trade off since I was already happy with my length.

These days, I take a multivitamin, MSM, and beta carotene for general health. I assume they are improving the condition of my hair. I never measure so I don't know whether it's growing faster or not...I haven't straightened my hair since October to really be able to tell.

Ayeshia

defnitely internal, but I still forget to take my vits sometime. I am never consitstent with topical agents.

SvelteVelvet

Great question!! I can't vote, because I have no idea which is better. I just started using both at around the same time this year. I did gain mucho length once when my diet was full of protein and water intake and not using anything else though.

Question for Biotin users, past and present. How long before you saw results? I have the high potency 5000mcg a pill bottle, I just transitioned from 1000mcg of Biotin in an HSN combo. Thanks!

AwesomelyNappy

Both for me!!! I take all my vits and i use the MSM/WGO for growth. When i took either alone, i had great process, but together the progress is phenomenon.

Still, internally is better i think. It gives the body a great balance of the Vits and Minerals that we need anyway, and since taking it, my skin has been more supple and smooth, and i just feel an all over sense of wellness. Also, its not messy and easier to do than topical growth treatments.

kbragg

I voted external but I dunno:lol: BT no question has given me measurable results that I can see, but I also cowash daily, exercise 60 minutes a day and eat very clean which I think is improving the condition of my hair, however I had mega growth with BT before my lifestyle change. So I guess who my answer is knows it's after midnight and I can't be pondering stuff this late at night:lachen:

kbragg

awesomely_nappy said:
Both for me!!! I take all my vits and i use the MSM/WGO for growth. When i took either alone, i had great process, but together the progress is phenomenon.

Still, internally is better i think. It gives the body a great balance of the Vits and Minerals that we need anyway, and since taking it, my skin has been more supple and smooth, and i just feel an all over sense of wellness. Also, its not messy and easier to do than topical growth treatments.

ROFL at you avatar!!!:lachen: :lachen: :lachen: :lachen: :lachen:

B_Phlyy

Pineapple Eating Unicorn
Both, but for different reasons. I took biotin and while my hair didn't come in fast, it did come in much thicker.

I used ORS Temple Balm on my edges and it took roughly 2 months to get the hair growing (which is fast for me), but the hair is very thin.

preciousjewel76

I'd say internal is more important, because it benefits your body overall. I use external growth aides (BT) now, as well, for an extra "boost". I really can't tell which works better, but I know that since I started my supplements, my hair grows in softer, stronger, and less coarse.

BrooklynSouth

SvelteVelvet said:
Great question!! I can't vote, because I have no idea which is better. I just started using both at around the same time this year. I did gain mucho length once when my diet was full of protein and water intake and not using anything else though.

Question for Biotin users, past and present. How long before you saw results? I have the high potency 5000mcg a pill bottle, I just transitioned from 1000mcg of Biotin in an HSN combo. Thanks!

Ditto..you didn't include combination in your poll so I could not vote. I do not know which, what, is the factor so COMBO effect is my response.
I'll just take the growth and fly with that. Svelte, a few months and after COLONIX is when I began to notice a change..about 6mg a day.

la flaca

I think both, you need good nutrition to have healthy hair and you have to take care of your hair to keep it growing strong and beautiful.;)

*Happily Me*

well, i've never used a topical solution for faster growth. quite honestly, i don't believe that any of those things work.

but, i say internally. if you have a jacked up diet with poor water intake, your hair and skin will suffer. and no amout of grease, ball sweat or potions will help that.

ok, i'm being smart but take care of the innards and your hair and skin will be fine. :)

HoneyDew

Well, I have seen faster growth with topical products, but I have never been able to use it for long times to see if it really provides sustainable growth.

I stopped using those products and I have been very surprised at my rate of growth with just using vitamins. I take a daily, MSM crystals, vitamin C and an amino acids tablet (lysine). My hair has been growing very well. Not super fast like the times that I used topical products, it has taken some timeto see the benefits of internal supplements. My skin, nails and hair have improved greatly.

Actually just last night, my BF commented that my skin has been looking better and better these days. I know it is the fact that i have been drinking water, eating better and taking my supplements. :)

Isis

I must say internal. :yep:

I really noticed this several years ago when I couldn't figure out why my hair was breaking off and was so dry all the time (this was before my hair care journey). I had a very healthy vegetarian diet, drank lots of water, took flaxseed oil daily and it just didn't make sense.

I finally went to the doctor and learned I was anemic and needed to take iron supplements. That turned it all around for me almost right away and I started paying more attention to the internal effects on my hair in a different light. Later I discovered LHCF and learned about the external factors of hair care. :)

tricie

Originally posted by MissMadaam:
I didnt vote cuz i think both are essential together... I noticed taking them internally made my hair healthy and fuller moderate growth..and externally gives it a boost

Ditto!

La Flaca, you hair is gorgeous! :)

ekomba

definetely internal! even though i heart my topical products and oils i find that vits, protein shakes, almonds, eggs anything rich in sulfur protein that i take inside give me faster growth specially vits!!!:p :D ;)

SvelteVelvet

BrooklynSouth said:
Ditto..you didn't include combination in your poll so I could not vote. I do not know which, what, is the factor so COMBO effect is my response.
I'll just take the growth and fly with that. Svelte, a few months and after COLONIX is when I began to notice a change..about 6mg a day.

Thanks for replying! ;)

Naphy

Internal ! The way you eat can definitely change your growth rate !
Also, when I was taking a lot of supplements, I noticed that my hair was growing faster. Drinking water, eating more protein and taking supplement are essential in my journey.

PuffyBrown

sowhut said:
Definitely internal for me. I loved viviscal (cant afford it right now tho) IM currently taken msm and biotin and they definitely give me a tad more growth than usual just a tad though.

You can get similar results by taking a great vitamin like GNC Nourish Hair, MSM, additional Biotin, Glucosomine w/Chondrontin, and a fruit supplement like acai, or noni.

I mix a superfood drink that has all the containments +. It is very good for you overall. I also take a superfood supplement by NOW, and evening primrose. Much cheaper than the viviscal with better overall benefits because you get more for the money and benefiting overall body health. Oh and don't forget your EFAs

Just my 5 cents worth

Cichelle

Internal. But I don't use topical growth aids, so I really can't compare. I have used MSM and silica in the past. But I think eating well and exercise is very important. I currently exercise regularly, drink plenty of water, eat flax seeds in yogurt, take a multivitamin plus vitamin D and calcium and try to make sure I get enough protein, which is a challenge for me. So, my vote is internal methods with gentle hair care.

favorc

I would have to say internal, plus having a good hair reg.
my vits are flinstone vits, MSM, Futurebiotics hair, skin and nails, and grapeseed. I'm thinking about adding flaxseed oil.

nomoweavesfome

For me it's both. Why?

Because I don't believe the supps are necessarily making my hair grow any faster, however the supps are giving me a much nicer quality grade of hair. my hair is definitely much healthier looking and feeling.

Externally, using the right products along with low manipulation ie: (wigs) helps to maintain the quality while enhancing growth because there is little breakage as a result.

The wigs for me is a winner especially in the summer. It has a greenhouse effect on the scalp and hair.

Wish I can vote but there isn't a slot for both.

lovenharmony

ET / OT Bonafide Member
I voted external, but I know you truly need both to have healthy hair. I know the times before I went on this hair journey, I rarely washed or conditioned my hair, ate junk food (still do) and never covered my hair at night, which aided in breaking off my ends. Now that I have externally started to take care of my hair, the ends have stayed on my head and has grown much longer than I remember since I was young. I use growth aids now and it's been growing like wildfire! Plus it's getting thicker and more healthy because of my awareness of what I was doing to my hair all these years. I hate taking vitamins (too lazy to do so) but I know adding it to my regimine would be beneficial not only for my hair, but my overall health...I'm working on that, but more slowly though _ love those burgers and fries! :lachen: