Miconazole Nitrate

HoneyDew

sareca said:
I thought of something else. I used to take a supplement that is marketed in the US as an appetite suppressant. It's sold in other countries as a libido booster. Needless to say I had to stop taking it. :eyebrows2 :lachen:

That happened to me, too. But I did not stop taking it. :D

Isis

Thank you HoneyDew for providing this info with updates for us. I'm just now getting to this thread! I'm glad it's working for you and some of the other ladies here. I want to study more about this. :fan:

Candy C - If I try this product, I may do a "patch test" (not in the area Mahalialee suggested though - that post is cute :lol: ) like on my nape area while researching these interesting findings.

Candy_C

Isis said:
Thank you HoneyDew for providing this info with updates for us. I'm just now getting to this thread! I'm glad it's working for you and some of the other ladies here. I want to study more about this. :fan:

Candy C - If I try this product, I may do a "patch test" (not in the area Mahalialee suggested though - that post is cute :lol: ) like on my nape area while researching these interesting findings.

HAHA, it wouldn't be a bad idea tho...seen as...actually forget it lol, yeh ur right, i have some arm hair i'll just put it on my arm or on my leg or sumthin.

i'm also very interested

bee

I bought the Neosporin AF tonight. Is that the one you're using Honeydew? Anyway, I read the back of the box and it states, "This product is not effective on the scalp or nails."

Candy_C

bee said:
I bought the Neosporin AF tonight. Is that the one you're using Honeydew? Anyway, I read the back of the box and it states, "This product is not effective on the scalp or nails."

hey, i know u asked HoneyDew but i think it means for fungul infection on the nails n scalp :)

Candy_C

arghh my posts have reached the dreaded 3 digit number so i'm not taking the pee here but i gotta change it b4 i go sleep cos its gona really bug me!

Honeydew u've got me on this thing, i'm definately gona look around town tomorrow - check your pm's :)

night night x

HoneyDew

Candy_C said:
http://www.auravita.com/products/aura/JOJO10001.asp

if ound this alternative in england...but...how do i know that these ingredients wont make my hair drop out! i'm very worried bout these things..

That cream looks like the same kind of product.

I was worried about the other ingredients, as well. I was afraid that they would be bad for my hair. I looked them all up and they were fine, but what really helped me was finding that people were usign it already. There are hair loss forums all over where people are talking about it.

I sorta tested it 1st about 2 months ago because I only used it on a smaller section of my hair that needed some help catching up. I was so surprised by how fast it grew that I started using it all over and tracking the results.

But, I am a BIG skeptic. As fast as my hair is growing, I am not sure I would want to keep it going this fast for long long periods of time. It just seems like a going a little too much against nature. :look:

But, this growth is SO SO addictive!!! :D

scorpian

Sade7 said:
Well I made my own hair cream based on a little research that I did. I used an antifungal, a steroid, and cayenne pepper cream. I mixed equal parts of all 3 ingredients and have been using this combination for almost a year now.

What I have noticed: My hair absolutely has to be relaxed every 3 weeks as opposed to the 5-6 weeks that I used to be able to get away with. At 3 weeks, my new growth is off the chain, I cannot comb my hair wet or dry. I have gone from hovering above bra strap (stayed this length forever) to well below bra strap, got a "cut" to get rid of split ends which put be back above bra strap around Nov/Dec 05 (see avatar pic), and now I'm back below bra strap.

Honey Dews hair has grown using the cream so I am going to try this for growth
I like mixing things (sometimes they work sometimes they don't) so I'll start by trying my version of Sade's mix.
I have liz and daughters pure vitamin growth cream 2 oz jar $1.99 ingredients: Super vit A,B,C,and E proteins of plants,texturizer of fine silicone,olive oil,refined emolliant oils and hormones (this will be my steroid base)it is light and odorless doesn't weigh down hair or ruin style

I will use Miconazole Nitrate Cream USP from CVS pharmacy (behind pharmacy counter )a little over $3.00 ingredients: benzoic acid USP,butylated hydroxyanisole NF,mineral oil USP,peglicol 5 oleate,pegoxl 7
stearate,purified water USP(this will be my antifungal)it is also light and odorless doesn't weigh down hair or ruin style I'll add 1/4 tube to my jar of Liz and daughters

I will add a small spoonful of the cayenne pepper to this mix

I will apply it to my scalp daily

ekomba

HoneyDew said:
I have been afraid to share my progress because of how many haters are out there, but I decided to for those that are open minded.

I mean there are ladies all over the world walking around smelling of cade oil and sulfur MTG juices, but they never get any hate.

I just can't use that stuff.

I even tried mixing my own Sulfur powder and oil, but it left too much build up for the styles I like to wear. I don't like oily weighed down hair.

So, because I was skeptical too, I decided to try Miconazole Nitrate. I just can't bring myself to use Monistat, so I opted for Neosporin AF. I like the texture of it actually and it never gets in my hair.

I read all the buzz here about Miconazole Nitrate, but I got really hyped up after a neighbor of mine grew her hair pretty fast after getting it cut. I commented on how fast it grew and she said that she uses Elta creams on her scalp for a boost. Specifically Elta Trivase and Elta Tar Lite, she told me. I am going to try the Elta Trivase, I think. I ordered some from Ebay.

Anyway, I have been using Neosporin AF almos everyday for 2 weeks. Check my album for a picture. I will continue to track it for another month or so to see if the growth rate continues. I am still a bit skeptical. :ohwell:

hum very interesting Honeydew thanks for posting this its my first time reading the thread i m look into those . i dont even know what is neosporin i m gonna check everything out as its my first time hearing of them products!:p but its funny to notice that all antifungal products be it mtg or whatever make your hair grow hum i wonder the correlation. Anything i used that was anti-fungal made my hair grow, as well as anything anti-dandruff hum i need to really look into that

Last edited:

HoneyDew

ekomba said:
but its funny to notice that all antifungal products be it mtg or whatever make your hair grow hum i wonder the correlation. Anything i used that was anti-fungal made my hair grow, as well as anything anti-dandruff hum i need to really look into that

I know, that is what interests me, as well!

MTG, Nizarol, Sulfur -8, Glovers, etc, all help people get good growth and also help with dandruff and skin conditions.

I read on one site that people with dandruff problems were afraid of products that contain selenium sulfide and Prithione Zinc, because over time they apparently thin out hair (I am not sure how true that is). So people started using anti-fungals and the studies show they help with hair growth/loss.

It is all very interesting!

HoneyDew

scorpian said:
I will add a small spoonful of the cayenne pepper to this mix

Do you think that will give it less tingle than adding cayenne pepper oil?

I saw that some use that as a massage oil to add circulation, but I am afraid of it stimulation a little too much for me.

Anyway, once before I joined the board, I was in braids and used a hair tonic from DHC ($$$)that contains capsicum frutescens fruit extract. That is cayenne pepper right?

Anyway, It made my hair grow faster because my braids had to be redone muchsooner. I stopped using that because it contains alcohol, but my hair grew a lot with the capsicum extract.

aqualung

I'm gonna try it.

I added a 0.5 oz tube of Neosporin AF (2% miconazol nitrate) to my Surge (new formula).

Monistat kits are expensive and I couldn't find single tubes for sale.

scorpian

HoneyDew said:
Do you think that will give it less tingle than adding cayenne pepper oil?

I saw that some use that as a massage oil to add circulation, but I am afraid of it stimulation a little too much for me.

Anyway, once before I joined the board, I was in braids and used a hair tonic from DHC ($$$)that contains capsicum frutescens fruit extract. That is cayenne pepper right?

Anyway, It made my hair grow faster because my braids had to be redone muchsooner. I stopped using that because it contains alcohol, but my hair grew a lot with the capsicum extract.

I believe it is the same thing.I think Gueyes growth oil uses Capsicum and I think that's cayenne pepper but I am not sure maybe Ekomba has the ingredients on her bottle of gueyes I have a cayenne pepper olive oil mix that I have used once on my scalp as a prepoo but mine did not burn at all so i don't think my scalp was overstimulated
when I rinsed it out it was tingling a little but that felt nice

HoneyDew

aqualung said:
Monistat kits are expensive and I couldn't find single tubes for sale.

That is one of the main reasons why I looked for other options.

Monistat contains double to amount of Miconazole Nitrate, too.

Baby steps for me.

ekomba

scorpian said:
I believe it is the same thing.I think Gueyes growth oil uses Capsicum and I think that's cayenne pepper but I am not sure maybe Ekomba has the ingredients on her bottle of gueyes I have a cayenne pepper olive oil mix that I have used once on my scalp as a prepoo but mine did not burn at all so i don't think my scalp was overstimulated
when I rinsed it out it was tingling a little but that felt nice

Yes Scorpian, capsicum is the same thing as cayenne and Madam CJ Walker used to use a lot of capsicum in her growth potion. The gueye s growth hair oil which was formulated by an herbalist Linda Gueye who grew her own permed hair from shoulders to almost waist in 2 1/2 years using her growth system ,list as ingredients:
cold pressed olive oil,capsicum,rosemary, aloe vera resin,sage,kelp,nettle,alfafa,horsetail,peppermint.

About the oil, Herbalist Linda Gueye states in her "Grow your hair 1 inch in 2-4weeks "booklet:

"With Gueye-Mother Nature's Best Fast grow Hair oil formula l31, it is possible to see hair growth within a few days of use. Many receding and balding men and women are seeing remarkable results from this product. Formula L31 is excellent for scalp irritation,dandruff and other scalp problems. It actually assist in healing the scalp of many problems"like i said before i really think that antifungal or anti dandruff and all contains ingredients that grow hair . i remember my glovers 2% oitment cream (which is stronger than the regular liquid one) had benzoic something the same ingredient Honeydew listed on the Neosporin AF hum that s what made me think...:cool: and all the herbalists be it Gueye or Madam cj walker 's sister or mentor that helped her, all use sulfur and capsicum among other herbs and ingredients

scorpian

ekomba said:
Yes Scorpian, capsicum is the same thing as cayenne and Madam CJ Walker used to use a lot of capsicum in her growth potion. The gueye s growth hair oil which was formulated by an herbalist Linda Gueye who grew her own permed hair from shoulders to almost waist in 2 1/2 years using her growth system ,list as ingredients:
cold pressed olive oil,capsicum,rosemary, aloe vera resin,sage,kelp,nettle,alfafa,horsetail,peppermint.

About the oil, Herbalist Linda Gueye states in her "Grow your hair 1 inch in 2-4weeks "booklet:

"With Gueye-Mother Nature's Best Fast grow Hair oil formula l31, it is possible to see hair growth within a few days of use. Many receding and balding men and women are seeing remarkable results from this product. Formula L31 is excellent for scalp irritation,dandruff and other scalp problems. It actually assist in healing the scalp of many problems"

like i said before i really think that antifungal or anti dandruff and all contains ingredients that grow hair . i remember my glovers 2% oitment cream (which is stronger than the regular liquid one) had benzoic something the same ingredient Honeydew listed on the Neosporin AF hum that s what made me think...:cool: and all the herbalists be it Gueye or Madam cj walker 's sister or mentor that helped her, all use sulfur and capsicum among other herbs and ingredients

thanks Ekomba!!

Candy_C

i think these anti fungal things work cos they're keepin the pores in our scalp free of any dirt of germs/parasites (that we have over our body anyway). i think we may be onto something here, i have a feeling. these mixes people are making sound cool too.

aqualung

HoneyDew said:
Right, I think the monistat 1 or 3 day kit had 4% miconazole nitrate.
I'll look at online drug stores for tubes instead of kits.
I'm just going to have to FORCE MYSELF to surge and comb those roots every night.
*hassle*

*Frisky*

HoneyDew said:
That is one of the main reasons why I looked for other options.

Baby steps for me.

Did you ever use the Monistat or just the Neosporin?

aqualung

I can't find the old monistat thread.
Does anybody know if it's around anymore?
I did an advanced search on all forums for the term "monistat."

HoneyDew

marie170 said:
Did you ever use the Monistat or just the Neosporin?

No, I have just used several kinds of Miconazole Nitrate 2% creams.

The person that originally reported someone using Miconazole Nitrate mentioned the use of Monistat, though.

aqualung said:
I can't find the old monistat thread.
Does anybody know if it's around anymore?
I did an advanced search on all forums for the term "monistat."

I think the one from last year was deleted at some point because people were being stupid.

I think the title was something like "Monistat for faster hair growth?" or something like that. The person reported that someone she knew tried it and got 2 inches in 1 month or something like that. People started being very ignorant with their comments.

I don't think I am averaging 2 inches in a month but, if she was using monistat with the 4 % Miconazole Nitrate, I am not surprised that it might be true.

Last edited:

sareca

Candy_C said:
i think these anti fungal things work cos they're keepin the pores in our scalp free of any dirt of germs/parasites (that we have over our body anyway). i think we may be onto something here, i have a feeling. these mixes people are making sound cool too.

That was my thought exactly. What if we ALL have creepy things living on our scalp and this stuff kills 'em allowing our natural growth rate to show. There's some food for thought...

BTW, Candy your hair is looking lovely.

Nubianrose

those of yall who are using the Neosporin or whichever else, how many times are you applying it per week/day etc...? thanks

Sade7

I have been using my own special formula for some time now and I can not keep my hair relaxed. I usually "stretch" to 3 weeks before I touch up but even then, the new growth is so thick that I usually stop being able to comb my hair after week 2. Another thing, my hair is so lush and thick. It not only has gotten longer, it has gotten THICKER!!! I thought I was just crazy until I started examining my shed. When I take the shed strands and lay them flat, about 2-3 inches from the end are normal diameter and towards the root is reallllly thick (course), almost wirery. I really don't know which product in my concoction is responsible but whatever it is..... it's working.

By the way: I use cayenne pepper cream, cortizone cream, and antifungal cream. All CREAMS not the ointments. All are mixed in equal parts.

Cayenne pepper cream = capsaicin HP
http://www.walgreens.com/search/sea...n=A&_DARGS=/common/navigation/header_fg.jsp.1
This product DOES burn, so be careful and be conservative at first.

Candy_C

sareca said:
That was my thought exactly. What if we ALL have creepy things living on our scalp and this stuff kills 'em allowing our natural growth rate to show. There's some food for thought...

BTW, Candy your hair is looking lovely.

Thankyou! You hair progress pics is great, you maintained the growth very well!

i guess thats why our scalps get "dirty" as such, i wish i could see those lol things..but then i reallllly would NOT. if this stuff doesn't take out my hair i will seriously use it as i haven't used anything on my scalp for nearly a year (i mean properly, only when i get retouch). I guess it would help with my annoying scalp outburts too.

*Frisky*

Candy_C said:
Thankyou! You hair progress pics is great, you maintained the growth very well!

i guess thats why our scalps get "dirty" as such, i wish i could see those lol things..but then i reallllly would NOT. if this stuff doesn't take out my hair i will seriously use it as i haven't used anything on my scalp for nearly a year (i mean properly, only when i get retouch). I guess it would help with my annoying scalp outburts too.

I have been meaning to compliment you on your hair as well Candy C..it is gorgeous. It seems like it is growing at a really good rate.

My problem with putting things on my scalp is knowing if I am distributing it evenly all over which is probably one reason I wasn't consistent with the MTG.....