For 4a/b naturals seeking curl definition

babyblue

For those who are interested,

I know some people recommend Black and Sassy creamy set to help with curl definition. I tried it a month ago by itself and all i got was crispy frizzy hair. i was so ready to trash it but i held on to it hoping it would have some future use. Well today i finally got the nerve to give it a second chance. this time i experimented by creating a 50/50 mixture of creamy set together with Allways natural leave in oil moisturizer mixing it together in my hands and applying it by smoothing and fingercombing it in to wet hair. Much to my surprise after about a half hour i got soft defined curls with no frizz or excessive shrinkage which shocked me cause i thought it wouldnt work. So im attributing this to-
1. mixing the creamy set with a creamy leave in conditioner together and applying the mix to soaking wet hair rather than layering each product separately which just gave me stiff frizzy coils in the past. by doing this i guess the conditioner cuts down on some of the stiffness the creamy set causes and also softens the curl pattern while still giving hold to the hair.

This i find is a cheaper alternative to more expensive curl defining products like BBD Glass(which i wanted so badly but i dont think i need anymore
) because in my recipe each product i used costs like 2.99 each and if you mix both containers together you get a whole lot of product. Next time i'll experiment mixing the creamy set with my hollywood beauty olive oil cream and see if i get the same results
Just thought i'd share.

phynestone

Is the Black and Sassy set the stuff with a conditioning cap that comes with it. It supposedly conditions your hair during the night?

babyblue

19 sweetie,

i havent seen it come with any conditioning cap. it comes in a white jar about 16 oz. the stuff is the same consistency as pudding and it smells like bananas. unfortunately im having trouble finding a picture now.

SVT

Has anyone tried Bouncy Creme? I have an old jar of the stuff. It defines well but the smell is overwhelmimg and it builds up easily.

angellazette

I know I'm a little late but how does this compare to Carol's Daughter Healthy Hair Butter for curl definition?

Trinette

i used fantasia pomade with sparklelites (sp?) and some oil half and half and got some coils going, but its not as soft as I'd like. It looked whitish at first and then when dried gave me some sheen.

HTH