Solaray Bamboo (or other brand name) Challenge!

Nice & Wavy

Ok ladies...lets start a challenge. We will end the challenge on December 31st, that way we will give it a good two months to see any growth. Continue with your other supplements if you like. I will minimize my other supplements just to give the bamboo the headway for the growth.

Do not measure your hair growth until the end of the challenge.

Well...who would like to join this challenge?
Start by putting your name below:

Nice & Wavy (of course I'll start)

Nice & Wavy

den1 said:
Thanks for starting this challenge, you know den1 is in. Can we take pics of our newgrowth?
Yes, take pics of your new growth, but how about we don't show them until the end of the challenge. I think then we can really see the maximum growth. Of course lets do a before and after.

Nice & Wavy

Nice & Wavy said:
Ok ladies...lets start a challenge. We will end the challenge on December 31st, that way we will give it a good two months to see any growth. Continue with your other supplements if you like. I will minimize my other supplements just to give the bamboo the headway for the growth.

Do not measure your hair growth until the end of the challenge.

Well...who would like to join this challenge?
Start by putting your name below:

Nice & Wavy (of course I'll start)

Nice & Wavy
Den1

Nanyanika

Nice & Wavy said:
Yes, take pics of your new growth, but how about we don't show them until the end of the challenge. I think then we can really see the maximum growth. Of course lets do a before and after.
What a great idea!! I'll keep the newgrowth album on lock until December 31st. I'll try to take some before shots too. I 'm currently taking flaxseed oil 10,000mg a day, I have msm but i will limit this to a couple of times a week, so i can judge the effects of bamboo silica.

Sharpened

A fleck on His Sword
I am in...I need two inches before my end-of-the-year haircut. I just started yesterday and I take them at night with my calcium to help me sleep.

Nice & Wavy

den1 said:
What a great idea!! I'll keep the newgrowth album on lock until December 31st. I'll try to take some before shots too. I 'm currently taking flaxseed oil 10,000mg a day, I have msm but i will limit this to a couple of times a week, so i can judge the effects of bamboo silica.

Sounds great to me. Now, I'm off to go get my bamboo...yayyyyyyyyy!!!

EMJazzy

Happily retired
I'm going to see if I can find some Bamboo gel caps (locally) then I'll join this challenge! GL ladies! :p

Nanyanika

I can't believe it, i just checked my vitamin stash to only to discover that i've completely run out of Bamboo silica, I've just placed an order on www.nutricentre.com for 3 bottles. The only silica i have left is kordels horsetail silica, i'll have to use it in the meantime until i receive my order. I hope they hurry quick

Cichelle

I am. But I have to find the stuff first. I really don't want to order online if I don't have to. If I find it soon, I'll start right away.

Nice & Wavy

Cichelle said:
I am. But I have to find the stuff first. I really don't want to order online if I don't have to. If I find it soon, I'll start right away.

Oh, Cichelle that's great. You can go to the Vitaminshoppe and ask them to order it for you. They will call u when they get it in. Hopefully u get it soon.

Cichelle

Nice & Wavy said:
Oh, Cichelle that's great. You can go to the Vitaminshoppe and ask them to order it for you. They will call u when they get it in. Hopefully u get it soon.

Ahh! Perfect! Thanks for telling me that.

So, I'm definitely in as soon as it arrives.

kimmy132

I want in too but I want to search for a liquid form or I think someone mentioned something about gelcaps so I will look into that. I had bought Biosil from Whole Foods but I forget to take that stuff...Well I've forgotten to take all my vits for the past month...just tired I guess. But I'm ready to start anew :)

kimmy132

angellazette said:
I found a liquid form of silica...I posted about it in my journal, it's towards the bottom. It comes in 7 fl. oz and 17 fl. oz.

Nature's Way Silica

I believe I saw this in Whole Foods but I was so dead set on getting the Biosil I did't even bother to do a comparison. The Nature's Way says it has 420mg per serving and I think the Biosil is like one mg per drop...still I wonder which one does actually absorb better...guess you'll never really know.:ohwell:

Nice & Wavy

Well, Natures way has 420mg per teaspoon, and Solaray caps are 2 caps a day which is somewhat equivalent to the teaspoon, so it sounds ok to take and it seems like a good amount of Silica.

I say....Go For It!!!

Nice & Wavy

kimmy132 said:
I want in too but I want to search for a liquid form or I think someone mentioned something about gelcaps so I will look into that. I had bought Biosil from Whole Foods but I forget to take that stuff...Well I've forgotten to take all my vits for the past month...just tired I guess. But I'm ready to start anew :)

Glad you are going to start the challenge....by the way, you are very pretty.

MzOptimistic

Nice & Wavy said:
Great...I'm glad you are joining. :p

Yah I just ordered two bottles...that will last for the two month challenge...I need 1 1/2 inchs...oh shoot I want 2 by December...hope to get more though...cuz that's what I get now:)

Nice & Wavy

tsmith said:
Yah I just ordered two bottles...that will last for the two month challenge...I need 1 1/2 inchs...oh shoot I want 2 by December...hope to get more though...cuz that's what I get now:)

I hope you do too....shoot, I hope I get that too!!! :grin:

missnurselady

count me in!! I ordered mines from uncle harrys and the bottle says take 3 to six caps a day!!! im only taking 3 and I take them at night,they leave a nasty taste in my mouth.

Tee

pinayprincess said:
If I take any more supps I wont have room for meals!

:lachen: :lachen: :lachen:

I went to buy mine to join in but they didnt have any at Vitamin Shoppe or our Health food store. So I have to wait a few weeks for them to get some in for me. Funny the ladies at both stores thught I was crazy. Bamboo?????? I made them look it up on their website. Then the dude as V.S. said, I guess it work. The Panda's seem happy. How cheesy was that! :lol: