Need Moisturizing Conditioner without Protein

Blessedhairgro

Hello Ladies!!
I need to find a moisturizing conditioner that is just moisturizing and not protein. I am dealing with stringy newly relaxed hair. I don't know what is going on, I believe I need to lather once and not twice when I shampoo since I wash my hair twice a week, I suspect that is causing my dryness and hardness after rinsing out poo and conditioner. the only thing that saves me is using my Giovanni direct leave in and sunsilk hydra tlc leave in, those detangle and make my hair soft again. Please give me your recommendations cause I need help :).

Thanks in advance!

thesweetone

My moisturizing conditioners are Aubrey's Organics White Camelia or Honeysucle Rose. Both are great for moisturizing (add some honey to the Honeysucle Rose for extra slip) and do not contain any protein.

HTH!

gloomgeisha

LOL! Why did I read "with protein"?

I like Aussie 3 Minute Miracle Deep Conditioner and Pantene Pro-V Intensive Curl Hydrating Mask, I don't know for sure if the latter is protein free though.

Last edited:

Radianthealth

A really good, easy to find, and cheap conditioner is VO5 strawberries and cream. It is very moisturizing. You can add olive oil to make it even better :)

empressaja

I was having a serious problem with tangling and dryness from too much henna and too much protein. I used IOn Moisture Solutions Moisterizing Treatment ,worked a miracle. I applied and put a platic cap on and i could feel the diference in the tangling as soon as I began to rinse. I also have the Moisture treatment that you put in the microwave and then use. ION products seem to really work for me. You should try them they have sample packs that you can get at Sally's for a little over a dollar each.

KeraCare Humecto, Mizani Moisturfuse, and Nexxus Humectress are my staple moisturizing conditioners. If I had to pick one, though, it would be the Humecto all the way.

Proudpiscean

I like Elasta QP DPR-11! It's very thick, rich & moisturizing! It's really good mixed with EVOO! :)

Last edited:

Blessedhairgro

Thanks ladies, these all sound yummie! You are all the greatest! Don't know what I'd do without my LHCF Sistas:)!

I would love to try mizani and keracare humecto but the price is :eek: (LOL). Keep em comin ladies! need more suggestions!

Faith

thesweetone said:
My moisturizing conditioners are Aubrey's Organics White Camelia or Honeysucle Rose. Both are great for moisturizing (add some honey to the Honeysucle Rose for extra slip) and do not contain any protein.

HTH!
I concur :)

gymfreak336

birdie said:
I was having a serious problem with tangling and dryness from too much henna and too much protein. I used IOn Moisture Solutions Moisterizing Treatment ,worked a miracle. I applied and put a platic cap on and i could feel the diference in the tangling as soon as I began to rinse. I also have the Moisture treatment that you put in the microwave and then use. ION products seem to really work for me. You should try them they have sample packs that you can get at Sally's for a little over a dollar each.

I'm glad you posted your review of this. I was thinking about exchanging a sample pack of aome loreal stuff for this one today. Thanks again