I found seamless COMBS, truly seamless!!!

I was at the mall tonite and i went into a Beauty supply store called Essentials Plus for a new comb or brush and I have looked for seamless and had not been able to find it,, and tonite I found handmade Italian combs,, pricey at 9.99 a piece but they are totally seamless and smooth ands designed to not damage the hair and cause split ends:), heres the website. this is the page with the combs and it seems they make a whole lot more stuff too! http://creativetool.com/catalog_combs.cfm

shunta

I dont think Ive ever heard of a seamless comb until I came to LHCF. So its supposed to help with spit ends you say? Does Sallys have them?

me neither, till i read hair boards lol,, well the thing is with a regular comb, in between each prong ( or whatever you wanna call it LOL) is a seam and as the comb goes thru your hair its scratches the cuticle and can probably degrade it, i got this info from Saren Shelton on Hairboutique.com,, seems to make sense,, This product is not sold at sallys and i tested sallys combs for seamlessness lol and i couldnt find any,, ive been on the hunt for this even tho im not a big comber

shunta

Ravenhairbellydancer said:
me neither, till i read hair boards lol,, well the thing is with a regular comb, in between each prong ( or whatever you wanna call it LOL) is a seam and as the comb goes thru your hair its scratches the cuticle and can probably degrade it, i got this info from Saren Shelton on Hairboutique.com,, seems to make sense,, This product is not sold at sallys and i tested sallys combs for seamlessness lol and i couldnt find any,, ive been on the hunt for this even tho im not a big comber
Hmm...I see. Very interesting. In that case, Ill be looking for a seamless comb tomorrow!:lol: Thanks, honey

OH, buttafly, i didnt even realize u were so nearby,, i live in queens and you're in the Bk,definitely close enough to go to QCM and any trip to QCM is a hell of a good excuse to shop,,, have u seen all the new stores theyve added?! EVERYTHING is in that mall!!! BTW the store is kind of out of the way,, its all the way down near JC Penney near the escalator( or u can just ask someone for the store that sells hair and beauty supplies):)

buttaflye03

Ravenhairbellydancer said:
OH, buttafly, i didnt even realize u were so nearby,, i live in queens and you're in the Bk,definitely close enough to go to QCM and any trip to QCM is a hell of a good excuse to shop,,, have u seen all the new stores theyve added?! EVERYTHING is in that mall!!! BTW the store is kind of out of the way,, its all the way down near JC Penney near the escalator( or u can just ask someone for the store that sells hair and beauty supplies):)

Yeah they did a great renovation even though I haven't been over there in a minute. Now I have a reason to get back over there. It's beautiful and big, almost like Roosevelt Field! LOL. But don't worry I'll find it.:p

~*~ShopAholic~*~

I purchased my seamless combs at Sally's there made by Krest.
shunta said:
I dont think Ive ever heard of a seamless comb until I came to LHCF. So its supposed to help with spit ends you say? Does Sallys have them?

HoneyDew

These are just like my favorite combs. I use the Euro Collection wet comb by Swissco.
These are so good I ordered 5 of them!!!!

The Hand Made Tortoise combs they have look EXACTLY like the ones you mentioned and they are truely seamless.

They are not as expensive and can be found at Beautyfirst, or ordered from drugstore.com (the wet comb is $4 at beauty first but only $2.99 at drugstore.com).

I like having this one in my purse:

It is the 5.75" Tortoise Wet Comb Wide Tooth.

Cichelle

I have been using a Creative comb for a while now. I won't use anything but a seamless comb. If I don't have one, I just finger comb.

Surprisingly, Conair makes a couple of seamless combs. They sell them at Target (and possibly Walgreens) if you are lucky enough to find them. I have one that I use when I travel. I paid six or seven dollars for it.

Not all Conair combs are seamless. You will know this one, though, because it says "hand cut acrylic" on the packaging and I believe it is called a Volume Comb but I can't quite remember. It is a tortoise shell, wide tooth detangling comb with teeth that have squared off ends. It is kind of short, however, and some people may prefer the teeth more widely spaced. They also make a finer tooth, hand cut acrylic comb.

I prefer tapered edge/sharper teeth, which is basically the only reason I use the Creative at home and travel with the Conair.

AVNchick

OH WOW, I HAD NEVER EVEN HEARD OF A SEAMLESS COMB. THANKS FOR THE INFO. I'M GONNA HAVE TO ORDER A COUPLE AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.

HoneyDew

reunitej21 said:
OH WOW, I HAD NEVER EVEN HEARD OF A SEAMLESS COMB. THANKS FOR THE INFO. I'M GONNA HAVE TO ORDER A COUPLE AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.

I had not heard of them either. At least I did not know they were called that. I think I liked the so-called seamless ones because they just GLIDE through my hair w/o any snagging or breakage. That Swissco Wet comb is so good like that. It feels so good that I have to force myself to NOT comb my hair so much with it. :)

Cichelle

Yes, seamless combs really make a difference for me. I can't stand the sound of my hair snagging. With a seamless comb, I don't have that problem. Though I still detangle slowly and carefully.

HoneyDew, I like the look of that first Swissco comb you have pictured there. I might need to get that. :)

HoneyDew

Cichelle said:
Yes, seamless combs really make a difference for me. I can't stand the sound of my hair snagging. With a seamless comb, I don't have that problem. Though I still detangle slowly and carefully.

HoneyDew, I like the look of that first Swissco comb you have pictured there. I might need to get that. :)

Girl, it is good! Beautyfirst just had one in stock and I fell in love! Then I ordered 4 more from drugstore.com! Just in case, you know?!:)

HoneyDew said:
These are just like my favorite combs. I use the Euro Collection wet comb by Swissco.

Oh my, these do look like what i bought!,, they are great, they really glide thru the hair beautifully, the difference between seamless and combs with a seam is definitely noticeable

krissyprissy

shunta said:

I found a seamless comb at Sally's. It's the one with big teeth on one end and small teeth on the other end. It's made by Compare Brand.

Incredible1ne

reunitej21 said:

Me either. This board has me spending all kinds of money :lol:

Blkbeautyhair

Cichelle said:
Not all Conair combs are seamless. You will know this one, though, because it says "hand cut acrylic" on the packaging and I believe it is called a Volume Comb but I can't quite remember. It is a tortoise shell, wide tooth detangling comb with teeth that have squared off ends. It is kind of short, however, and some people may prefer the teeth more widely spaced. They also make a finer tooth, hand cut acrylic comb.

I'm on the PJ challenge but this was on my list to buy before I officially begin. I was in Target today and bought the Conair one you mentioned. You're right it's called the Volume Comb. And I also bought the rattail version for smoothing my hair for my roller sets. I was looking through my combs and realized that I already had a seamless in the mix but I just didn't know it. This one is a wide tooth comb by Goody the only thing is that it's more rubbery. I was using it to detangle. I'm definitely getting rid of the other combs now.

kbragg

What about the Conair shower comb? Is that Seamless? That's the one me and the girls have been using...

MileHighDiva

A+ Hair Care Queen

The Hand Made Tortoise combs they have look EXACTLY like the ones you mentioned and they are truely seamless.

They are not as expensive and can be found at Beautyfirst, or ordered from drugstore.com (the wet comb is $4 at beauty first but only $2.99 at drugstore.com).

I like having this one in my purse:

It is the 5.75" Tortoise Wet Comb Wide Tooth.
I came across these Swissco seamless combs at TJ Maxx on Saturday. They're $2.99 apiece.

The tines on the hand comb match the spacing of the small end of the HS Lady Star.

Attachments

• 20161205_121403.jpg
    20161205_121403.jpg
    974.1 KB · Views: 30
  • 20161205_121341.jpg
    20161205_121341.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 34