Ladies that had dryness and breakage that purchased a steamer.....

Ms. Feliz

Is anyone that have a steamer relaxed? I want a steamer but I don't know if it will have that much of a benefit for me like it does to those who are natural.

*Frisky*

oohhh thanks to whoever bumped this up...I need to get my butt in gear and be more consistent with this. I did not buy a steamer but I have been doing the turbie thing and I like the results.

Bella_Atl

Tafa01

no not really. i think i'm the only one who isn't raving about it.
it seems really nice while i'm under the steamer, but once i rinse, it's about the same as a co-wash. not worth the money i spent, time under it, or space it's taking up.
i keep using it though cause i really want it to work to penetrate the moisture, plus i shouldn't have spent that 200-somethin when i did.

eta: i tried the towel thing before, and results were the same. so i got a steamer thinking a real machine would improve things.

my steamer hasn't made any difference to my hair either. My cheap conditioning cap works best for me.

It~Can~Grow

Is anyone that have a steamer relaxed? I want a steamer but I don't know if it will have that much of a benefit for me like it does to those who are natural.

I'm relaxed, Ms. Fleiz, and unless another relaxed head reports in...i'll report back in 3 weeks. Enough time to receive steamer and use at least 3 times.

I DC twice a week but plan to only steam once a week.

Any other crack/steam users with reviews?

Vintageglam

What color is it? :sekret:
That's interesting insight about the type of conditioner, though. I don't have a steamer, and not sure I can spare the room in my little apartment. But I sure am curious...
I deep con w/my soft bonnet dryer with great results, though. Lately I've been spritzing my hair with water after letting my conditioner soak in, before I turn on the heat, with the hopes that it will increase the steam.

It was a clear liquidy gel - anyone who can shed light on this please let me know. I NEED TO KNOW WHAT THAT STUFF IS BC ITS THE BUSINESS WHEN IT COMES TO HAIR. That woman is retiring soon and she doesn't want to give up the :sekret: :lachen::lachen::lachen:

taz007

I'm relaxed and I steam. Although I haven't steamed in a few weeks and I can tell a difference.

Getting a steamer is one of my best investments!

I am going to steam in some Joico and Cera-Repair this weekend. It is so relaxing too!

It~Can~Grow

I'm relaxed and I steam. Although I haven't steamed in a few weeks and I can tell a difference.

Getting a steamer is one of my best investments!

I am going to steam in some Joico and Cera-Repair this weekend. It is so relaxing too!

Taz007, Hate to semi hijack the thread, but where do you find your Cera-Repair? All of my Beauty-Express (trade secret) in my area stopped carrying the Cera Repair Hydratherapie (5 in a box) viles.

Thanks

BostonMaria

I've had my steamer for 3 days and I'm in shock at how awesome my hair feels. It stopped shedding and I'm sorry to sound conceited but my hair looks hot LOL

taz007

Taz007, Hate to semi hijack the thread, but where do you find your Cera-Repair? All of my Beauty-Express (trade secret) in my area stopped carrying the Cera Repair Hydratherapie (5 in a box) viles.

Thanks

I buy my Cera-Repair from Amazon.

It~Can~Grow

WOW. Talk about fast shipping and Saturday delivery!!! Ok ladies you can tell I'm excited because I tore open this box and set up in 2 secs :lachen:

anyway, can someone tell me how this black bar/brace is used?

Seems as if the steamer is a lil top heavy and wants to tip over...is this a stabilizing bar of some sort?

Thanks for your help :grin:

Thanks to all the positive reviews on this steamer, (short of space requirements) I took the plung and ordered last night on ebay. $114 and free shipping.

I'm going to try my first 6 month stretch, and because my crown gets so dry by week 14, this will definitely come in handy.

Thanks ladies for all your reviews

Attachments

• steam2.jpg
    steam2.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 174
  • steamwhat.jpg
    steamwhat.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 174

NJoy

Here I grow again!
It~Can~Grow. Well??? What do you think of your new steamer. I'm thinking of buying one too.

It~Can~Grow

It~Can~Grow. Well??? What do you think of your new steamer. I'm thinking of buying one too.

I wanted to give it a minute NJoy..."what do I think?" WOW I love it!!(wish we could add music and birds chirping to our posts, cuz that's how much I love it).

Ok, it's only been a lil over a week but this makes 4 times I've steamed and my hair actually does feel silkier.

My purpose for the steamer purchase was to be successful at stretching 6 months and I 'hopefully/honestly' think I have a very good shot at stretching with no breaking and minimal shedding.

I'm currently 8 wks post (which isn't a lot) but when I run my finger over my coils they actually feels longer (which I believe my hair is longer than an inch in most spots) but the real benefit is when I dig into my crown it still feels moisturized and all my strands feel smoother and softer.

So for me it's definitely a win-win. :grin:

I think I will repost with updates every 4 wks in order to provide someone stretching/or contemplating a steamer purchase some progress checks to help along the way.

However, I know it's the steamer that's making my ng and hair feel softer because I havent changed my routine one bit - with the exception of adding steam.

Thanks again to everyone who provided me with feedback that helped in my decision. :yep:

LushLox

It~Can~Grow so what happened with your steamer then, you were wondering about that black bar. Did you manage to sort the problem out or did you get a replacement?

Glad you're enjoying it. :)

It~Can~Grow

It~Can~Grow so what happened with your steamer then, you were wondering about that black bar. Did you manage to sort the problem out or did you get a replacement?

Glad you're enjoying it. :)

Thanks for the follow up CT,

I contacted the seller and she indicated that was a support bar if you wall mounted (however nothing was included to mount on the wall).

She also said I should try tighting the bolt at the base (which another member already suggested) which was the problem.

Thanks again

nichelle02

I've been using a steamer for a couple of years now. But I want to kick myself because I got lazy this winter and didn't use it. Then a couple of days ago, I just couldn't get my hair moisturized no matter what I did. So, today I took out the steamer and sat under it for 45 minutes. INSTANT DIFFERENCE! My hair feels and looks better. And my scalp isn't itchy. Unfortunately, I suffered some breakage in my crown area before I came to my senses and used the steamer.

Lesson learned. I will never skip my steam treatments again.

I bought one of the $129 steamers from ebay. It worked great for about a year, but then one day it developed a leak. The water came pouring out so I tossed it. I replaced it with a steamer from a salon that was going out of business and selling equipment. I paid $200 for it but the original pricing that I looked up was over $1800. While it does a fantastic job, the $129 model performed almost as well for my purposes. It just died after a year.