uestions about Porosity Control

angeleyez09

Questions about Porosity Control

1. So I am planning to try Porosity Control after I DC w/ heat to close the cuticles and lock in the moisture. But I was wondering how long this effect lasts? Like if I moisturize after when my hair is dry, will the moisturizer penetrate?

Last edited:

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I assume You are Using it to "Correct" a Problem with Dryness and the Inability of your Hair in it's Current State to Absorb/Retain Moisture?:look:

Honestly, It took me about a month to get my Severly Damaged, Dry, Brittle, Overly Porous Hair in Shape. I use it weekly after my Deep Conditioning Treatments as a Final Rinse PER THE INSTRUCTIONS regarding the amount of time to leave the product on.:yep:

Although plenty of women have found other creative ways to use the product and it works Fine for them the way the use it.

I people run into problems when they Try to Make This Product "DO" Something OR "BE" Something it was never intended to do/be.:perplexed

Follow the Directions, Give it Time and Your Hair should get increasingly better. Smoother, Softer and More Moisturized.:grin:

MissNadia

Class A Lurker
^ Ditto everything said above. I used it per the directions as a final rinse after deep conditioning and co-washing. I only leave it in about 30 sec - 1 min. It took a couple of washes, but now my hair feels so much better.

iaec06

this was the best thing for my daughter's hair her hair use to feel like straw b4 this step . I use it b4 I put on the dc but after I shampoo or co-wash

angeleyez09

I am talking about the conditioner. And yeah, I am using it for moisture. My hair was already pretty dry but then I used a protein reconstructor. . . and that did not help.

Last edited:

Esq.2B

I barely use my porosity control. I might use it this wash just to see if I feel a difference.

Sassion

I've tried many products(conditioners especially) and measures in hopes of stopping my excessive breakage, shedding, and dry hair & scalp, the following has given the BEST results.... If i shampoo my hair in sections with an applicator bottle for scalp cleansing, rinse in sections, then apply roux porosity control to every section, then apply moisturizing conditioner, put on a steam cap, sit under the dryer for 10-15 minutes, followed by a final rinse with cool water. Afterwards, my hair feels extra soft, zero tangles, and "wet". I usually roller set after a wash and before roux porosity control i would have to use a large spray bottle of water to continuously spray the hair and detangle... Now i don't...
If other methods don't work out for you, try this one :)

P.S.- I'm relaxed with Design Essentials Sensitive Scalp; shampoo & condition with either Elucence Moisture benefits OR Soft & Beautiful Moisturizing(only used on ends) Shampoo and Conditioner... In my experience, most products that lye relaxer users rave about do nada for my strands(well except break them off my head)... Hope this helps :)