Porosity Control: Is It Ok To Use It Every Week?

ChynaDoll.K

I just incorporated porosity control into my regimen and i like the results ive been getting, ive only used it for about 2 weeks now and i started to wonder if using it every wash would be to much and if i should limit it to once every 2 weeks?

Pretty Star

I don't see what it could hurt. I sometimes use it weekly. There's a long thread on here about how people use porosity control and lots of people said they use it every wash.

lovenharmony

ET / OT Bonafide Member
I do :look: It's what helped me to stretch my relaxers to 6 months post now and is helping with my transition.

WantNatural

I use it weekly as well and it has made a HUGE difference in my hair. I wouldn't go a week without it!

PPGbubbles

I just used this product for the first time this week so I would love to hear more responses from ladies who use it consistently....how has this product helped your hair?

I just used this product for the first time this week so I would love to hear more responses from ladies who use it consistently....how has this product helped your hair?

I would like to know also and what the brand of the porosity control that is used

Supervixen

I'm using the Revlon Porosity Control; there is also one by Roux. It gives less slip than NTM, but enough slip for me to followup with my DC. I use a dandruff shampoo, Porosity Control, NTM and then a DC. I need 3-4 lathers for MY hair and scalp to feel clean.

Stella B.

I have been using the Roux Porosity control extreme moisture pak (comes in a silver pouch) and only 1 BSS sells it locally around here. The ingredients are a little different from the bottle version. My hair is fragile, and needs constant moisturizing. I have been using this for about 4 months now, and it definitely helps in laying the cuticle down, and smoothing the hair, especially after a rollerset. I think it pretty much balances out the porosity on the hair if you're shampooing with products that have high ph levels that make the hair porous. If you use products for shampooing and conditioning that are ph balanced (like AO, and Giovanni) you probably won't need to use the Roux porosity control as much. When I do use it, its always after deep conditioning, in the final rinse. I've heard some ladies mix it in with their conditioners, or use it before perming with excellent results. Your hair will let you know if you're using it too frequently. It'll have a different feel, and you'll know.

iNicola

Am I the only one who doesn't like this product. I used it a few times and it made my hair hard.
How long are you leaving it on for? If I leave it on for too long it takes away some of the slippage from my hair. I now use it for the recommended time, 30 seconds.

I use PC after every cowash/wash (2 - 3 times per week).

ChynaDoll.K

Thanks everyone for the responses. Does anyone know what happens if the ph is lowered to much and has anyone every did a rinse and get better results from using porosity control during the process