Super Grow Out Challenge 2005

SouthernGirl

Okay DSD, there's no way I can pass this one up! Just when I was trying to figure out my challenge for 2005, I came across this, and I'm all over it! :clap:

I won't take as many pix as I did this year, and I won't be crazy about getting to a certain length. I'll finish up my vitamins, but I won't reorder. I would like to remain at bra strap length (but covering it next year) with generally healthier hair. I guess that's about 4 healthy inches, which should still give me room for a trim.

I've learned some things about my hair this year, so I really want to focus on doing the RIGHT things and not the wrong ones (i.e., applying Surge right after a relaxer) :). I also plan to be more vigilant about my protective styles!

Shariracquel

HI, IM NEW AND I WANT TO TAKE THIS HAIR CHALLENGE WITH YOU GUYS. YOU CAN DEFINETLY COUNT ME IN. I WANT TO TRY TO GET AN INCH A MONTH. I will be taking BIOTIN AND USING SHEA BUTTER TO KEEP MY ENDS MOSTURIZED AND WEEKLY TREATMENTS, BOTH A RECONSTRUCTURER TREATMENT AND OIL MOSTURIZING TREATMENT. I go to the Dominican Hairdresser every week because normally my hair grows out really fast and two weeks after a relaxer they will tell me I need a perm again so I go there to straighten it so its easier to manage and less breakage during the week. IM SO READY FOR THIS CHALLENGE, AND CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THE RESULTS.

ONE QUESTION, WILL WE BE TRACKING Each others and stuff like that too, how will we know to come and update, will we continue to put post here or somewhere else. I think dontspeakdefeat - the one who i believe who started this challenge should collect all the names of those who are doing this challenge so we can all keep track of each others progress.

My photo album link is in my profile - just PM for password, i WILL BE UPDATING BEFORE THE YEAR IS OVER.

GOOD LUCK LADIES!!!!

Leslie_C

COUNT ME IN TOO!

I want overall healthier and thicker hair first and foremost...so even if I dont make brastrap length this year I want full thick hair all over and at least armpit length. its past my shoulders but Ive been doing a few trims with more to come because my ends have been thinning out....but Im waiting to see what it looks like as my layers grow out, it may take care of the thin ends problem.

I will stick to my regimen I already have, except I will add vitamins and be consistent in taking them.

I will relax as needed which could be anywhere from 10 weeks to 16 weeks or more, depending on whether Im rotating in my phony pony,etc.

I also plan to possible try sew ins this year which will help me stretch longer too

drink more water and exercise regularly(helps body and hair!)

Its on!

carameldlite

Im in...
I'd like to grow atleast .75 of an inch a month! So I will be consistent with my vit. regimen and develop a hair care regimen, and I will make me a fotki account to track progess.

Happy Hair Growing!!!

Divastate

I'd like to join!

I'd like to

1. retain 6 inches of growth
2. continue with vitamins for the entire year
3. increase protein and exercise
4. cover my hair when I'm at home (I have a hard time not playing in it)
5. try to minimize postpartum shedding

:cool:

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
Shariracquel said:
HI, IM NEW AND I WANT TO TAKE THIS HAIR CHALLENGE WITH YOU GUYS. YOU CAN DEFINETLY COUNT ME IN. I WANT TO TRY TO GET AN INCH A MONTH. I will be taking BIOTIN AND USING SHEA BUTTER TO KEEP MY ENDS MOSTURIZED AND WEEKLY TREATMENTS, BOTH A RECONSTRUCTURER TREATMENT AND OIL MOSTURIZING TREATMENT. I go to the Dominican Hairdresser every week because normally my hair grows out really fast and two weeks after a relaxer they will tell me I need a perm again so I go there to straighten it so its easier to manage and less breakage during the week. IM SO READY FOR THIS CHALLENGE, AND CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THE RESULTS.

ONE QUESTION, WILL WE BE TRACKING Each others and stuff like that too, how will we know to come and update, will we continue to put post here or somewhere else. I think dontspeakdefeat - the one who i believe who started this challenge should collect all the names of those who are doing this challenge so we can all keep track of each others progress.

My photo album link is in my profile - just PM for password, i WILL BE UPDATING BEFORE THE YEAR IS OVER.

GOOD LUCK LADIES!!!!
Hi and welcome to the challenge. We are glad to have you!

All of the suggestions you mentioned were stated in another part of the thread you probably just missed it with all of the people posting and joining in.

I will post an update thread at the beginning of each month. You can put your progress there. I have started a list of everyone who has joined the challenge and I will update it periodically.

Good Luck to you. I wish you all the luck in reaching your goals!!

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
SouthernGirl said:
Okay DSD, there's no way I can pass this one up! Just when I was trying to figure out my challenge for 2005, I came across this, and I'm all over it! :clap:

I won't take as many pix as I did this year, and I won't be crazy about getting to a certain length. I'll finish up my vitamins, but I won't reorder. I would like to remain at bra strap length (but covering it next year) with generally healthier hair. I guess that's about 4 healthy inches, which should still give me room for a trim.

I've learned some things about my hair this year, so I really want to focus on doing the RIGHT things and not the wrong ones (i.e., applying Surge right after a relaxer) :). I also plan to be more vigilant about my protective styles!
I am glad you brought your gorgeous head of hair in. You will definitely provide plenty of inspiration for us "trying to get there"

HHG

cutebajangirl

Okay I will:

1. Wear weaves and braids changing monthly to give my hair proper deep conditioning and major protein treatments.

2. I will make a real attempt to retain every inch of hair that I grow this year. (I suspect that my hair growth rate is more than 1/2 inch a month and that I am not keeping it.)

3. When wearing weaves I will look into non heat applying methods of straightening the edges.

4. I will speak up in a salon if the stylist is being too rough instead of utilizing what I thought was obvious body language too indicate that I am in pain.

5. I will continue to exercize so that I can aid my hair growth while I am aiding my health.

6. I will apply the oil/pepper mixture up to 6X weekly. I will start at 3x weekly and work my way up.

7. I will apply surge/unbraid spray to my hair (not scalp) daily.

Edited to Add:

8. I may make a real effort to take vitamins (Biotin10,000 and MSM)
this year. (Haven't decided yet)

9. I will get an album up and start posting pics.

Last edited:

Victorian

old head
I'm joining! :eek:)
I'm going to be working on keeping my hair regimen simple and doing more work from the inside out (vitamins, water, and such)

ehj

1. Surging
2. Sticking with the hair products that I have (I'll try very hard :))
This is what has worked for me so far!

nurseN98

Ayiti cherie
Count me in too, I'm getting a digital camera for Christmas!!!

I'm gonna work on a regimen right now! I think I want to retain at least 6 inches next year.

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
sky83 said:
wow! your hair is so beatuiful, is it relaxed or natural?
Glad to have you Sky!! :wave:

Don't know who the comment is directed to though. That took away that aspect of the reply feature. Thanks from everyone!! :grin:

HHG

Growingitlong

Great challenge to keep me motivated. Count me in. I shall be doing braids for 2005, Crown and Glory style. In between I shall be wearing ponytails, wraps and cornrows. Plenty of conditioning and lots of moisture with protein treatments after each braid take down.

Good luck, ladies .

Angel54

Natural
Count me in!! I am definately up for the challenge. I do not have a regime yet because I have been wearing braids since July. I plan to give my hair a rest at the beginning of next year so this challenge will work for me.

Keen

Count me in also.

I'm going to stretch out my relaxer the whole year and then decide if I want to go natural. :sekret:

hiza

Count me in too!!
I will posting my starting pics in my album after Christmas.
I plan to cut 4-5 inches in February 2005 to get rid of my relaxed thin ends and I also want a blunt cut, I may go ahead and do the cut after Christmas.

Good luck to every one!!!!!

hiza...

MJ

I'm in!

What do I want:
1. 9" of growth [very greedy], but realistically I hope to achieved and keep 5" of new growth + the 7"-9" that I already have
2. Less breakage
3. Nicer ends

How do I plan to get it:

External
1. Wash 2-3 times each week
2. No direct heat (only when I get a touch up) - I do this anyway
3. Only 4 touch ups in 2005
4. Braid challenge (just learned how to braid my hair, will save tons of money)
5. Simplify my routine (started this already)
6. Buy less stuff (seriously, my eyes popped when I realized how much I spent iin 2004, but it was worth it). The stress of pjism could damage my hair :lachen:

Internal
1. Continue to be consistent with vitamins & supplements
2. Drink at least 2 liters of water each day
3 Continue to strive towards each 3 servings of veggies, 2 fruits, and 3 complex carbs
4. Work out every other day. Started, but working toward this frequency.

It's not hard to tell that I've been thinking about this alot. The cool thing though is that my focus on my hair has evolved in a whole-body healthy challenge and growth. So not only is my hair getting better, but everything else is too. :)

mzjones