Crown and Glory Support Thread and FAQs

chayil0427

Hey ...this thread is for Q&As for those using or considering the Crown and Glory Method (www.growafrohairlong.com)

I'd like to get things rolling with the following questions.

1. How long do you leave your braids in?

2. What is your DETAILED reggie while you're in braids?

3. How long after removing your braids do you wait to relax the hair?

4. How long after a relaxer do you wait to redo your braids?

5. How often do you trim your hair?

Thanks in advance for the responses.

Chayil

shynessqueen

chayil0427 said:
Hey ...this thread is for Q&As for those using or considering the Crown and Glory Method (www.growafrohairlong.com)

I leave my braids in for 5 to 7 months.

I would have to come back and full this in.

I treat my hair for a month then tex my hair.

I wait 3 months, I have to have over a inch of NG to put braids back in to my hair after Texing.

6 months to a year.

:cool:

cutiebe2

2 months
DC once a week with heat (heatcap)
MTG every other day
co wash once a week
moisturize daily with Jamaica Mago and Lime Gro Spray
I'm Natural
I'm natural
once a year

hothair

max 2 months (i get bored easily)

2. What is your DETAILED reggie while you're in braids? Wash once a week with ACV and condition with humectress of ORS Replenishing, CW once a week with Lustrasilk Shea Butter, spray everyday with dilute Mane N Tail conditioner, BT/ MTG everyday for scalp

3. How long after removing your braids do you wait to relax the hair? n/a

4. How long after a relaxer do you wait to redo your braids? n/a but i colour so maybe a week or 2

5. How often do you trim your hair? Don't get me started i "trimmed" every 2 months, now ONLY dusting every 6 months.

Hope that was helpful, my trims tend to be a minimum of 2-3 inches so i'm in recovery :crazy: :ohwell:

sareca

7-8 weeks

http://public.fotki.com/Serica/hair-to-stay/regime/0001347vi.html

2-3 weeks

2 months

As needed. My last trim was in April the one before that was in November.

newflowers

Two - three weeks in and the same numbers of days out.

Wash and condition every other day; deep condition every week. Each day in the morning and in the evening, I spray with ApHogee Green Tea and Keratin Reconstructor and then apply an oil. For months I was using camellia or rice bran or emu, but now I use one of those in the morning, and I use BT at night.

I first started C&G in early December and am ending next month. I will wait two weeks before relaxing.

At this time, I am not planning to rebraid my hair. After being in braids for seven months, I am ready for enjoying my own hair.

I initially started braiding because I needed to grow out a really bad relaxer. I have trimmed about 1/4 to 1/2 inches off each time to get rid of the really damaged hair; now I have mostly the new growth over the last seven months.

nikkivale

For 2 months at a time, any longer causes problems.

everyday i spray Surge 14 on scalp and braidspray mixed with infusium on my hair. MTG my scalp everyother day(ive slacked off though). I wash every week or 2 with dilluted Suave Clarify with some rosemary followed by CON shampoo. I don't deep condition, just spray the infusium/braidspray.
or sometimes i use Herbal Cleanse by ORS.

I don't, i'm transitioning.

i don't relax but i try to give my hair at least 2 weeks to strengthen itself back. I do a lot of deep conditioning and use infusium.

once every 3 months. but i plan to increase that.

Lioness

2 months max

Spray with African Royal / S-CUrl. every other day. Oil scalp with BT everynight.

I don't do any chemical services.

See above

Maybe three time a year

Bosslady1

I have been rocking cornrow and goddess braids and I keep those in for 2.5 weeks.

I spray and oil my scalp almost everyday. I keep my temple and nape in line with QP glaze.

Usually 2 weeks.

I did it at 1 week post after a really good wash. My hair is texlaxed so the strain on my hair wasn't that bad. From now on, I think I will wait 2 weeks.

2x per year...every 6 months.

shynessqueen

Blaque*Angel said:
Hi, wow how do you manage 5-7 months? please share:)

I redo the first three rows in the front and back every three months. I don't redo the rest. once the NG start showing I wear the braids in a loose ponytail. :cool:

wantlonghair25

1. How long do you leave your braids in? No longer than 2 1/2 months

2. What is your DETAILED reggie while you're in braids? Moisturize with African Pride or Mane and Tail braid sheen

3. How long after removing your braids do you wait to relax the hair? Like a couple of days....Is that safe?:perplexed:perplexed:perplexed

4. How long after a relaxer do you wait to redo your braids? About 6-8 weeks.

5. How often do you trim your hair? As needed

HERicane10

1. How long do you leave your braids in? No longer than 4-6 weeks

2. What is your DETAILED reggie while you're in braids? Moisturize with African Royal or Better Braids Spray. Use 911 leave-in, oil with coconut/castor/evoo oil blend, Organic's hair fertilizer on temples to prevent thinning.

3. How long after removing your braids do you wait to relax the hair? 5-7 days OR just rebraid after 2 DC

4. How long after a relaxer do you wait to redo your braids? 4-6 weeks.

5. How often do you trim your hair? As needed

tsturnbu

1. How long do you leave your braids in? SHORTEST...3 MONTHS...LONGEST 5 MONTHS ( I WAS CRAZY AND BROKE)

2. What is your DETAILED reggie while you're in braids? SHAMPOO TWICE A WEEK WITH A DILUTED SHAMPOO, AND THEN DEEP CONDITION WITH DARK AND LOVELY ULTRAL CHOLESTEROL

3. How long after removing your braids do you wait to relax the hair? IMMEDIATELY...SAME DAY

4. How long after a relaxer do you wait to redo your braids?3 MONTHS

5. How often do you trim your hair? 6 MONTHS

Thanks in advance for the responses.

Chayil

GOODL LUCK

C

chica_canella

For two months without redoing them. Maybe 2.5 since I can hide the new growth by wearing a cute head band. I have them in lots of style's and colors.

Sponge moisturize with S-Curl, African Royale Leave in conditoiner/braid spray, infusiun every two sometimes three days. Wash once a week.

Condition with Lekair Cholestrol (the pink) by dilluting it with water and sponging through braids. Put on plastic cap and bag over night and then rinse in morning.

3. How long after removing your braids do you wait to relax the hair? I'd say maybe a week and a half or two at the most. Depending on if my hair needs to rest or a protein treatment.

4. How long after a relaxer do you wait to redo your braids? About six weeks.

When needed but since I am in braids and sponge moisturizing faithfully I shouldn't have to trim more than a 1/2 inch. Hopefully not even that.:yep:

sareca

I'm ready to be out of these kinky twists. I miss my hair. :ohwell: At least I only have 3 more weeks to go. :yay:

homegirljiggy

I just started the crown and glory method as a means to transition yesterday, here is my regimine

I keep them in for 1.5- 2 weeks

spary with African PRide braid spray/infusion/water/glycerin at least once a day

wash and deep condition once a week, with diluted creme of nature, and deep condition with any of my many conditioners

NO MORE RELAXER

When I take out my self braided cornrows, wash/condition/deep condition with creme of nature, and cholestral or ors replenishing. blowdry/flat iron, or airdry/hotcomb. keep this in for a week before I airdry and cornrow the next week.

I will trim about 1-2 inches every month until I am completely NATURAL again, I'm been natural all my life, until I relaxed 3 years ago...:rolleyes:,
:wallbash:

Bosslady1

I am starting back up this Saturday! I will be doing a style similar to the one in my avatar.

How are ya'll doing?

Soliel185

I'd like to know how some of you finish your braids. I've never done braid extensions before, but my hair is relaxed and I'm transitioning so I'm afraid the ends won't hold, or will be much thinner than the base. I don't want the braids burned or glued at the bottom because I want to be able to re-do them myself. Are their other ways to finish them? Also -- if you redo them can you use the same hair or should you re-buy everytime?

TIA!!

JerriBlank

When braided w/ human hair,up to 6 months,w/kanekalon hair every 2-3 months before i redo w/ new hair(if i am keeping braids for a long time)

I co-wash my hair every other day,or whenever i feel like it really.(The other day i co-washed two times in one day). I co-wash with Freeman's sea kelp moisturizing conditioner.Luvs it:yep:!!I spray my hair with a mixture of water,marine collagen,silk amino acids,and wheat protein.I then spray a light mist of african royale braid spray, and sometimes i coat hair with my Aveda Shampure conditioner,enhanced with juuuust a lil marine collagen and silk amino acids.

At least two-three weeks.I have to deep condition before i relax and i am scared to relax clean hair:ohwell:.

If i am planning to braid after i relax, then whenever i think i have enough new growth to handle it. I braided my hair once about two weeks after a relaxer and it broke off horribly--this was pre-lhcf of course!

Whenever i think my hair needs it.

By the way,since finding about the crown and glory method and LHCF,my hair has grown so much already and it has just been about two whole months.I can't wait to relax after i have completed The "hard crown and glory six month challenge"!!I do hope i am not pumping myself up for disappointment,but my hair is growing wonderfully thanks to you ladies!:grin:

Since I braid my own hair into medium sized individuals I don't leave it for too long, I say a month on average.

I don't wash my hair but oil my scalp frequently when needed.
I baggy and/or moisturize the last 3 inches of my hair when i remember.
I usually leave it in a bun.

n/a......however I try to wait a week or two before straightening my hair because of styling stress.

n/a

I used to trim my hair whenever it needed it but I now only trim my hair twice a year.

What would be the regimen for twisting your own hair?

I really don't have an answer to your question but a comment rather.
I find that when I try to do crown and glory technique with twists it doesn't work. My hair must not like it.

Either my twists start to look too bad after 2 weeks or I just don't get as much growth as I do when I am in braids. just a thought.

damsel

2 months

I wash my hair once a week with diluted Burt's Bees More Moisture Raspberry & Brazil Nut Shampoo & Conditioner. I then towel dry my hair & mist it with diluted Aveda Elixir or Aubrey Organics B5 Gel. I apply a small amount of Burt's Bees Avocado Butter Treatment to the length of my hair in sections of 4 (paying attention to my edges). I let it partially air dry then tie it down with a scarf.

Everyday I mist my hair in the morning & night with my diluted Elixer or B5 Gel. At night I apply a small amount of Castor Oil to my edges.

I redo my edges every 2 weeks or as needed.

I'm natural

N/A

As needed.

AtlantaJJ

Would it be a thread highjack to ask those who use the wig Crown & Glory Method??...Perhaps I'll start a new thread :) See you over there....