Waist Length Challenge 2015

sunnieb

I'm in! :grin:

Ultimate Goal: Tail bone

Regimen: Weekly DC, Cowash, Honey Treatment

How many inches do you have to go to get to WL: about 4???

Natural/Relaxed/Other: Relaxed

Tips/Tricks: Keep ends moisturized and protected

Issues or difficulties you're having:RETENTION!!!! :drunk:

NaturalfienD

@NaturalfienD

My apologies for not being there and more supportive. I understand how discouraging the journey is, trust me, I would tear up even coming to this website... I lost hope, I still don't think It is quite back, but I am acceptant of it.
If you don't have a medical reason, then come one and lets just revamp and see what is going on, because there is hope. ( and if it is medical, then we still have some hope, it just might be harder)

Can you write down what you do to it weekly, the results.
Styles, and how your hair acted afterwards, write it down, and the results.

:) :bighug:

JJamiah,

Thank you for the big hug!! No need to apologize- you're right on time, I appreciate your feedback and ideas.

I like the idea of keeping a journal, because I am doing my hair weekly now. I have been using As I Am Cleansing Conditioner and noticing that my hair is not as tangled as it was when I did a 50/50 shampoo and conditioner wash. I have not had nearly as much breakage since starting this. I have been d/cing prior to the co-cleanse, I am almost following Naptural 85s wash routine to a t (ACV, deep conditioning, wash, oil to detangle, and end with AVJ rinse.) I really hope that it helps with the tangles, and that I will get the progress that I am hoping to get, growth wise.

Thanks a bunch for your help girlfriend!!!! :yep:

Last edited:

NaturalfienD

I kind of go through the same thing every 6 months as my hair grows.
I use to do mini twists, now I stick to medium to large
Since I don't use heat, I do a few loose braids to stretch the hair
When it dries I tighten up the braids and let them dry a tad straighter
When hair is completely dry I put into medium twists with shea
Finger detangle mostly
I deep condition every other week with a quick light detangle and re braid
I have had to modify this routine as my hair grows, the longer it is the less my hair likes smaller twists (braids are okay though)
OHHHh another thing I had to do differently,very important and helped with my ends; if I am going to DC while in a PS, I take the ends of the hair out first. Then after it is semi air dried, I proceed with the light detangle, moisturize, re braid.

Hope it doesn't sound too confusing
Hope this helps.

*This was not confusing at all, I especially like the idea of braiding the hair to stretch and once the hair has stretched some, rebraiding (or twisting) to further stretch the hair. I think that is a great idea! I can see how that is helpful with reducing tangles. My hair twists on itself something fierce and the fairy knots take more hair (unnecessarily) with it. Lawd! :nono:

I've been shedding excessively since August. I'm surprised I still have hair on my head.. Anyway, I found a homemade Garlic Treatment on YT the other night and decided to try it out. For me it worked better than black tea and fenugreek the only thing is the smell is very overpowering, DH kicked me out of the bed last night:lol: but it's cool because it gave me the results I was looking for. So I guess I will be sleeping in the Guest room until the end of the year, for now this will be a weekly treatment:yep:

*Share that link girl, I don't mind getting sleeping in a different room ...

:grin:

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
Welcome sunnieb! Can we get a starting pic or something? We're lacking in pics around these parts so we need some fresh blood... I mean new inspiration to check out. :look:

Sent from my Snow White Frost Galaxy S4 using LHCF

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
I really hope these iron fortified multis help. Hair hasn't grown in a year! :(

sunnieb

Welcome sunnieb! Can we get a starting pic or something? We're lacking in pics around these parts so we need some fresh blood... I mean new inspiration to check out. :look:

Absolutely! I have to find my length check shirt and I'll post my starting pic.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using LHCF

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
A year?
What do you think the culprit could be?

Girl. I don't even know. The beginning half of the year I was working out, eating well, and drinking more water too. I moved this summer, so fell off a lot on that stuff.

sunnieb

Found my shirt! I was hesitant to join since I'm not even MBL, but what the heck - I'm here!

Starting pic taken today:

ForumRunner_20141107_151035.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I545 using LHCF

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
Girl please! You are right along with all the rest of us! Your hair looks great. :)

iLurk

i'm really tempted to join but fear i might be jumping too far ahead of myself and end up being disappointed. Last year I thought I'd be bsl scraping mbl length when this time of year rolled around.

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
i'm really tempted to join but fear i might be jumping too far ahead of myself and end up being disappointed. Last year I thought I'd be bsl scraping mbl length when this time of year rolled around.

iLurk you sound like me! I joined the WL 2014 at the end of last year...am I WL? No, but that's ok. That's why it is a "challenge."

PaigeJessica

I'd like to join! It's been a while since I posted here. I've been taking terrible care of my hair for months now and need to stop. Being a part of this community helps me keep my hair healthy. I think I have 4 or 5 inches to go to waist length, this is a picture I took a few days ago. The first thing I need to do is restock on all my staples and start deep conditioning again.

Attachments

• image-415651262.jpg
    image-415651262.jpg
    426.6 KB · Views: 133

CheChe1881

Got a trim. Feeling discouraged about waist length this year

CheChe1881

I'm in! :grin:

Ultimate Goal: Tail bone

Regimen: Weekly DC, Cowash, Honey Treatment

How many inches do you have to go to get to WL: about 4???

Natural/Relaxed/Other: Relaxed

Tips/Tricks: Keep ends moisturized and protected

Issues or difficulties you're having:RETENTION!!!! :drunk:

What is a honey treatment?

Joigirl

I'm in! I am currently a little below BSL. I am short so I should make waist length next year. I'm also in the MBL challenge.

Goal Length - Waist Length in the longest section of my hair, I am natural so it will remain layered. Length to waist length - 4-5 inches

Regimen - Modified Curly Girl Method (shampoo once a month, cowash 1-2 times a week. I also use henna and indigo to dye my gray about once a quarter).

Challenges - Tangling and fairy knots

Attachments

• image-2902927238.jpg
    image-2902927238.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:

Joigirl

I'd like to join! It's been a while since I posted here. I've been taking terrible care of my hair for months now and need to stop. Being a part of this community helps me keep my hair healthy. I think I have 4 or 5 inches to go to waist length, this is a picture I took a few days ago. The first thing I need to do is restock on all my staples and start deep conditioning again.

Your hair looks a lot like my dd's. I would love to know more about your regimen. She is MBL but her fine strands tend to break off easily especially in the crown.

iLurk

iLurk you sound like me! I joined the WL 2014 at the end of last year...am I WL? No, but that's ok. That's why it is a "challenge."

Well I was pretty delusional about my actual hair length last year too I thought i was apl when i was really a jacked up shoulder length. :lachen: i might have more of an advantage now since majority of my hair now falls a little below apl :yep:

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
Well I was pretty delusional about my actual hair length last year too I thought i was apl when i was really a jacked up shoulder length. :lachen: i might have more of an advantage now since majority of my hair now falls a little below apl :yep:

Lol I feel ya. My problem is that my hair is the same exact length in the back since last year. My siggy is a year old. I have been Bsl forever! :lol: I should have made MBL a while ago as it is only two inches away. Smh. Bright side is the front has grown significantly. :rolleyes:

JJamiah

Yesterday, I washed my hair (which has become a dreaded chore) and gave myself a DRC treatment, used my manoi oil treatment, and Aphogee Leave in conditioner.. Blow Dried my hair (half the excess amount came out) and applied my Alter Ego Nequal drops. I have read people with medical conditions using this with good results. So, I am giving it a try.. I went and got my hair braided up into a cornrow Mowhawk.

Ladies.. I guess losing my hair wasn't enough, I am now about to lose my mind by taking 5 classes this coming spring semester. :) I am hoping to finish in 5 semesters tops. :) so I can get back to being me.

I am going to straighten my hair next month, towards the middle or end and get a trim.. So I will be posting my starting point for next year and hope.. HOPE, to have progress. :)

As a graduation gift to myself, I bought a new steamer :) hehehehe

Duchess007

Lol I feel ya. My problem is that my hair is the same exact length in the back since last year. My siggy is a year old. I have been Bsl forever! :lol: I should have made MBL a while ago as it is only two inches away. Smh. Bright side is the front has grown significantly. :rolleyes:

That's good though! So when the bottom layers start growing again, you won't have to cut to even it out. :yep:

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

JJamiah

Ladies, we are growing our hair... how many of us are enjoying the process?

In about 3 weeks I am taking down my hair, straightening it and then getting a trim. I am going to start wearing my hair out every other month while wearing protective styles in between. To get to enjoy it more. Not that I am not enjoying all the funky styles.

Seems that when not having hair, or controlling my situation became an issue, I realized, I had to ask myself that question. Am I enjoying my hair? Not as much as I should... Not as much as I could... so I am going to put more effort into enjoying this ride, while I still have hair to enjoy :)

So smile ladies and let's not just grow hair, let us enjoy the process of growing out our hair :)

I want to start posting our good hair days and the bad ones too.. :)
Holidays are coming beautiful ladies... :)

Duchess007

JJamiah, love your post!

My hair today:

I did an all-day Shea/green tea prepoo this weekend, then cowashed with As I Am, then DC'd overnight, and ACV rinsed Sunday morning. After that, I did a heavy duty spritz of my remaining green tea, massaged my scalp with sunflower/peppermint/tea tree/coffee oil, lightly sealed with whipped shea, and baggied for 24 hours straight. All I did was put it in a twisty bun today, but it feels nice and moisturized. :)

image-684250928.jpg

Duchess007

I'm in! I am currently a little below BSL. I am short so I should make waist length next year. I'm also in the MBL challenge.

Goal Length - Waist Length in the longest section of my hair, I am natural so it will remain layered. Length to waist length - 4-5 inches

Regimen - Modified Curly Girl Method (shampoo once a month, cowash 1-2 times a week. I also use henna and indigo to dye my gray about once a quarter).

Challenges - Tangling and fairy knots

Your hair is GORGEOUS!

JJamiah

:cheers::cheers:
@JJamiah, love your post!

My hair today:

I did an all-day Shea/green tea prepoo this weekend, then cowashed with As I Am, then DC'd overnight, and ACV rinsed Sunday morning. After that, I did a heavy duty spritz of my remaining green tea, massaged my scalp with sunflower/peppermint/tea tree/coffee oil, lightly sealed with whipped shea, and baggied for 24 hours straight. All I did was put it in a twisty bun today, but it feels nice and moisturized. :)

View attachment 284089

Duchess007 :) thank you so much.
Love that bun, :) can't wait to be able to make one that looks presentable :) lol..
I am loving that scalp stimulating massage you gave yourself :)