Spinny: The Relaxer "Reveal" Thread!!!!

Mande30

Good Morning:

I self relaxed for the second time this past weekend. My hair turned out well. I seem to get better everytime. But I always have something that I will change for the next one.

I protected my previously relaxed hair with 3 layers. 1. Mizani Honey Shield 2. Coconut Oil 3. Dax Grease. This trio has really protected my hair, but the Honey Shield is a water-based product. The application leaves my hair wet. And wet hair, although covered with oil and grease, is not the easiest to manage when applying the relaxer. (Twists were unraveling mid way through and merging with one another.) For future relaxers I will use 1. EVCO 2. DAX Grease 3. Petroleum Jelly.

Pictures: 1. Freshly Relaxed/Air dried 2. Braid out with 2 big braids (looked like a wet puppy, never again) 3 & 4. Braid out with 7 braids- much better

Attachments

• IMG_0557.JPG
    IMG_0557.JPG
    314.3 KB · Views: 124
  • IMG_0564.JPG
    IMG_0564.JPG
    357 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_0566.JPG
    IMG_0566.JPG
    315.3 KB · Views: 119
  • IMG_0568.JPG
    IMG_0568.JPG
    352.4 KB · Views: 133
Last edited:

JudithO

Mande30

Looking good girl... I use Mizani Honey shield too but I pre part by hair, twist, and then apply it on the twisted hair... That way I'm just lifting twist by twist.. sometimes I allow it dry some before I start....

I find that Roux PC is great to use too either mixed with Mizani HS or by itself...

Mande30

@Mande30

Looking good girl... I use Mizani Honey shield too but I pre part by hair, twist, and then apply it on the twisted hair... That way I'm just lifting twist by twist.. sometimes I allow it dry some before I start....

I find that Roux PC is great to use too either mixed with Mizani HS or by itself...

@JudithO THank you!!! I applied the Honey Shield before I twisted. After I applied it I waited for almost 4 hours for it to dry some, NADA. I guess it did not dry any because it was covered with EVCO and DAX Grease. I sure hate to give it up because I bought such a BIGGGGG bottle. I wonder if it can be used for anything else, You think?

So, you apply after you twist......... That is a thought, maybe it will dry if its not covered with grease.

Last edited:

JudithO

Mande30

Yeah....the grease would definitely prevent it from drying... Next time... prepart first, and then apply it to the already twisted parts... For me, it dries before Im done relaxing even (25 mins)

JudithO

Alright ladies here goes.... I relaxed today at 10 weeks post.... Can i go ahead and claim MBL now?

I know my ends are thin... I'm baby'ing them till DEC, and will maintain that length.. 2014 should be full of trims...

Attachments

• IMG_20130808_194729.jpg
    IMG_20130808_194729.jpg
    358 KB · Views: 160
  • IMG_20130808_194740.jpg
    IMG_20130808_194740.jpg
    354.1 KB · Views: 174

NikkiQ

I love lurking in here and see all of these GORGEOUS heads of hair!!! You ladies look fantastic

Back into lurk mode :sekret:

sunnieb

Look what was delivered yesterday! Only 2 more days and this newgrowth is GONE!

Anybody else relaxing this weekend? Be sure to post your results in here.

ForumRunner_20130919_062555.jpg

Sent from my android tablet using LHCF App

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
Look what was delivered yesterday! Only 2 more days and this newgrowth is GONE! Anybody else relaxing this weekend? Be sure to post your results in here. Sent from my android tablet using LHCF App

That's from your supplier on eBay? That's a lot of product!

Please excuse my iPhone