~~~Relaxed Bunning Thread~~~

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
EnExitStageLeft, I told you wrong via email (sorry hun). Ok so, I use the maneandchic vid except I (try to picture this) take the tail of my hair and fold it half way, I then fold it again at the base of the head -- basically, I fold my length twice before I start pulling in the sides. Does that makes sense. I dunno, maybe I can video this when dh is home because there's no way I can do it home alone. I'm not that talented (yet). pre_medicalrulz, my way can be an option for you.

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
I tried the southern tease bun. I'm gonna show the picture after the first attempt, but I had to redo it because it droops. I had to loop it quite a bit and hold it super tight because it could just drop like it wants to give birth or something.

Please excuse my iPhone; it's trying to get it together

Attachments

• image-2940879848.jpg
    image-2940879848.jpg
    399.4 KB · Views: 62
  • image-3531960229.jpg
    image-3531960229.jpg
    365 KB · Views: 60
  • image-3509430225.jpg
    image-3509430225.jpg
    395.6 KB · Views: 57
  • image-3492198684.jpg
    image-3492198684.jpg
    364.1 KB · Views: 50

MizzBFly

remainder of the week bun..me likey:drunk:

Attachments

• bun front view.jpg
    bun front view.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 45
  • bun side view.jpg
    bun side view.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 39
  • bun top view.jpg
    bun top view.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 42

EnExitStageLeft

@MizzBFly

The cornroll is swangin' girl. I can't cornroll to save my life lol.

@Saludable84

That exactly how my tease looked. Its such a elegant style. Did you only use 1 bobby pin? I tried, but failed and had to get a clip instead.

Last edited:

EnExitStageLeft

*My Bun Today:I used 1 black silicone ponytail holder, 2 small bobby pins, a bun net and the banana clip for some good ole' bun candy.

2013-07-16_18.00.59.jpg
2013-07-16_18.02.41.jpg
2013-07-16_18.02.46.jpg
2013-07-16_18.05.49.jpg

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
@MizzBFly

The cornroll is swangin' girl. I can't cornroll to save my life lol.

@Saludable84

That exactly how my tease looked. Its such a elegant style. Did you only use 1 bobby pin? I tried, but failed and had to get a clip instead.

I loved it a lot. I got compliments at work. Ill try it tomorrow again. I had to redo it, so the second time I use 2. Then as I got to work, the whole thing came loose. I had to redo it in the bathroom which meant me having to twist, then roll my hair twice, wrap it again and hold everything with the two pins. It worked but that amount of tension, its too much for more than a couple times a week for me. I always say I don't think I have a lot of hair, but that tease (and styles other than buns) make me think differently every time! :nono:

sunnieb

Practicing my Southern Tease Bun skills tonight. Might wear this tomorrow.

Sent from my android tablet using LHCF App

Guinan

Re-Branding
Everyone buns look sooo nice & full!! I wish I could do other styled buns besides messy buns. Y'all r making me gonna start practicing my bun skills.

sunnieb

Today's bun - WITHOUT a bun net! :)

Sent from my android tablet using LHCF App

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130717_103253.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130717_103253.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:

mamaline

These buns are so gorgeous. I need to step my bun game up. I bun at least 5-7 days a week (I have to for work), but my buns aren't anywhere near as nice as these.

Any tips on how to make my buns look fuller? My hair is currently APL.

sunnieb

details please!:lick:

@Loving - Here's the video: Southern Tease Bun

And you know what? I learned my lesson about bunning nekkid (w/o a bun net). I lost my black silk ponytail holder because it was so loose. I have no idea where it fell out.....or if anyone saw it fall! :look: :lachen:

ETA: Whoops! Should've watched the video before I did the bun. I'm not even supposed to use a ponytail holder. Just roll the hair up! :spinning:

Last edited:

sunnieb

freckledface mamaline

For fuller buns:

Don't bun with pin straight hair
Airdried/braidout/bantu-knot out hair works best
Use filler (weave hair; donut; silk scrunchies)
Fake it til you make it - wear a fake bun that's full

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
freckledface mamaline

For fuller buns:

Don't bun with pin straight hair
Airdried/braidout/bantu-knot out hair works best
Use filler (weave hair; donut; silk scrunchies)
Fake it til you make it - wear a fake bun that's full

See, the problem for me is that I rollerset weekly. I hate dealing with air dried hair.

Maybe I should just get over it. Yeah, I think so.

sunnieb

See, the problem for me is that I rollerset weekly. I hate dealing with air dried hair.

Maybe I should just get over it. Yeah, I think so.

Saludable84

Just moisturize and sleep in braids or bantu knots. Works pretty much the same. Be aware not to apply too much product. It'll weigh your hair down and create floppy buns.

EnExitStageLeft

@Loving - Here's the video: Southern Tease Bun

And you know what? I learned my lesson about bunning nekkid (w/o a bun net). I lost my black silk ponytail holder because it was so loose. I have no idea where it fell out.....or if anyone saw it fall! :look: :lachen:

ETA: Whoops! Should've watched the video before I did the bun. I'm not even supposed to use a ponytail holder. Just roll the hair up! :spinning:

PONYTAIL HOLDER! I NEED TO USE A PONYTAIL HOLDER!

lol I'm sorry but that was seriously like a AHA MOMENT! I need a bit more sercurity with the southern tease because my hair is dense and feels like its going to fall at any second.

@mamaline and @freckledface

Like @sunnieb I only bun air dried hair.I also put my hair in one large twist at night to give my hair some added texture. The more texture the better for me.

sunnieb

Found my ponytail holder in my car. Apparently, it fell out on my drive into work this morning.

I love the southern tease bun though. I'll keep practicing.

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
Saludable84

Just moisturize and sleep in braids or bantu knots. Works pretty much the same. Be aware not to apply too much product. It'll weigh your hair down and create floppy buns.

What your saying sounds :lick: but this is the problem: IM LAZY!!!! I don't want to do anything during the week and air dried hair means more time during the week. When I was bone straight, I didn't care as much, but now that Im texlaxed, its just not fun.

:perplexed Ill go ahead with it. When I break and start crying because it take 10 minutes just to get it in a ponytail, Im stalking you!

MizzBFly

EnExitStageLeft thanks hon.. you see my part all jacked up :lol: but hey the complete look is what hittin'! right?

.. your hair is soo beautiful, with shine and thickness and what I'm lacking at the moment uniformity in length..I've been working on it since my setback in 2011...so keep my in your thoughts for hair prayers:grin: