Mud Hair Wash=NO DC?

youwillrise

has anyone here tried it or their own bentonite/clay mix on braided or twisted hair? did you have any issues?

i want to mix up some bentonite and use it...i'm itching. haha...but i dont want to be crazy!

yaya24

♥Naija°Texan • Realtor • SPX Options #RichAunty●♡•
I think I'm going to take the plunge and purchase the lemon or the lavender one.

Has anyone tried oil rinsing after the wash?

qchelle

I did my first wash! :yay: I washed it 3 times. On the 2nd wash was when I really started to notice something. It felt like I was clarifying...or ACV-ish. But it made my hair sooo easy to detangle! That is such a weird combination: stripped feeling, easy to detangle hair :lol: but that's what it felt like. When I got out and examined my hair in the mirror, I noticed that it was actually clumping! I've never seen my hair do this! It was clumping together at the ends! :shocked: Kind of like sugarwater 's hair in post 394. It never does this! And it smells soo good! I have the lavender one.

I put some Shea Moisture shea butter on it and as soon as it touched my hair, it actually felt good and soft and not coated! Ok guys, this is a huge deal for me because my hair HATES SM shea butter! :lol: The only reason I dug up the shea butter is because the directions say you're not supposed to put anything on your hair, unless it's organic...or something like that. I had to search for this shea butter, as it's been out of commission for so long! :lol: :spinning:

I can't wait until tomorrow so I can wash my hair again! I am absolutely loving this so far! And I took some awesome pics that I may post at the end of the 7 days! :)

Thank you so much for starting this thread! :cry3: lol

hair4today

qchelle great review. You sound soooo excited by your results. It's a great feeling isn't it when you finally find a product that works the way it's suppose to...one that actually lives up to its reputation. I know what you mean about the curl clumping...the first time this happened to me my mouth literally dropped open and I just stared in amazement. I was like is this my hair for real? You'll find that your hair will only get better with each wash. Can't wait to see your detox pictures.

sugarwater

I did another was today. Its been 2 weeks since my first and i followed naptural85's wash reggie and used acv first. Post pic later.

youwillrise

currently doing a clay treatment on my hair. mixed up some bentonite with acv. also put some on my face haha. my face is tingly as whaaaat. i have the aztec secret brand. it says "feel your face pulsate" on the back... my nose is actually pulsating. it's weeeeiiiird.

i just put it on. will leave it on hair for about an hour...probably do face for about 20 or 30 minutes

will DC afterward

youwillrise

rinsed the bentonite. hair felt clean but not stripped. have a mixture of aubrey organics hsr, coconut milk & rice bran oil on top marinating in my hair right now...which i'll rinse around 11ish.

kim

Received my Terressentials Lavendar today! I just washed my hair, I followed the directions that came in the box with it. I must say that I really like it!! My hair feels wonderful, it is so soft and has alot of volume. It also feels moisturized. It didn't detangle as much as I would have liked, but my hair hadn't been detangled in about 4 days or more. I used Alaffia Shea and Honey Nourishing conditioner afterwards and some coconut oil. I plan on doing the 7 day detox because I can tell the difference it has made already. I can't wait to see what it will do after 7 days!!! Next I plan on ordering the Left Coast Lemon.

hair4today

I did another was today. Its been 2 weeks since my first and i followed naptural85's wash reggie and used acv first. Post pic later.
sugarwater curious about your experience using the ACV before the mud shampoo. Did you notice a difference in the look and feel of your hair? Nap85 didn't really go into the benefits but I'm assuming its to strip the shea butter from her hair?

hair4today

Received my Terressentials Lavendar today! I just washed my hair, I followed the directions that came in the box with it. I must say that I really like it!! My hair feels wonderful, it is so soft and has alot of volume. It also feels moisturized. It didn't detangle as much as I would have liked, but my hair hadn't been detangled in about 4 days or more. I used Alaffia Shea and Honey Nourishing conditioner afterwards and some coconut oil. I plan on doing the 7 day detox because I can tell the difference it has made already. I can't wait to see what it will do after 7 days!!! Next I plan on ordering the Left Coast Lemon.
kim -- are you diluting the mud shampoo? If not give this a try to see if improves detangling. I found that diluting with equal amount of water worked wonders for detangling my hair. I use 1oz water to 1oz mud. Good luck with your detox.

faithVA

@kim -- are you diluting the mud shampoo? If not give this a try to see if improves detangling. I found that diluting with equal amount of water worked wonders for detangling my hair. I use 1oz water to 1oz mud. Good luck with your detox.

Thats a good tip hair4today. Since I dilute it I never thought about mentioning that diluting helped with detangling. But I definitely think you are right.

And you reminded me, sometimes after I let it sit, I spray my hair with water before rinse and work it into my scalp more and working through my hair so it loosens the mud.

sugarwater

sugarwater curious about your experience using the ACV before the mud shampoo. Did you notice a difference in the look and feel of your hair? Nap85 didn't really go into the benefits but I'm assuming its to strip the shea butter from her hair?

hair4today - There was a difference to me ,scalp wise. I've always had a really hard time cleaning my scalp fully. I always had residue i could scratch off even after scrubbing my head with the pads of my fingers. The mudwash helped a bit but the ACV totally cleaned it! It didn't make much of a difference elsewhere to me.

nikki5852

Hi ladies, can someone tell me if they had a similar issue with this product.

I finished the 7 day detox consistently last week. After finishing the detox i did a twist out using pura body naturals sapote lotion and cupacua butter. Just recently I went to wash my hair with the remainder of the mud wash. I was on my last drop so I poured some water into the bottle to dilute the mud so it would cover all my hair. I applied it to my hair however after stepping out the shower I noticed my hair (all of it) was coated with this nasty, sticky film and it was very ashy looking. I rinsed and rinsed but it would not come off. I grabbed my clarifying shampoo and that helped get rid of the mess that was on my hair. I then applied my AOHSR conditioner and then rinsed it out only to find out that i still had the nasty film on the roots of my scalp. I once again washed my hair but with my regular shampoo, that helped slightly but there is still a lot of film in some areas. Has anyone else experienced this and if so how do you fix it? I'm beyond tired of washing my hair so frequently in one day.

faithVA

I finished the 7 day detox consistently last week. After finishing the detox i did a twist out using pura body naturals sapote lotion and cupacua butter. Just recently I went to wash my hair with the remainder of the mud wash. I was on my last drop so I poured some water into the bottle to dilute the mud so it would cover all my hair. I applied it to my hair however after stepping out the shower I noticed my hair (all of it) was coated with this nasty, sticky film and it was very ashy looking. I rinsed and rinsed but it would not come off. I grabbed my clarifying shampoo and that helped get rid of the mess that was on my hair. I then applied my AOHSR conditioner and then rinsed it out only to find out that i still had the nasty film on the roots of my scalp. I once again washed my hair but with my regular shampoo, that helped slightly but there is still a lot of film in some areas. Has anyone else experienced this and if so how do you fix it? I'm beyond tired of washing my hair so frequently in one day.

If you are using heaving products on your hair or just products several days a week, I would suggest before washing, rinse your hair and scalp very well with just water. Naptural85 removes product from her hair by using an ACV rinse on her scalp and lightly on her hair. I don't know whats in the lotion but the combination of that with the butter was more than the mudwash especially a highly diluted version could work with.

After that it was just the snowball effect. You clarified but sometimes the AOHSR is heavy and it clings and can be hard to wash off especially after you have detoxed.

If you don't feel like washing, you can take some witch hazel (dilute it if you want and cleanse your scalp). Or if you are going to wash then try a diluted ACV rinse.

But keep an eye on the AOHSR and see if in the future it thoroughly rinses from your hair. I can't use it straight from the bottle.

kim

kim -- are you diluting the mud shampoo? If not give this a try to see if improves detangling. I found that diluting with equal amount of water worked wonders for detangling my hair. I use 1oz water to 1oz mud. Good luck with your detox.

Yes! I diluted, but I didn't do exact equal amounts. Thanks for the tip!!!!!

Missigirl

I could not wait so I started my first 3 washes on Wednesday I could not really tell the difference. Thursday I did not rinse well so I still had some mud on my scalp. Today I did my 2 washes and my hair is clumping much better I used a little giovanni direct leave in and some coconut oil .......my hair felt great.:yep: I am not using deep conditioner until I am done with my 7th day. I am using the lavendar for the detox. I have the lemon waiting on standby. I think I will use this once a week.

deborah11

i had this problem also, coated, sticky and ashyly looking hair. I am going to try again this weekend to see if wetting the hair first and diluting the product works. I used the lavendar. If this doesn't work, I will have to toss the product. I have not done the 7 day detox yet so I will try that first b4 giving up on the product. I use mostly natural products so it seems that I should not have extensive buildup on the scalp and hair.

faithVA

This is probably a good question for the ladies that use the product regularly.

Do you rinse your hair prior to applying the mudwash? And do you dilute your mudwash?

I have always rinsed first because it would be impossible for me to get the mud on my hair without having to put too much on. And diluting it makes it go on easier.

But what do you ladies that use it regularly do?

LadyMacgyver

Do you rinse your hair prior to applying the mudwash? And do you dilute your mudwash?

I have always rinsed first because it would be impossible for me to get the mud on my hair without having to put too much on. And diluting it makes it go on easier.

I rinse 1st very good and then I appply the dliuted mud.. I also add a little extra mud not diluted to my hair and I haven't had any problems..

Also, I plan to do Henna for the 1st time since the wash and I can't wait to see how that goes.. I'm doing a henna gloss

itsallaboutattitude

Cancer Support in Health
I am now doing an ACV rinse 1st, then applying undiluted mud a little bit at a time to sectioned hair. Leaving it in for 1 - 2 hours and then rinsing. Then moisturizing with Qhemet.

hair4today

Do you rinse your hair prior to applying the mudwash? Yes, I always rinse my hair first. I rinse in twists, unravel each twist and apply the diluted mud shampoo.And do you dilute your mudwash?Yes, I dilute the product with equal amounts of water (1 oz each)

I have always rinsed first because it would be impossible for me to get the mud on my hair without having to put too much on. And diluting it makes it go on easier. Agreed, I have the lavender and it's very thick, too thick for my fine strands so diluting is a must for me.

Chromia

Damn yall. Ok so the shipping from Sage Natureceuticals is 6.25, but they are selling each bottle for 15 bucks!
And the place in IL is not carrying it. Apparently they try out all the products before selling and they didnt like it. It made his hair soft, but he said it left a residue on his scalp and his wife's scalp. *shrug* dah well.
Looks like for me the best deal is to order it from the Terressentials site itself. I hope the 8oz will last me.
There was a difference to me ,scalp wise. I've always had a really hard time cleaning my scalp fully. I always had residue i could scratch off even after scrubbing my head with the pads of my fingers. The mudwash helped a bit but the ACV totally cleaned it! It didn't make much of a difference elsewhere to me.
I noticed scalp residue today, even though I apply the mud wash to my scalp without diluting it and I scrub my scalp with my fingers. I'll have to use ACV or something else for my scalp. I've never had a problem getting my scalp clean before using the mud wash.

Missigirl

Whooo hooo weeee!!! I am loving this mud wash. All I need to do is one wash Sunday and Monday and my detox is complete. I am using less product my hair is not frizzy I can lay down my edges without any gel. My defintion is wonderful!!!:clapping:

faithVA

[USER=5045 said:
Chromia[/USER];14296373]I noticed scalp residue today, even though I apply the mud wash to my scalp without diluting it and I scrub my scalp with my fingers. I'll have to use ACV or something else for my scalp. I've never had a problem getting my scalp clean before using the mud wash.

You may want to determine what product you are using that is causing residue. Not saying that you don't want to use it but it would be good to be informed.

Even if I apply products to my hair daily, I can rinse my hair and my scalp with water and I am fine. However, the products I use during the week consist of oils, butters and ingredients I can purchase myself.

faithVA

[USER=5045 said:
Chromia[/USER];14296373]I noticed scalp residue today, even though I apply the mud wash to my scalp without diluting it and I scrub my scalp with my fingers. I'll have to use ACV or something else for my scalp. I've never had a problem getting my scalp clean before using the mud wash.

If you need help let us know. But we need more details in what you are doing to give you any advice.

faithVA

Whooo hooo weeee!!! I am loving this mud wash. All I need to do is one wash Sunday and Monday and my detox is complete. I am using less product my hair is not frizzy I can lay down my edges without any gel. My defintion is wonderful!!!:clapping:

This is a funny post. Glad you are enjoying it.

Chromia

You may want to determine what product you are using that is causing residue. Not saying that you don't want to use it but it would be good to be informed.

Even if I apply products to my hair daily, I can rinse my hair and my scalp with water and I am fine. However, the products I use during the week consist of oils, butters and ingredients I can purchase myself.
The only thing I'm using besides the wash is coconut oil on my hair. I don't apply coconut oil to my scalp. I apply the coconut oil, twist my hair, do a twistout when my hair dries, then I don't apply anything on my hair or scalp until the next wash.

faithVA

[USER=5045 said:
Chromia[/USER];14296985]The only thing I'm using besides the wash is coconut oil on my hair. I don't apply coconut oil to my scalp. I apply the coconut oil, twist my hair, do a twistout when my hair dries, then I don't apply anything on my hair or scalp until the next wash.

Ok then you should be good. Then just rinse your hair and scalp with water really well before applying the mudwash. Rinsing it should remove most of what you have put on yor hair. Dilute the mud (even what you are putting) or your scalp and try it that way.

I know some people apply it undiluted but I still dillute it even for my scalp. It doesn't have to be concentrated to work. I can't apply heavy products to my scalp and rinse them off. And the mud wash is heavy.

But since you weren't able to get it off this time you may want to try a very diluted ACV rinse before you try it again.