Aphogee 2 min/natural alternative : Mill Creek Keratin & Biotin Conditioners

Krystle~Hime

There are some ingredients in aphogee 2 min that I can't stand for (parabens, urea, acetimide MEA..) and I was looking for a more natural protein condish that can be use weekly(i've found aubrey organics GPB, curl junkie repair me..) and also these 2 ones : Mill Creek Keratin Conditioner

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

And here are the ingredients :
Deionized Water, Hydrolyzed Keratin, Cottonseed Oil, Panthenol (Provitamin B5), Balsam Peru, Olive Oil, Retinyl Palmitate (Vitamin A), Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Rosemary Extract, Barley Extract, Stearalkonium Chloride (Fiber base content), Glyceryl Stearate, Glycerin, Cetyl Alcohol, Octyl Dimethyl PABA PEG-100 Stearate, Sodium Caseinate, Sodium Hydroxide, Corn Oil, *Organic Aloe Vera Gel, Citric Acid, Organic Essential Oil, Caramel, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate, Botanical Fragrance.

Mill Creek Biotin Conditioner

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Deionized Water, Biotin, Panthenol (pro-vitamin B5), Hydrolyzed Keratin, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearyl Alcohol, Dicetyldimonium Chloride, Oleamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth 20, Hydrolyzed Glycosaminoglycans, retinyl palmitate (vitamin A), Citric Acid, Corn Oil, Sodium Chloride, Quaternium-15, Peppermint Oil, certified organic aloe vera gel, Organic Essential Oil, Citric Acid, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate, botanical fragrance

it's sounds greeeeeeeat :yep: just wanted to know if some LHCF's has ever tried it ?

Last edited:

malibu4590

I have used the Keratin Conditioner with good results as a mild-medium protein treatment with or without heat. My hair is very protein sensitive so I don't use it often but I love the results it gives. Soft but strong hair and it smells really good too!

vtoodler

I hear that Aubrey Organics's GPB is another good light protein. It has organic, all-natural ingredients.

MrsHaseeb

I use this and I LOVE it. I would consider this a medium protein. I assure you that you will get protein overload if you use it weekly. It smells great and its mostly natural. I would use it on dry hair for 20 minutes with heat then wash and deep condition with a moisturizing DC. The result, beautiful thick balanced strands. But like I said, it can't be used every week or you will have hard, brittle hair. Every other week or once a month is sufficient.

Sent from T-Mobile MyTouch 4G

Nix08

Relaxed, 4B
Just bought both this month! I've used the keratin under my steamer and I've used the Biotin to co wash with twice this week. I'm happy with both:yep:

destine2grow

I have been wanting to try both of these. I guess I will go ahead and purchase them. Thanks for reminding me to give them a try.

Also which one can't be used every week?

Myjourney2009

Ready to be APL
You have to determine which one cant be used for your hair every week.

I alternate the Millcreek biotin a few times a week as a leave-in because it is very thin. It did nothing for my hair as a rinse out. I use it the same way for the DD's hair and she is natural.

I can use the Millcreek Keratin every week. I stopped using it because I did not feel it was strengthening enough. I did not even use a DC afterwards.

I am Lye relaxed

I use it every other week for DD's natural hair. I leave it on for 10 mins no heat and then air dry and style. I dont deep condition after it.

hannan

I used the first one after I shampooed and before I dced every week when I didn't want to henna. It was nice and did the job. The ingredients were much more friendly than the 2 minute, which I definitely loved and appreciated.

I guess I can be considered one of those odd naturals that loves protein so I think of it more as a light-medium protein. Gave me some great slip, too!

Last edited:

Krystle~Hime

I used the first one after I shampooed and before I dced every week when I didn't want to henna. It was nice and did the job. The ingredients were much more friendly than the 2 minute, which I definitely loved and appreciated.

I guess I can be considered one of those odd naturals that loves protein so I think of it more as a light-medium protein. Gave me some great slip, too!

I use this and I LOVE it. I would consider this a medium protein. I assure you that you will get protein overload if you use it weekly. It smells great and its mostly natural. I would use it on dry hair for 20 minutes with heat then wash and deep condition with a moisturizing DC. The result, beautiful thick balanced strands. But like I said, it can't be used every week or you will have hard, brittle hair. Every other week or once a month is sufficient.

hannan & MrsHaseeb
Thanks for your reviews, it's interesting the fact that for one the condish is too heavy and for the other one(hannan) is great and okay for weekly use(of course following by a moisturizing treatment(and that's what I want, an alternative to the 2 min that can be used before DCing)

but I want to know what's your hair type (i'm not talkin about 3/4abcdzz, but more about :
-are you natural or relaxed ?
do you have fine hair or thick hair ? do you have low or normal porosity ?

I have natural fine hair with low porosity, usually, fine hair is due to the lack of medulla in cortex, so that's why fine hair can like/luv protein cause it can be in "need" for a boost. but if you have high porosity, your hair can become crispy because hair will get too much protein(because it has more cuticle openings)
so if you can share me what kind of hair and i will be able to identify to a review :drunk:

thanks yall for your reviews and for new readers if you had ever given a try to these ones, shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrre !!!!!!!!!!!!!

MrsHaseeb

My hair is medium thick, natural and somewhat porous. I love protein conditioners because i flat iron weekly and it helps prevent heat damage and thinning. I'm not at all protein sensitive but I still found Millcreek's keratin conditioner very strong for weekly use.

hannan

I'm natural with fine hair and high porosity. That's probably why my hair soaks it up. On the contrary to what you said, high porosity girls love protein. After all, our hair is protein and remember that people with high porosity have openings in their hair cuticle. Protein will fill in these openings to make the hair stronger.

So high porosity hair like protein in that it fills the damaged areas that have the opening and fine hair should take a liking to protein because it creates a barrier around it to also make it stronger. That's why a lot of girls say their hair strand is thicker/stronger after they do a protein treatment.

Hopefully I got all of that info right. Nonie some help por favor! :lol:

danigurl18

I've used both of them in the past and they are great! I used to find them locally but I can't seem to find them anymore. I would love to start using them again!

isawstars

I'm glad this thread was bumped because my hair thrived from using 2min every week and I recently switched to mill creek biotin as a more natural alternative. I'veo nly used it twice so far...

Ltown

Greyland
I'm natural with fine hair and high porosity. That's probably why my hair soaks it up. On the contrary to what you said, high porosity girls love protein. After all, our hair is protein and remember that people with high porosity have openings in their hair cuticle. Protein will fill in these openings to make the hair stronger.

So high porosity hair like protein in that it fills the damaged areas that have the opening and fine hair should take a liking to protein because it creates a barrier around it to also make it stronger. That's why a lot of girls say their hair strand is thicker/stronger after they do a protein treatment.

hannan, i definately agree with you! I had a major hair loss in June and i have been using Chi kertain spray and doinf protein treatments every week. My hair is getting thicker and growing back.

NJoy

Here I grow again!
MC Biotin has always been a staple for me...erm, but I'm not natural tho. Just wanted to chime in too. :look:

Krystle~Hime

NJoy no matter your hair type :) how do you use it ? daily as a leave in, as a cowash, bi-monthly as a deep treatment? is it really so runny? so thin?

JeterCrazed

Thank you, @Krystle~Hime!! I will be getting that Keratin Treatment ASAP!! Hopefully it will complete my list of staples so I can be DONE.

ETA: I was gonna get this one... Hmmm....:scratchch
Water, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Keratin, Hydrolyzed Keratin, Panthenol, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Equisetum Hiemale Extract, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Hydrolyzed Wheat Starch, Butylene Glycol, Stearalkonium Chloride, Dicetyldimonium Chloride, Polyquaternium-7, Polyquaternium-59, Silicone Quaternium-16, Undeceth-11, Undeceth-5, Butyloctanol, Ceteareth-20, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, Fragrance

Last edited:

NJoy

Here I grow again!
@NJoy no matter your hair type :) how do you use it ? daily as a leave in, as a cowash, bi-monthly as a deep treatment? is it really so runny? so thin?

I cowash with it. Have been since I started. I don't think it's runny. It may not be as thick as some but, it's not runny.

greight

You are so right! :yep:

I'm high porosity, fine hair and I use Duo Tex weekly without DC. I use moisturizing leave-ins with no protein so it balances itself out. I don't have as much breakage and my strands are strong.

I'll check in with the above conditioners, though! I'm not a fan of Aphogee 2 min... I need something stronger (hence DuoTex).

Krystle~Hime

Krystle~Hyme I haven't tried it yet but I just bought the reconstructor from Giovanni, it's pretty cheap and easy to find at natural food stores if you're still looking for natural alternatives:
http://www.vitacost.com/Giovanni-Nutrafix-Hair-Reconstructor-Eco-Chic-Technology

Zaz, didn't seen your comment. I've once in the past thought about purchase this. but when I looked about the ingredients it seems that the only protein is soybean protein, and this one is very light, enough light that this giovanni product can be used, IMO, as a protein leave in.
but tell me your "one month" review please.

Ive found my natural protein alternative : added manually hyrolysed wheat protein by powder form in my DC/masks. it brings strength to my hair and if I want an heavy treatment I just have to put more powder :lick: :yep: very easy.

sometimes I add rice protein but I seriously think that the wheat protein is more strengthening than the silk & the rice proteins one.