Best Combs for Long Relaxed Hair

Raine054

Is there any comb that works really well with detangling longer relaxed hai?. I think I am just about WL and also 5 months post and my hair is a monster to comb. I can't comb straight back because its too far down for me to comb and when I comb to the sides and bull it back the middle section of my hair tangles (I have always had easily tangled hair).

With my new growth I can feel the amount of pressure I am putting on my hair and I am losing a lot of hair in the process....

Any ideas?

Frostipuff

1.The above can be found @ http://www.hairsense.com/combs.htm

2.http://www.hotcombs.net/products/Magic-Star-Jumbo-Rake.html ( use this one in the shower to detangle with my hair drenched with conditioner )

They are all seamless but the bone combs ( pictured above ) are a natural material and not recommended for continual use on wet or damp hair.

HTH

I have the smaller of the two combs. I love it and highly recommend it
for detangling, combing out wet hair, or daily use. Love it! It won't disappoint you.

Angelicus

My Jilbere shower comb really gets the job done. I use the SilkComb rattail comb with no problem when I am roller setting my hair.

Raine054

Thanks so much ladies. How are you guys enjoying the bone combs. I use a version similar to the ace rubber comb and I can hair my hair snap.... ugggh

dachsies_rule!

I have both of the bone combs Mrs BHF posted and they are wonderful. I've been experiencing less breakage since i started using them. As far as combing, i've found that if i pull my hair over my shoulder to the front it is easier to comb w/o tangling...i'm relaxed about 3 inches to WL.

Kellum

I use the Conair Shower comb and the Mebco comb. Both work really well. The Mebco can get tangles that my Conair misses. I only uses them in the shower with my hair fully drenched with conditioner.

hairdrama:{

I use the Conair Shower comb and the Mebco comb. Both work really well. The Mebco can get tangles that my Conair misses. I only uses them in the shower with my hair fully drenched with conditioner.

This is the one I use as well.......:yep:

aquajoyice

I hear that Bone combs work really well. I used to live by my Jilbere shower comb. But i'm currently stuck on my Ouidad double detangling comb. This thing gets the job done fast and easy. It's pricey but I now detangle in half the time and barely have any hair come out. Which to me is a really big deal. Here's a pic of what it looks like. There is also a thread about it of you want more info.

Attachments

• ouidad 2.jpg
    ouidad 2.jpg
    4.2 KB · Views: 185
  • ouidad.jpg
    ouidad.jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 9

brittanynic16

I think a pick is the best for detangling straight hair. Because of the way you hold it it doesn't snag the hair like a regular comb. I have a shower comb and seamless comb but the pick works best.

Solitude

Okay, just a note on the bone combs...*disclaimer* just my experience

I ordered two seamless combs from hairsense and I don't like them at all. The rattail comb is very jagged, especially the bottom (handle part). I can't use the tail to part my hair, or it will snag the hair.

I have the "detangler" in that second picture and the teeth are too sharp for my wet or dry hair. I've stopped using both of them - basically wasted $30. They work well for a lot of people, but they really didn't work for me. I was, however, using both on wet hair (rattail for rolleresetting - other one for detangling). It seems like a comb called "detangler" should be able to be used on wet hair...

After reading the above posts, I see that I may have been mis-using it, but I lost a lot of hair when I lose very little with the Jilbere, the fake bone combs from Wal-Mart, or metal combs.....I should have done more research.

MilkChocolateOne

Okay, just a note on the bone combs...*disclaimer* just my experience

I ordered two seamless combs from hairsense and I don't like them at all. The rattail comb is very jagged, especially the bottom (handle part). I can't use the tail to part my hair, or it will snag the hair.

I have the "detangler" in that second picture and the teeth are too sharp for my wet or dry hair. I've stopped using both of them - basically wasted $30. They work well for a lot of people, but they really didn't work for me. I was, however, using both on wet hair (rattail for rolleresetting - other one for detangling). It seems like a comb called "detangler" should be able to be used on wet hair...

After reading the above posts, I see that I may have been mis-using it, but I lost a lot of hair when I lose very little with the Jilbere, the fake bone combs from Wal-Mart, or metal combs.....I should have done more research.

I don't like the bone combs from hairsense. They snag my hair.

MilkChocolateOne

Here's another option for people who do not want to order combs online. I've seen this comb at walmart, target, kmart, drug stores and some super markets. It's the Goody So Gelous detangling comb. It has rounded teeth and it doesn't snag. I use this one often on wet, dry or damp hair.

Last edited:

Raine054

I liked the conair comb for the first week but after a while the oils I was applying to my scalp caused the little bulbs at the end of the teeth to loosen and my hair was getting caught in it.

Kellum

I liked the conair comb for the first week but after a while the oils I was applying to my scalp caused the little bulbs at the end of the teeth to loosen and my hair was getting caught in it.

Really, wow I have had mine for a while and that has never happened. Hmm I will be sure and look out for that.

myronnie

Ah! These are the two combs that I use!!
I have midback length hair and I only come once a week. The shower comb is alright but I find that I still have a lot of shed hairs that I have to "pull out" after I get out the shower. The Mebco comb is a little scary looking but it effectively detangles the hair, getting out a good majority of the shed hairs that can cause tangles.
I can even use the mebco gently out of the shower without significant pulling..it's really great!