I think I'm looking at 2" of NG for March!

NJoy

Here I grow again!
Am I looking at 2" of NG?! I did a touch up on my relaxer on 3/2 and tried to texlax. The back half of my head fully processed and started to tingle, as I was taking my time trying not to overlap with previously relaxed hair. (I didn't know that was a problem til LHCF :blush:. I used to overlap all of my hair after applying to NG just to make sure it was all straight. How do I still have hair, lawd? :nono:) Anyway, I knew that I washed the front out too early (working from back to front) because the back was already tingling by the time I got there. It came out sort of crazy having two textures so I figured I'd only use the back portion of my head to track and then do a corrective relaxer on the front with my next touch up.

Debating whether to do a progress shot or not, I thought I'd use my fingers to guestimate NG amount instead. I was saying it was about an inch. Hubby said no way. We got out a measuring tape and found that it was 2" of NG near the back.

And just to be sure I'm not crazy (because I felt crazy writing this), I also took a pic of hair in the front. I am able to tell the difference between NG, the texlaxed and the relaxed ~that's 3 separate textures on one section of hair. I put up a napkin behind to help show the differences in texture. Let me know what you think. Am I looking at 2" of NG? :lick: (I don't know how big thumbnails will be so, I'm adding the pics to my progress album too).

Attachments

• CIMG0500-1.jpg
    CIMG0500-1.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 227
  • CIMG0494-2.jpg
    CIMG0494-2.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 207
  • CIMG0482-2.jpg
    CIMG0482-2.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 196
  • CIMG0465-1.jpg
    CIMG0465-1.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 250
  • front pic.jpg
    front pic.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 249

Rapunzel*

congrats op
tell us how you got that good growth

NJoy

Here I grow again!
congrats op
tell us how you got that good growth

Congratulations! What the heck have you been doing?:drunk:

Girl, you know what I've been doing. I'm in your sulfur challenge using my homemade mix and still taking my supplements. Upped my biotin to 10 mg. Got a steamer. Otherwise, nothing different. Course, I think I've always been moving along at a good pace. Never broke out a measuring tape tho.

Hairsnob

Deep Thinker
Well the pictures sure enough don't lie and you can obviously see how much longer it is in your siggy too. Your hair is growing like weeds!!!

Keep up the good work!!!

halee_J

Don't worry be happy
Girl, you know what I've been doing. I'm in your sulfur challenge using my homemade mix and still taking my supplements. Upped my biotin to 10 mg. Got a steamer. Otherwise, nothing different. Course, I think I've always been moving along at a good pace. Never broke out a measuring tape tho.

Looks like 2" to me. Thats impressive. I really need to step up my supplement game...

NJoy

Here I grow again!

Oh, one other thing that Im doing that might be helping is to drink a daily protein drink. I couldn't hang with the egg shake so, I started drinking Carnation Essentials Breakfast Drink. It has 2x the protein of an egg, 2x the calcium of yogurt, B Vitamins and iron, among other things. Sounded like a hair tonic to me. I'm not saying that it's having and impact but I can't say that it's not helping either.

Just sharing.

yardyspice

Bumping because your tips are very helpful:
1. you drink Carnation shake for breakfast
2. you are taking supplements including biotin (10 mg)
3. you steam your hair
4. you are exercising
5. you are using sulfur
6. you are protective styling

Sounds like a winning combination to me!!!!!

fattyfatfat

you know....I did see a commercial about this and I thought about purchasing it.

Oh, one other thing that Im doing that might be helping is to drink a daily protein drink. I couldn't hang with the egg shake so, I started drinking Carnation Essentials Breakfast Drink. It has 2x the protein of an egg, 2x the calcium of yogurt, B Vitamins and iron, among other things. Sounded like a hair tonic to me. I'm not saying that it's having and impact but I can't say that it's not helping either.

Just sharing.

Last edited:

NJoy

Here I grow again!
Bumping because your tips are very helpful:
1. you drink Carnation shake for breakfast
2. you are taking supplements including biotin (10 mg)
3. you steam your hair
4. you are exercising
5. you are using sulfur
6. you are protective styling

Sounds like a winning combination to me!!!!!

Girl, I wish I could own up to exercising but, :nono:. I'm gonna start tho....one of these days. Of course, I've been saying this since before LHCF :blush: but...one of these days, I'm gonna be ON it! :grin:

NJoy

Here I grow again!
you know....I did see a commercial about this and I thought about purchasing it.

I think it's good stuff and it tastes like chocolate milk. But I gotta say, it makes me feel a little gassy for awhile. :look: But after seeing a verifiable 2 inches, uh...I'm not changing a thing! I think the milk is doing it tho. I think I'll try soymilk or lactaid and see if that helps. :look:

fattyfatfat

so you purchased the powder version. how much is that one?

I think it's good stuff and it tastes like chocolate milk. But I gotta say, it makes me feel a little gassy for awhile. :look: But after seeing a verifiable 2 inches, uh...I'm not changing a thing! I think the milk is doing it tho. I think I'll try soymilk or lactaid and see if that helps. :look:

NJoy

Here I grow again!
so you purchased the powder version. how much is that one?

I buy the can that has 14 servings in it for about six bucks. Add milk and that's less that fifty cents a serving. :grin: And, shoot. When you read the packaging, it just sounds like a hair tonic to me. I'm sticking with it.

fattyfatfat

do you HAVE to add milk to the can or do you just add it on your own?

I buy the can that has 14 servings in it for about six bucks. Add milk and that's less that fifty cents a serving. :grin: And, shoot. When you read the packaging, it just sounds like a hair tonic to me. I'm sticking with it.

NJoy

Here I grow again!
do you HAVE to add milk to the can or do you just add it on your own?

By "can" I mean the container of powder. They do sell premixed cans that you can just crack open and drink. That's too tempting for my kids to drink up. :lachen: So the powder stores best for me.

fattyfatfat

oh ok! I think Ill get the ones to just open and drink!

By "can" I mean the container of powder. They do sell premixed cans that you can just crack open and drink. That's too tempting for my kids to drink up. :lachen: So the powder stores best for me.

fattyfatfat

I was able to find the Carnation Essentials Breakfast drink, but it said it had only 5g of protein. I wanted a little more than that so I ended up at the Vitamin Shop and purchased a chocolate protein powder.

NJoy

Here I grow again!
I was able to find the Carnation Essentials Breakfast drink, but it said it had only 5g of protein. I wanted a little more than that so I ended up at the Vitamin Shop and purchased a chocolate protein powder.

Yeah. I hear ya. The drink was a substitute for the "egg shake" that I was doing for the "drink your way to wsl challenge". One raw egg added to a morning smoothie.. :nono: Carnation says 2x the protein of "an egg". I'm too inactive for a high protein diet. I don't want to gain weight. :nono:

fattyfatfat

The vitamin shop powder I have is 18g of protein. Not too bad. If I gain weight, thats a plus!

Yeah. I hear ya. The drink was a substitute for the "egg shake" that I was doing for the "drink your way to wsl challenge". One raw egg added to a morning smoothie.. :nono: Carnation says 2x the protein of "an egg". I'm too inactive for a high protein diet. I don't want to gain weight. :nono:

Hairsnob

Deep Thinker

After you mentioned the Carnation protein drink I looked up the ingredients and unfortunatley I can't use it because of the artificial sweetener in it. The gassiness you have may be because of the Sucralose or Sorbitol in it. I was up here thinking I was lactose intolerant when I was drinking the Special K protein drinks but it wasn't the milk, it was those artificial sweeteners. So now I just have to know to stay FAR away from those ingredients if I want to keep my friends :nono:

I don't blame you for switching 2 inches for the gas but I work waaaay too close to other people and I don't think they'd like me too much if I drank that :blush:

NJoy

Here I grow again!
After you mentioned the Carnation protein drink I looked up the ingredients and unfortunatley I can't use it because of the artificial sweetener in it. The gassiness you have may be because of the Sucralose or Sorbitol in it. I was up here thinking I was lactose intolerant when I was drinking the Special K protein drinks but it wasn't the milk, it was those artificial sweeteners. So now I just have to know to stay FAR away from those ingredients if I want to keep my friends :nono:

I don't blame you for switching 2 inches for the gas but I work waaaay too close to other people and I don't think they'd like me too much if I drank that :blush:

:lachen::lachen::lachen:TOO funny! Yeah, I started working from home more so that I can tend to my hair obsession. If I had to work around others, I might have to rethink it too. Thanks for that info tho. That's good to know. I'm going to start working out soon (....er...eventually). And when I do, I'll probably opt for a higher protein breakfast.