Poka's video debut.

Irresistible

Well most of the time I put a band around my roots to keep them sleek, like this....http://public.fotki.com/Pokahontas/2008/fat-twist-out!!/twists004.html but I realize everyone might not want to do that so if you start out the twist just like I did in the vid (with the three strands) it will stay very well like that too (better than 2 strand).

Good luck and be prepared to sit there twisting for a while, lol. They are much more time consuming but worth it.

Oh, here's a pic of the results....http://public.fotki.com/Pokahontas/2008/random-pics-1/s6300848.html It's a bad shot but I was running late so I just snapped it.
OHHHH its so pretty! :yep:

Nonie

OK, so I also undid a couple of braids and did the 3-strand and then the 2-strand that I am more familiar with.

It's obvious I need a lot of practice because not only did the 3-strand turn out messy-looking, but it also felt very awkward to do. I honestly didn't think it would hold. I mean, it feels as if all you're doing is wrapping one section of hair around the other two and so one--kinda made me think of a little kid trying to braid but not having a clue how--so yes, I was VERY SURPRISED that it actually holds.

Don't know if it holds better than my two-strand twist or the same. A wash might help determine that, but my fringe is made of 2-strand twists and I've washed my hair 4 times since I put them in and they are still holding and looking as good as new. I'd be afraid to wash the 3-strand just yet coz I had trouble trying to keep the hair sections separate so I have no doubt it'd be a tangled mess.

Twisting each section the opposite way before wrapping them around each other the way I do in 2-strand twists seems to keep my hair tangle-free. Which is why I have never had any trouble with knots, et cetera, when I wash or undo my twists.

Oh one other thing, the 3-strand twist hung longer than the 2-strand.:yep: I am guessing not twisting each strand first helped keep the hair stretched

Anyway, here's a comparison (Need I tell you which one is the 3-strand? :lachen: )

Attachments

• 3-strand vs 2-strand twists.jpg
    3-strand vs 2-strand twists.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:

Nonie

Pokahontas, you do a fantastic job. :notworthy Love how smooth and neat your twists look.

ETA: OMG I can't undo my 3-strand twist.... Panic galore! :crazy:This does confirm that it holds well. Maybe a little too well. *sniff* :crazy:

OK, no rush, Nonie.Breathe...

Took me about a minute to do and 2 minutes have gone by while I am trying to undo w/o ripping my hair.(My problem is my strands are wrapped around each other in a way I'm not used to, so I am so scared I'm gonna have tangles or knots. :whyme: Maybe the fact that I don't use leave in products complicates this?

Anyway, I guess I'ma have to pass on the 3-strand twists. I's a chicken. :hide:

ETA: All's well, 4 or so minutes later. Just need to finger comb. At least I tried. :ohwell:

Last edited:

Irresistible

OK, so I also undid a couple of braids and did the 3-strand and then the 2-strand that I am more familiar with.

It's obvious I need a lot of practice because not only did the 3-strand turn out messy-looking, but it also felt very awkward to do. I honestly didn't think it would hold. I mean, it feels as if all you're doing is wrapping one section of hair around the other two and so one--kinda made me think of a little kid trying to braid but not having a clue how--so yes, I was VERY SURPRISED that it actually holds.

Don't know if it holds better than my two-strand twist or the same. A wash might help determine that, but my fringe is made of 2-strand twists and I've washed my hair 4 times since I put them in and they are still holding and looking as good as new. I'd be afraid to wash the 3-strand just yet coz I had trouble trying to keep the hair sections separate so I have no doubt it'd be a tangled mess.

Twisting each section the opposite way before wrapping them around each other the way I do in 2-strand twists seems to keep my hair tangle-free. Which is why I have never had any trouble with knots, et cetera, when I wash or undo my twists.

Oh one other thing, the 3-strand twist hanged longer than the 2-strand.:yep: I am guessing not twisting each strand first helped keep the hair stretched

Anyway, here's a comparison (Need I tell you which one is the 3-strand? :lachen: )
:lachen: well the two stand looks lovely!

Irresistible

Pokahontas, you do a fantastic job. :notworthy Love how smooth and neat your twists look.

ETA: OMG I can't undo my 3-strand twist.... Panic galore! :crazy:This does confirm that it holds well. Maybe a little too well. *sniff* :crazy:

OK, no rush, Nonie.Breathe...

Took me about a minute to do and 2 minutes have gone by while I am trying to undo w/o ripping my hair.(My problem is my strands are wrapped around each other in a way I'm not used to, so I am so scared I'm gonna have tangles or knots. :whyme: Maybe the fact that I don't use leave in products complicates this?

Anyway, I guess I'ma have to pass on the 3-strand twists. I's a chicken. :hide:

ETA: All's well, 4 or so minutes later. Just need to finger comb. At least I tried. :ohwell:

:lachen: girl I can just see u in that panic, your so silly!

Patricia

You go girl. I couldn't hear the video but I understood the concept. I'm happy for you. Movie star in the making! Very talented with your hair.

sunshinne368

Well thank you poka for the video! Today I tried the 3-strand twist vs doing my normal 2-strand. I do like the 3-strand, however it took me forever! The back of my head took the longest, by the time I got to the front, I was on a roll! I will compare it to how long my 2-strand twist last! Keep up the good work!

200AndOne

I never could figure out before what a 3 strand twist was and why it wasn't just a braid :ohwell: - thanks for sharing! you did a good job!

wavezncurlz

LHCF addict
I know this is an old thread but do you still have the video? I'd love to see it. I saw the results and it looks lovely!

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
I know this is an old thread but do you still have the video? I'd love to see it. I saw the results and it looks lovely!

Yes but that video was whack, lol. I'll try to make another one since u asked. I've been trying to figure out what to make videos of.