Sareca and Aggie...Spill the beans on the Biolage ceramides whatchamacallits

Aggie

Aggie, quick question. Do you rinse the Cera formula off your hair prior to adding the DC or do you just add the DC on top of the Cera formula.

Thanks

I do it both ways actually. When I am short on time, I combine the ceramide with my DC which isn't very often so most times I rinse the ceramide out then DC. My hair loves deep conditioning so I always do it, sometimes on dry hair and sometimes after pooing.

Aggie

errrmmm...so i just bought some of this stuff from www.ariva.com :look::perplexed:ohwell:
free shipping ladies!!(gotta justify it somehow)...

Edit: I ordered the Hydra therapy when i meant to order the Fortifying on einsetad. I just called and asked them to switch them,but just in case,what does each one do?

I actually have both of them. If you can get both then it would not be a waste of money. The reason is that the hydratherapie nourishes and softens dry hair; it repairs the cuticle of the hair reducing breakage for long-lasting strength; it has vitamin E acetate, green tea and aloe vera in it which conditions and leave the hair soft, shiny and manageable.

The fortetherapie on the other hand, conditions and strengthens weak overworked and chemically distressed hair. It also repairs the cuticle of the hair thereby reducing breakage for long-lasting strength; it has vitamin B3, ginseng and mango to help revitalize the hair, leaving it strengthened, shiny, smooth and silky.

They both have a unique blend of protein, ceramide and citrus botanicals. HTH girls.

clmacky

has anyone heard of Kerastase Resistance Concentre Vita-Ciment Ritual it's very similar to Biolage cera-repair.

ajenee

Just wanted to give another thanks again to everyone. I did my first treatment tonite and my hair was so soft and it feels a lot better. I deep conditioned w/the hydra therapie w/ heat for 30 mins and then again w/ Aubrey Org. Jojoba and Aloe Desert:grin:

sunshinebeautiful

I went into Trade Secrets yesterday to buy some hair products and asked the saleslady about these treatments. She told me that they are indeed good. And their salon does the treatments, but they don't sell to the public. When I inquired about how much they are, she told me $12, so I may go in and get myself a treatment soon. They sound wonderful!

Aggie

I went into Trade Secrets yesterday to buy some hair products and asked the saleslady about these treatments. She told me that they are indeed good. And their salon does the treatments, but they don't sell to the public. When I inquired about how much they are, she told me $12, so I may go in and get myself a treatment soon. They sound wonderful!

Hi Sunshinebeautiful, if you purchase products online, you can get the whole box of 5 tubes at home treatments for only $11.50 per box on cosmeticmagic.com, You can also find them on www.ariva.com. Here's the link for cosmeticmagic.com:

http://www.cosmeticmagic.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWCATS&Category=205

On Ariva.com they cost almost $4.00 more per box. My next order I think I will get the Biolage volumatherapie for thickness. They only have the professional version of the Volumatherapie which cost a lot more but I guess I'll have to get it.

So you see, instead of getting just one treatment at the salon for $12.00, you can get 5 at home treatments for the same money.

Last edited:

Jetblackhair

Cosmeticmagic.com was out of the Hydratherapie in home Cera-repair treatment :angry2:. I ended up ordering from www.Ariva.com ($14.95) which has free shipping and no tax!:grin:

Last edited:

It~Can~Grow

I don't know if anyone (besides me :grin:) was looking for the Pro formula, but sleek hair has the pro for $23 (10 applications)

http://www.sleekhair.com/16366.html

ajenee

I was on shoplift.com and they have the pro hydratherapie for 10.99. (shipping was 8.00:nono:)I ordered some and will let everyone know if it is the pro one or not

Aggie

I don't know if anyone (besides me :grin:) was looking for the Pro formula, but sleek hair has the pro for $23 (10 applications)

http://www.sleekhair.com/16366.html

Oooh, I shop on sleekhair.com and they are a great company to sdhop with. I like shopping there. I got all of my Kenra and Nexxus products from this site. Never had a problem. I will order my Biolage from them as well and the prices are not so bad either.

MrsBKJ

WHY OH WHY did I come back in here...
I have seen them on eBay but will not buy till I have gotten rid of more stuff...arrgghhhhh £14.99 for 10 apps of the stuff plus P&P
but its no matter....

*sigh*

Uzz

Oceanfox

Thanks to all the raves I've bought these from ebay myself. I look forward to using one of the Pro4 fortetherapie vials at the weekend. I've been using Phyto index 2 and my hair's been breaking off big time. Hoping some of the advice I've got from the boards recently will help to rescue my hair.

RachiQue, yes I succumbed to the £14.99 price on ebay. Delivery was very quick though.

Karen

Aggie

WHY OH WHY did I come back in here...
I have seen them on eBay but will not buy till I have gotten rid of more stuff...arrgghhhhh £14.99 for 10 apps of the stuff plus P&P
but its no matter....

*sigh*

Uzz

Rachique, this was so funny. Good to see you in here though.

Oceanfox

Hi RachiQue

I got the forte one. Seems like this will strengthen without making my hair too hard and brittle.

Karen

ajenee

Okay so I got my order from shoplift.com today and it was the pro hydra. I can't wait to try it.

Aggie

Here's a link to some scientific information on the value of ceramides on our hair:-

http://sciencelinks.jp/j-east/article/200018/000020001800A0643842.php

Apparently they are lipids (fats) that actually protect our hair from losing their much needed proteins and they hold/retain moisture in the cuticle of the hair. This really sounds like I will keeping these as a staple forever.

Believe it or not, but a lot of beauty companies like Elizabeth Arden for example, are now putting ceramides in beauty products to retain the moisture level in our skin thereby reducing wrinkles. So now I'll be looking for it in my beauty creams and serums.

Enjoy ladies.

MrsBKJ

Hi RachiQue

I got the forte one. Seems like this will strengthen without making my hair too hard and brittle.

Karen

Hey girl
Thanks, did you say you have breakage from Phyto? I use Phyto II also but luckily I dont have breakage so would anybody still recommend using this or one of the other ones?

Thanks

Here's a link to some scientific information on the value of ceramides on our hair:-

http://sciencelinks.jp/j-east/article/200018/000020001800A0643842.php

Apparently they are lipids (fats) that actually protect our hair from losing their much needed proteins and they hold/retain moisture in the cuticle of the hair. This really sounds like I will keeping these as a staple forever.

Believe it or not, but a lot of beauty companies like Elizabeth Arden for example, are now putting ceramides in beauty products to retain the moisture level in our skin thereby reducing wrinkles. So now I'll be looking for it in my beauty creams and serums.

Enjoy ladies.

Yes I have seen ceramides in beauty products more than I have seen them in hair products.
Thanks for the link I shall read it now.

Uzz

Kacie

FYI, Trade Secret does carry these. I purchased some a couple of months ago, if I remember corrrectly it costs $12 a box.

ETA: It was $14.95 for 5- .5 oz. tubes.

Last edited:

hOnii

I was on shoplift.com and they have the pro hydratherapie for 10.99. (shipping was 8.00:nono:)I ordered some and will let everyone know if it is the pro one or not

dang, they rose the price! i should have bought it the other day like i was going to!! :sad:

ajenee

I liked it . I had to use a couple of bottles though w/the at home version I only used one tube