PHOTO-RESULTS only

CurliDiva

a PHOTO is worth a thousand words, right?

UPDATE:
Please give a timeframe for your growth photos.......

Could we compile a thread with just “before and after photos” as proven results of your hair growth methods/regimen!

Actual PROOF photos tend to get lost in many threads.

This is not the place to debate if growth aides work, the merits of any one method or products, nor a place for folks to talk about how they tried something for a few days and then gave it up.

I don’t care if your increased growth is from head stands (inversion method), green house or bagging, ceramides, vitamins, wigs or weaves, lady-parts cream, or horse shampoo……please just post the PHOTOS – before, during, after photos - with why you think X worked for you!

TIA,

Last edited:

VictoriousBrownFlower

Before

After

one year worth of growth using all natural products. To get here I used Chagrin Valley shampoo bars. Myhoneychild and Aubrey organics deep conditioners. Giovanni direct leave in or Kinky curly knot today. And sealed with hemp seed butter.

I've been using all natural products since I went natural 2 yrs ago. I cut down to here

Beamodel

Here is a picture from the beginning of my hair journey to now. For me, I would say moisturizing and sealing has helped me "retain" my length. Good deep conditioning and protein treatments.

I have used growth aids as well but I'm so flaky with them.

Attachments

• image-3740500957.jpg
    image-3740500957.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 461
  • image-3621985684.jpg
    image-3621985684.jpg
    176.6 KB · Views: 469
Last edited:

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
Before

http://s146.photobucket.com/user/BronxJazzy/media/DSC09834.jpg.html

After

http://s146.photobucket.com/user/BronxJazzy/media/b432093e-3147-44b1-8afe-a05b13d8128a.jpg.html

one year worth of growth using all natural products. To get here I used Chagrin Valley shampoo bars. Myhoneychild and Aubrey organics deep conditioners. Giovanni direct leave in or Kinky curly knot today. And sealed with hemp seed butter.

I've been using all natural products since I went natural 2 yrs ago. I cut down to here
http://s146.photobucket.com/user/BronxJazzy/media/4471737f-6206-4aa7-a66a-9522b4fcc6fc.jpg.html

Your hair is lovely. I think you might be my hair twin bc your BC hair looks just like mines except my hair is fine. Thanks for sharing.

HPG

Don't judge...Sent from my Galaxy Note II using LHCF

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
Here is a picture from the beginning of my hair journey to now. For me, I would say moisturizing and sealing has helped me "retain" my length. Good deep conditioning and protein treatments.

I have used growth aids as well but I'm so flaky with them.

You have some gr8 retention girly. Very nice hair btw.

HPG

shasha8685

Attached is where I started, my siggy is where I am now.

Attachments

• 40566_567740501944_1903712_n.jpg
    40566_567740501944_1903712_n.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 304
Long time lurker here, first time poster. You wonderful ladies have helped me out a lot with finding a pretty simple reggie that seems to be working very well for me while I'm in the process of transitioning to fully natural.

I bun everyday and use S-Curl to keep my hair moisturized (also use oil with the S-Curl). I co-wash at least once a week, sometimes more, and use shampoo very sparingly and have only used heat in my hair 5x since January of 2012. The "after" pic is after cutting my hair twice to cut out the relaxed ends (still have about 3 - 4 inches left).

Before pic is January of 2012. After was taken today. Hair grows slow, but it's growing so I'm happy :grin:.

Attachments

• Before.jpg
    Before.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 523
  • After.jpg
    After.jpg
    215.4 KB · Views: 589

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
a PHOTO is worth a thousand words, right?

Could we compile a thread with just “before and after photos” as proven results of your hair growth methods/regimen!

Actual PROOF photos tend to get lost in many threads.

This is not the place to debate if growth aides work, the merits of any one method or products, nor a place for folks to talk about how they tried something for a few days and then gave it up.

I don’t care if your increased growth is from head stands (inversion method), green house or bagging, ceramides, vitamins, wigs or weaves, lady-parts cream, or horse shampoo……please just post the PHOTOS – before, during, after photos - with why you think X worked for you!

TIA,

I'm really enjoying this thread.

HPG

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
Long time lurker here, first time poster. You wonderful ladies have helped me out a lot with finding a pretty simple reggie that seems to be working very well for me while I'm in the process of transitioning to fully natural.

I bun everyday and use S-Curl to keep my hair moisturized (also use oil with the S-Curl). I co-wash at least once a week, sometimes more, and use shampoo very sparingly and have only used heat in my hair 5x since January of 2012. The "after" pic is after cutting my hair twice to cut out the relaxed ends (still have about 3 - 4 inches left).

Before pic is January of 2012. After was taken today. Hair grows slow, but it's growing so I'm happy :grin:.

That's what you call slow? Lol I'll take it. You have some beautiful hair.

HPG

That's what you call slow? Lol I'll take it. You have some beautiful hair.

HPG

Thank you so much! This is the longest and thickest my hair has ever been. I will be eternally grateful that I saw a link to this this site last year while looking at Black Hair Media for details on how to self-install a lace front.

TopShelf

Sewing & Growing Gamma Gal
2011....a year after bc:

sometime in 2011

september 2013:

I think braiding my own hair combined with daily cowashing really helped with moisture and thus retention. Also, dye helped to open up my cuticles which were very low porosity. I am a slow grower and I have had some setbacks from allowing others to straighten my hair. Now I straighten myself.

Last edited:

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
First and third are end of December last year...so 10 months ago. Second and fourth are after, which were taken today. I hope to retain between one and 3 more inches by the end of the year. :yep:

I ps in twist updos 99% of the time, no heat. I have been using sulfur as a growth aid since March of this year. I tried MN from January until March. I will try MN again to close out this year because I feel it gave me good results. I think my scalp is getting used to the sulfur. I believe I am a slow grower, but the growth aids and psing have helped me grow/retain a good amount.

Attachments

• IMG_0220.jpg
    IMG_0220.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 320
  • 20131028_183958.jpg
    20131028_183958.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 269
  • IMG_0228.jpg
    IMG_0228.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 272
  • 20131028_183418.jpg
    20131028_183418.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 299

tiffjust2002

Here is mine. It's kinda old though now my hair is a bit longer than the last pic. My reggie is simple and not set in stone so I probably won't be of much help. But I shampoo once a week or once every two weeks but that's pushing it. I co-wash when I am lazy and don't feel like shampooing but my hair needs to be wet. I deep condition when I feel my hair needs no set schedule. I let the conditioner sit for 30-60 min with some sort of heat. I use heat every now and then and the only thing that stays consistent is I protective style my hair about 90% of the time. I love buns and updo's.

The only products I use regularly are Aussie Moist 3 min miracle for my deep conditioner and Eco Styler Olive Oil Gel. Everything else (shampoo, leave-in, styler) changes often.

32614039-0e66-42a5-8a2c-81847ac91848wallpaper.jpg

VictoriousBrownFlower

Here is mine. It's kinda old though now my hair is a bit longer than the last pic. My reggie is simple and not set in stone so I probably won't be of much help. But I shampoo once a week or once every two weeks but that's pushing it. I co-wash when I am lazy and don't feel like shampooing but my hair needs to be wet. I deep condition when I feel my hair needs no set schedule. I let the conditioner sit for 30-60 min with some sort of heat. I use heat every now and then and the only thing that stays consistent is I protective style my hair about 90% of the time. I love buns and updo's.

The only products I use regularly are Aussie Moist 3 min miracle for my deep conditioner and Eco Styler Olive Oil Gel. Everything else (shampoo, leave-in, styler) changes often.

View attachment 231369
Whatever your doing its working. You have beautiful hair. And have made wonderful progress.

CurliDiva

Thanks so much for sharing!

Also, giving the timeframe along with your growth regimen and photos is very encouraging :)

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
2011....a year after bc:

sometime in 2011

september 2013:

I think braiding my own hair combined with daily cowashing really helped with moisture and thus retention. Also, dye helped to open up my cuticles which were very low porosity. I am a slow grower and I have had some setbacks from allowing others to straighten my hair. Now I straighten myself.

Love it!

HPG

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
First and third are end of December last year...so 10 months ago. Second and fourth are after, which were taken today. I hope to retain between one and 3 more inches by the end of the year. :yep:

I ps in twist updos 99% of the time, no heat. I have been using sulfur as a growth aid since March of this year. I tried MN from January until March. I will try MN again to close out this year because I feel it gave me good results. I think my scalp is getting used to the sulfur. I believe I am a slow grower, but the growth aids and psing have helped me grow/retain a good amount.

That's some wonderful growth for 10 months.

HPG

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.

Think I just passed out....your hair is gorgeous!

HPG

Trini_Chutney

Peeing in my shower
Here are mine

WNGs from 2012:

Flat iron (June 2013):

Twistout from this weekend:

My regimen is low manipulation. I wear WNGs most of the time and sometimes I do twist outs, buns, or use my hairsticks for an updo. For my WNGs and twistouts I pineapple my hair at night to maintain the style. I also sleep with a satin pillowcase and moisturize as needed. I don't use sulfates, and I only use cones when I flat iron. I used to henna every couple of months, but I haven't done that in almost a year.

My staples are:

Darcy's pumpkinseed conditioner
B.A.S.K. palm tapioca and plantain spice butter (for sealing)
Oyin burnt sugar pomade (for sealing) and hairdew
Curl junkie argan oil conditione and daily fix
Shea moisture curl enhancing smoothing and purification mask
Shescentit marshmallow herbal hair cream
Vo5 mosture milks
Tresemme Naturals conditioner
Creme of Nature argan oil shampoo
Eco styler gel
Uncle funky's curly magic

***I also took viviscal for about 6 months and that worked really well for me. I only stopped because I got pregnant. I plan to start again after I have the baby and am finished breastfeeding.

Last edited: