Classic to Mid-Thigh Length 2011 Challenge

yamilee21

Mz.MoMo5235 What oil keeps mosquitoes away? I'm getting devoured this summer; you would think I was in the middle of the jungle instead of the city!

And yes, in that saree, I imagine the local folk think you must be one of them, :lol. Sounds like you are having quite an experience so far. :)

BostonMaria

News and Stuff for the Day! Tuesday, July 26th

Can I touch it? The fascination with African American Hair

http://edition.cnn.com/2011/LIVING/07/25/touching.natural.black.hair/

Black Women's Hair Ain't Public Property
http://shakespearessister.blogspot.com/2011/07/black-womens-hair-aint-public-property.html

My Hair Grew Long by Accident
http://www.black-hair-report.com/my-hair-grew-on-accident.html

Happy Hair Growing!:grin:

:fairy:

I liked the "I grew my hair long by accident" but her hair is short so I'm confused. Maybe I've been on this board too long LOL

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Candy828

I liked the "I grew my hair long by accident" but her hair is short so I'm confused. Maybe I've been on this board too long LOL

I was confused by that too... But I think the first picture by the title must be her with long hair... It would have been better for her to show all of her hair.:scratchch

SmilingElephant

Somebody posted the "Can I Touch It" article on Twitter yesterday. Very interesting. Honestly, I think some ppl think waaaay too deep about things. For me...if a white woman ASKED me if she could touch my hair I wouldn't be offended. I look at it as...she doesn't have what I have and is just being HUMAN and is curious.....not go off on her about how her ancestors owned my ancestors and blahhdy blah:nono:...to me, that doesn't empower us as a ppl. It makes us look even MORE sensitive.

I can't turn everything into a racist issue.

Now...on the situation about how the white woman tried to sneak a grab on the black woman's twist as she walked by...I still wouldn't make that a racist issue immediately...I just look at that as...okay: no home training, rude and just don't know how to act. She deserves to be snapped on. But I wouldn't say it was racist...depending on exactly how it went down.

Just my two Abe's.

NJoy

Here I grow again!

I agree. I don't think any of those pics show long hair. If the first pic was long then it would make sense, due to the nature of the post, to continue with long-haired pics, not the other way around. I mean a long-haired post would focus on long-haired pics. I think she did...based on what she feels is long. :perplexed

WyrdWay

Mz.MoMo5235 I know about oil and bugs :) I have all kinds of stuff for mosquitoes and fleas and all kinds of stuff :p

Its really interesting about the "special tradition Indian" hair care stuff we read about isn't something that everyone is using over there. I would suggest a library but I don't imagine that there would be any thing in there about hair specifically. I'm sure if you are going to find something you will defiantly find it within a year.

Don't forget to take some pictures of interesting architecture... I could use some design ideas for my house. ^_^

Mz.MoMo5235

Mz.MoMo5235 What oil keeps mosquitoes away? I'm getting devoured this summer; you would think I was in the middle of the jungle instead of the city!

And yes, in that saree, I imagine the local folk think you must be one of them, :lol. Sounds like you are having quite an experience so far. :)

thye use coconut oil out here but i've been using avons skin so soft bath oil diluted with water and put it in a spray bottle. when i'm out of that i'll be switching to the coconut oil.

even their bug sprays and lotions have oils in it, none of them have deet like in the us

Candy828

Tips for the Day! Wednesday, July 27th

Okay ladies.... lets just hang the dirt out there...:lol: We don't want the bacteria from our bonnets, pillows, pillowcases and bedding impeding our hair growth...:look: Let's clean it up!:laundry::love3:

How often should you replace your pillow?

http://lifethegreenway.blogspot.com/2011/03/pillow-talk-how-often-should-you.html

How often should you change your bedsheets?
http://thehousingforum.com/how-often-should-you-change-your-bed-sheets/

Top 8 Tips for Managing Your Curly Hair This Summer

http://www.wnem.com/story/15149857/top-8-tips-for-managing-your-curly-hair-this-summer

Happy Hair Growing!:grin:

:fairy:

SmilingElephant

Hey everyone. I was asked by our dear friend JupiterMoon aka CelinaStarr to tell you all she says goodbye and farewell. She's decided not to return to LHCF. :(

I'm sad now. :crying3:

Spring

Celina was kind and very helpful.... this is definitely a loss for a lot of us here. Celina you will be missed. :Rose: :rosebud: :Rose:

Last edited:

WyrdWay

Hey everyone. I was asked by our dear friend JupiterMoon aka CelinaStarr to tell you all she says goodbye and farewell. She's decided not to return to LHCF. :(

I'm sad now. :crying3:

Oh no. :( she was one of my first hair idols.
But you have to do what is best for you.
I will miss her too

Miss*Tress

Something went down and she ain't comin back. :ohwell: I don't know exactly what happened but she just wanted me to relay her msg.
Please let her know that she will be missed.
I understand that she may wish to be discreet, but if she's been bullied off the forum, I do hope she has reported the person to the forum owner and administrator. I hate the idea of bad-minded people chasing away someone as lovely and inspirational as Celina Starr. It should be the other way around.

NJoy

Here I grow again!
So sad how some spend their time tearing down instead of building up. I think if you're secure in who you are then there's no need to tear someone else down. *stepping off my soapbox*

Speaking of hair... (notice the smooth transition. :lachen:)

So, I was going to cosign FoxxyLock's post about not being able to do anything with her hair. I was finger detangling and oiling my hair last night and my hair was huge and I kept trying to smooth it down and wondered to myself, how am I going to tame this hair? Then it ocurred to me that I've been idolizing HairCrush's hair and how thick and lush it is, but I'm tripping because mine is big and thick too? Once it hit me that this is just how this much of my hair looks and it's getting full AND long (like HairCrush) I saw it differently, fluffed my hair a bit and pranced around hubby with my hair out. He LOVES it (!) but never really get to see it either. I lock myself away in the bathroom when I'm doing my hair so, he was excited to see all that hair out. So now, I've got a renewed attitude regarding my hair. I really was about to say enough is enough. Really. :look:

Ok, off to stalk HairCrush's videos to get some style ideas.

jupitermoon

Thank you. Luckily, I was able to come back. The thought of never being able to post in this thread again made me very sad. I would have really missed all of you wonderful ladies. :bighug:

Something went down and she ain't comin back. :ohwell: I don't know exactly what happened but she just wanted me to relay her msg.

To make a long story short I made the :dance7: but thankfully it was lifted. Everything's done and over with now. It's all in the past. Thank goodness. :yep:

@NJoy, HairCrush's hair is amazing and your hair is lovely too. You have a very nice blog.

How is everyone's hair? Nothing new with me. I'm still co washing once every 1-2 weeks. www.ketylo.com has new hair sticks.

jupitermoon

Any update? :look:

I think I have about an inch until my longest layers touch thigh length if I'm able to grow thigh length. I've read that most peoples' terminal length stops at classic. My hair's growing really slow now. I think I'm nearing the end. :lol:

Here's the length today:

^^^I just need an inch for top of thigh length and my hair grows about 0.5 inches a month. If I'm able to grow thigh length I should be there by the end of the year.

Old pics of growth:

August 2009 (a few months after getting the last of relaxed ends chopped off---transitioned for 3 years):

December 2009:

March 2010:

November 2010:

August 2009 versus August 2011:

Happy hair growing all! :)

Last edited:

NikkiQ

Okay....I'm not even supposed to come anywhere near this thread (I'm only SL),but when I saw that jupitermoon was back, I had to stop lurking and say something. Glad that you're back and your hair is AMAZING!!!! That's all. I'll go back to lurking again :sekret:

Lucia

Thank you. Luckily, I was able to come back. The thought of never being able to post in this thread again made me very sad. I would have really missed all of you wonderful ladies. :bighug:

To make a long story short I made the :dance7: but thankfully it was lifted. Everything's done and over with now. It's all in the past. Thank goodness. :yep:

@NJoy, HairCrush's hair is amazing and your hair is lovely too. You have a very nice blog.

How is everyone's hair? Nothing new with me. I'm still co washing once every 1-2 weeks. www.ketylo.com has new hair sticks.

Any update? :look:

I think I have about an inch until my longest layers touch thigh length if I'm able to grow thigh length. I've read that most peoples' terminal length stops at classic. My hair's growing really slow now. I think I'm nearing the end. :lol:

Here's the length today:

^^^I just need an inch for top of thigh length and my hair grows about 0.5 inches a month. If I'm able to grow thigh length I should be there by the end of the year.

Old pics of growth:

August 2009 (shortly after getting last of relaxed ends chopped off---transitioned for 3 years):

December 2009:

March 2010:

November 2010:

August 2009 versus August 2011:

Happy hair growing all! :)

YAAAAY!!!! your back, glad to see you back and with hair updates. :woohoo: :woot:

your hair is still growing congratz, it's inspiring and gorgeous

WyrdWay

I'm glad to see this thread a little more lively *_* This is one of my favorite hangouts.
I'm super happy you're back jupitermoon :D I hope the other longies get in here and update too!