LHCF: OFFICIAL "WHAT'S MY HAIR TYPE?" (typing thread:-)

GreenEyedJen

I have a question, does any naturals have hair that when pulled back wet or dry when taken down it looks like it has been blowed dried or flat ironed? My hair in the front will get straight and the rest textured if I wear it pulled back. I thought that was strange. Even when I had locks, my locks would look stringy when pulled back until they were about 2 years old. I had to rewet them to plump it.

Also, my hair grows down and flops. I have 25% shrinkage and my hair is very easy to detangle, like 10 mins :sekret:. HOWEVER, when it dries, cannot get fingers or a comb through cause it is NAPPY! :lol: I don't know what is going on with this hair!

Me! Me! I'm almost positive it's because my hair is so fine. It's pretty nappy, but because it's also fine and silky it straightens with minimal effort (even from just a tight headband).

tHENATuRALhAiRpRoJEcT

[USER=1153 said:
prettynatural[/USER] ;12918559]The closest one would be the naked air dried with mimimal manipulation. My hair is very cottony. It has a flash shot. I should have one in natural light of the same pic. Let me find it.

pullback puff

Wet Length Check 2008

sweet jesus!!!! your hair is so gorgeous in that 2nd pic!:yep:

I wanna grow up to be just like you!!!!:look: I'll wait for others to chime in but you look like a supple 4a to me

you may have so 3c as well (most of us have a little mix going on) but I can't see it from those pics so 3c/4a may fit (any washed pics, no product, air dried & wet....no stretching or manipulation?)

basically letting the curl patter clump as it may?

Last edited:

Fhrizzball

I have a question, does any naturals have hair that when pulled back wet or dry when taken down it looks like it has been blowed dried or flat ironed? My hair in the front will get straight and the rest textured if I wear it pulled back. I thought that was strange. Even when I had locks, my locks would look stringy when pulled back until they were about 2 years old. I had to rewet them to plump it.

Also, my hair grows down and flops. I have 25% shrinkage and my hair is very easy to detangle, like 10 mins :sekret:. HOWEVER, when it dries, cannot get fingers or a comb through cause it is NAPPY! :lol: I don't know what is going on with this hair!

My bangs does this. My hair is easy to detangle except for the back. The back tends to grow out but the rest of my hair grows down. Also finger combing dry is a disaster for me.

SCarolinaGirl

I barely have any hair because I'm only 2 months post... but what do you think. I've been told probably 4a.

Freshly washed no product...

with cheapie conditioner

dried with Taliah Waajid pmb and shea moisture curl enhancing smoothie

tHENATuRALhAiRpRoJEcT

what did you put in your hair? bride, try typing it just after you've washed it with no product:nono:

you may be 4a/4b (can't tell until it's stripped of then left untouched)

Last edited:

SCarolinaGirl

OK.... retry....
I just washed my hair with Aussie Moist shampoo and rinsed with cold water then squeezed out excess water.

There is NO product in it, NO manipulation (but its wet, obviously)

After airdrying for about 10 mins - NO product

Excuse my appearance... I'm in my PJs!

Edited to add: 100% dry, no product or manipulation

Last edited:

iri9109

yup if i wear my hair in a ponytail my hair gets basically bone straight and all the curls are like pushed to the ends...if i want to wear my hair out after that then i have to cowash or wet it alot and detangle. also when my hair is dry its like a jungle up in there...sometimes i stick my hands/fingers in there to massage my scalp and they get stuck:lachen::lachen: i have to section my hair in like 10 sections to dry detangle...its just so curly and dense.

prettynatural

Think, Do, Be
OK.... retry....
I just washed my hair with Aussie Moist shampoo and rinsed with cold water then squeezed out excess water.

looks like 4A due to the size of the coil. You will definately know once it grows out. My BC looked similar except mine was manipulated with curl activator gel.

and

Last edited:

Embyra

Ok I wanna play cuz idk what's gwan on with the typing stuffs....

Sawwy, just wet with no product, I dont let my hair air dry!

i dont think it matters if the hair is wet/damp to me 4b 4a hair looks like 4a 4b when wet yeah i said it:look::lol:

your wet hair looks exactly like mine and blackmaster piece said 3c nonie 4a

my damp hair

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited:

tHENATuRALhAiRpRoJEcT

i know kimmay's hair wet in the shower appears to be a strong 4a:look: or even 3c/4a

but dry you see nada a curl (like me actually) and she then appears more of a 4a/4b but she identifies as 4b! **kanyeshrug**
I guess porosity my affect that a bit, or simply if you hair retains a lot of water it may appear HEAVIER, thus elongating the curl (especially fit fine hair)

tHENATuRALhAiRpRoJEcT

Ok I wanna play cuz idk what's gwan on with the typing stuffs....

Sawwy, just wet with no product, I dont let my hair air dry!

it's sooooo thick!!:lick::lick::lick: dreamy dauuum thick:yep:

I say 3c/4a b/c it looks so heavy that I don't know how much your curl will recoil when dry, less ringlet & more spiral:look:
:grin: for this pic specifically I would rock w/ the 3c/4a gang:yep::grin:

tHENATuRALhAiRpRoJEcT

OK.... retry....

i think you will be surprised a little... or a lot:look: as I was when your twa grows out a bit
When I first cut my hair looked all 3c or some iiiiish (scab hair or texlaxed ends, idk) but I'm basically a 4a these days, but we'll see next week:yawn::yawn:

I think bride it appears 4a right now so you're rocking with us mama!!!!:spinning:
squad up:rolleyes:
however, I think you need a little more length to see if you curls will clump up or cloud out more with unmanipulated growth

Last edited:

tHENATuRALhAiRpRoJEcT

HI LADIES
CAN ANYONE SHOW SIDE-BY-SIDE PICTORIALS OF ANYONE WHO appears TRULY
3C, 3C/4A, 4A and 4A/4B
** NO DESCRIPTIONS**
JUST PICTURES or YOUTUBE VIDEOS & HAIR TYPE

Last edited:

LongLeggedLife

it's sooooo thick!!:lick::lick::lick: dreamy dauuum thick:yep:

I say 3c/4a b/c it looks so heavy that I don't know how much your curl will recoil when dry, less ringlet & more spiral:look:
:grin: for this pic specifically I would rock w/ the 3c/4a gang:yep::grin:

Y thank u dear!
I think that's about right myself...it looks about the same when it airdries...like a boofy dry jheri curl, only less shinyLOL..which is why I dont wear it like that...blah...

LongLeggedLife

I say 4a/3c, with most of your 3c being at the back/nape of your head.
Hey! Thank ya, but I didnt get the back/nape in the pic on purpose(because folks have said that part is looser before& I wanted to get a truer typing), it's just tucked behind my ear there..that is the front/ side-front.

blueberryd

Can we make this a sticky PRETTY PLEASEEEE!
if isee one more 'what's my hair type' thread imma :hot: lol
GREAT thread OP! iluv looking at all these diverse heads of hair--all in one spot! :lick:

Last edited:

tHENATuRALhAiRpRoJEcT

Last edited:

empressri

im type superfragilisticexpialidocious

cause if i post any pictures, then ill get a million different answers and i know for fact it still wont make a difference hehe