How do you care for a sew in weave?

Godsway

arial3

Hi,

I am new to the forum and I just love reading everything you guys post!!!! It so much valuable info I am sometimes overwhelmed! I am planning on starting a new hair care regimen inspired by all of the wonderful information i've been reading here. I want to wear a sew-in weave to help in the growing process. I was wondering if any of you knew some good tips on taking care of them? Do they really help your hair grow? I've heard sometimes they make damaged hair even worse. Also, does anyone know of any great weavers and hairdressers in los angeles?

Thanks

Well i usually wear the micro yaky straight hair and i wrap it at night like its real it looks real i use the 12inch 2bags and once a week i oil it with the mtg and keep it in for three weeks i don't do the sew-in myself my friend does it for me so that is how i do hope it help

Godsway said:
arial3

Hi,

I am new to the forum and I just love reading everything you guys post!!!! It so much valuable info I am sometimes overwhelmed! I am planning on starting a new hair care regimen inspired by all of the wonderful information i've been reading here. I want to wear a sew-in weave to help in the growing process. I was wondering if any of you knew some good tips on taking care of them? Do they really help your hair grow? I've heard sometimes they make damaged hair even worse. Also, does anyone know of any great weavers and hairdressers in los angeles?

Thanks

One of the best tips is to always go to a well informed professional, even if it costs more money. As long as your hair is taken care of it doesn't make it worse, just make sure to oil your scalp.

I wash and condition any where between 1 - 3X per week. I use silk therapy right afterwards and I rollerset with with the big perm rollers (they're about 4 " long and 1" wide). Sometimes I let my hair air dry with the rollers but I rather sit under a drier. When I'm lazy I don't rollerset at all. I let it air dry about 90% and then I flat iron with my Superstar flatiron.

It may not be a good idea to wash as often as I do if you don't know how to maintain the tracks. I do my hair myself so I know how to tighten any areas that loosen up due to growth or washing.

Last edited:
Also check out the thread "do's and donts of weaves", it was started by ediese.

Oh and the weave forum at bhm (forum.blackhairmedia.com).

Back