Yes, even drug dealers need prayer

Monilove122

I just typed this long message I was about to post and my son came over here, hit the mouse and I lost it. Y'all know I'm gonna pop him when I finish but I digress, LOL...:yep:. I know this title is crazy but I wanted y'all to come in here.

Okay, i found out my friend's brother has a crush on me and he called me to tell me. He's a very handsome, nice, mannerable guy so, I told him we'd talk as I was going over to their family's house for a family function I was invited to yesterday. We sit down and talk and I find out that he is a DRUG DEALER. As I'm not a judgemental person I didn't say okay, see ya and, walk away but I have to tell y'all my spirit told me that this man did NOT want to be a drug dealer. I felt in my spirit that God sent me to talk to this man. So, that's what I did.

In our convo I found out just what was in my spirit, that he did not want this lifestyle for himself and never envisioned this. He was raised in the church and y'all, this man KNOWS the bible. He told me that he feels the devil keeps pulling him in with a "better deal" everytime he wants to get out and he's not yet strong enough to say no. I know this sounds crazy but this man tithes from his drug money every week although people tell him he's crazy to do that and we just really had a great talk. But I have to tell y'all, I'm so embarassed by the actions of some "church folks" who have deterred him from going to church by staring, whispering, and making comments when he did go to church like "I didn't know this was drug dealer Sunday". He wants to change his life but is discouraged by people who call themselves "Christians" and I feel like God sent me to encourage him.

He even told me that 2 men with his same exact name (yes, first and last) were arrested for selling drugs. I told him that's not an accident, the devil is trying his best to get you so, you need to get out of it now. He told me it's easier said than done because he has 2 children, house, bills, etc. but I told him that all he has to do is have faith the size of a mustard seed that God will provide for him. He is also discouraged because he lost his last job (which lead him into this lifestyle) and has had about 6 interviews in the last few months but no job. He has an interview on Monday with a great company with an opportunity to move out of his area (I suggested he needs a fresh start) making great money and he really wants the job. I encourage him that he needs to go to church and y'all he did, even wore a new suit he had bought and he said he had a great time. Ladies, this man cried and told me that he was really touched and he knew the sermon was for him. He hadn't been to church since like Christmas.

I say all of this to ask that you all pray for this man. He has a good heart and I really sensed that God has a purpose for his life to mentor young men and women going down the same path. He even tells them now that it's not glamorous nor is it easy. Right now he feels that his purpose on this earth is to be a drug dealer because of the negative comments and whispers and I prayed last night that he see the bigger picture. Please pray that he gets this job and he can start on a new path and that he begins to see himself the way God sees him.

TIA!!!

Monilove122

UPDATE: Yes, even drug dealers need prayer

Hey Ladies,

Thanks so much for your prayers. I tell you, prayer is a POWERFUL thing. He called me yesterday to let me know he got the job. He was so excited and thanked me for my thoughts and prayers and asked me to thank all of you and everyone else who prayed for him. In a voice that sounded like he was near tears he said "I didn't know God worked that quick", LOL. I think more than anything he is amazed that out of all the interviews he went on he got this job which is working with not just a local but international company (he thought it was just within North Carolina until his orientation yesterday) and would give him the opportunity to travel all over the world. And most importantly he cut people off and did what he needed to do to start a new life on Sunday...BEFORE HE GOT THE JOB.

They moved rather quickly so he started TODAY!!! He could have started next week but when they told him he could also start today he jumped at it and said he knew that was what he needed to do. And not just that but out of all of the possibilities this one pays the most as well. I told him that when God comes through He REALLY comes through.

Again, thanks to all of the prayer warriors who prayed for him. As my Pastor says, "Ol' devil...YOU MISSED AGAIN"!!!

Be Blessed!!!

hairoffire

that's such a beautiful story. i'm so happy for your friend. God just wanted him to step out on faith and denounce that lifestyle b4 he got the job. it seems like God had been preparing him for this lifestyle change for a while by speaking to his heart, and you were very instrumental in that by witnessing to him. isn't it amazing how God can use people to speak to you and get His message across. i will pray that he continues to put his faith in God and continues to grow spiritually.

on another note, i really hate that he felt discouraged by the congregation when he was trying to attend church. its very irritating when some "christians" act like they've been saved from the moment they 1st drew breath and have never done anything other than the right thing. i think they forget Paul was a former persecutor of the Church who later became one of it's biggest champions. God loves everyone and wishes none would perish.

much love and blessings

Monilove122

that's such a beautiful story. i'm so happy for your friend. God just wanted him to step out on faith and denounce that lifestyle b4 he got the job. it seems like God had been preparing him for this lifestyle change for a while by speaking to his heart, and you were very instrumental in that by witnessing to him. isn't it amazing how God can use people to speak to you and get His message across. i will pray that he continues to put his faith in God and continues to grow spiritually.

on another note, i really hate that he felt discouraged by the congregation when he was trying to attend church. its very irritating when some "christians" act like they've been saved from the moment they 1st drew breath and have never done anything other than the right thing. i think they forget Paul was a former persecutor of the Church who later became one of it's biggest champions. God loves everyone and wishes none would perish.

much love and blessings

It was so funny that we even had that conversation because he wanted to take me out on a date and next thing you know we are talking about the bible, prayer, etc. He told me yesterday that the convo took a turn he never expected because first of all he NEVER tells anyone what he does so the fact that he told me that shocked even him. I was like when God is involved in something you find yourself doing things you'd never thought you do so it's all good. I'm just glad I could witness to him and who knows maybe when he is more settled in a few months in his life we can go out. I did extend an invitation to my church so I'll let you all know about that too :yep:.

But girl I'm with you, the person who said "I didn't know this was drug dealer Sunday" should be absolutely ashamed of themself. As you said they kill me acting as if they have been saved from the womb and sin is everyone else's issue. He still wants to go to the altar for special prayer but feels the eyes so I told him don't worry about the eyes because when judgement day comes they will have to answer for that. Judge not lest ye be judged - so those that judge him will have their day. To think that they almost kept a soul OUT of church with their negativity is shameful. I was just honored God used me to be a witness to him. Just AWESOME!!!!!!

victorious

Relaxed/4A/Fine/Thin/APL
Wow! Can you just imagine his testimony? Isn't God awesome? :yep:

Every Sunday can be Drug Dealer Sunday, Adulterer Sunday, Fornicator Sunday, Pride Sunday, etc. Some Christians don't know that yet. :ohwell: God knows what Sunday it was when that person first went to church.

"For the Son of man is come to save that which was lost" -- Matt 18:11.

Monilove, you're a modern day Phillip. :grin: Be blessed!

Last edited:

Monilove122

Wow! Can you just imagine his testimony? Isn't God awesome? :yep:

Every Sunday can be Drug Dealer Sunday, Adulterer Sunday, Fornicator Sunday, Pride Sunday, etc. Some Christians don't know that yet. :ohwell: God knows what Sunday it was when that person first went to church.

"For the Son of man is come to save that which was lost" -- Matt 18:11.

Monilove, you're a modern day Phillip. :grin: Be blessed!

That's what I told him. I was like your testimony NEEDS to be heard cause it's awesome!!! I mean this is an intelligent, good looking, spiritual man who because of bad decisions and the wrong company has ended up with a life he never thought he would have. And the things some "saints" make folks believe is amazing to me. Do you know someone told him on Sunday they needed to check his tithes before he could come back to the church as a member...WHAT??!!! Not to mention he's been paying them (again, from his drug money and there are those that don't pay them from a legitimate job). He just sent me a text message that things are going good at the job and he wants to come to my church on Sunday.

It just gets better by the minute.

A modern day Phillip....:perplexed, LOL. Just letting God use me and I cannot tell y'all how blessed I feel to be able to be a blessing to someone else byjust being myself and sharing with him. I think I'm getting more excited about things than he is, :grin:.

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
Monilove, don't you know that you are the anchor that God had in reserve for this man's life? Can you imagine his heart's cry to come out of the life that he has been trapped into? God always has an 'angel' on earth, ready to bid God's will and to save us from our destructions.

What an angel you are to this man. To know that someone of your Spiritual strength and caliber, would 'listen' to him; reach out to him; look up to him and not down. This man is NOT a Drug Dealer, for that is a label which he does not own. Yet instead his sin is dealing drugs, and he is ready for his deliverance...his way of escape. For now he knows that somebody cared enough to 'care'...cared enough to listen...cared enough sit him on high with our Father in Heaven.

Someone...'You'.

How dear you will always be to this man's heart. For his desire to talk with you was clearly discerned that you were the one who'd care enough to be there and see him as God's son and nothing less.

To you and the 'NOT' Drug Dealer... :blowkiss: For that is not his name that God has written down in Glory. I pray for this man's protection and complete restoration in Jesus. Amen and Amen.

Monilove122

Monilove, don't you know that you are the anchor that God had in reserve for this man's life? Can you imagine his heart's cry to come out of the life that he has been trapped into? God always has an 'angel' on earth, ready to bid God's will and to save us from our destructions.

What an angel you are to this man. To know that someone of your Spiritual strength and caliber, would 'listen' to him; reach out to him; look up to him and not down. This man is NOT a Drug Dealer, for that is a label which he does not own. Yet instead his sin is dealing drugs, and he is ready for his deliverance...his way of escape. For now he knows that somebody cared enough to 'care'...cared enough to listen...cared enough sit him on high with our Father in Heaven.

Someone...'You'.

How dear you will always be to this man's heart. For his desire to talk with you was clearly discerned that you were the one who'd care enough to be there and see him as God's son and nothing less.

To you and the 'NOT' Drug Dealer... :blowkiss: For that is not his name that God has written down in Glory. I pray for this man's protection and complete restoration in Jesus. Amen and Amen.

Shimmie - you KNOW I'm a cry baby and you are gonna make me cry :cry3:. But really I want NO glory none at all!!!! If he never remembers my name that's fine with me but I never want him to forget the love of God and how he was blessed.