Wisps on hairline

nekee

You know the wispy hair you would have on your hairline ? I think some people call them baby hair. well do they grow ? My wisps are about 1/2 inch -1 inch, it is straight, with some wave but not due to relaxers .
But my hair all over is bleached but i realised recently that the wisps have not grown at all, because the colour is still at the scalp. Color was from june or july. It should have grown by now right . The rest of my hair grows as normal. Does anyone else have this ?

YuNg

i have it on most on both sides of my hair line. I would think they'd grow back thick like the rest of my hair i hope it aint permanent. Im starting to think its permanent though its been 3 and half years. I think my follicles right there have lost the ability to produce thick hairs.

soulchild

I have the babyhairs too. I'm not sure if they grow or not I kind of assumed that it does but I dont know. I wanna hear from someone else bout this
By the way, so are you going to have to dye them back to your natural color eventually?

nekee

No im not going to dye them back, in the 5 months noone is really going to be seeing my hairline anyhow, i'm leaving it in cornrows, so i hope by then i should see some growth other than that i will just try and keep them on my head/hairline

YuNg

do they ever grow back thick because i dont wear cornrows or use perms and they stilll like that.

soulchild

Yung I don't think she meant like the damaged or thinning hairs in the front. Like, the little baby hairs (think Chili
)

YuNg

well i only see people get them thinning hairs from wearing cornrows or perms. When all my friends grew their hair out they didnt have no lil baby hairs at the hairline it was thick then after a while of wearing braids it started to become baby hairs. I think its hair grease that makes them thin if you ask me because they clogg the pores.

Mahalialee4

I have those and they also only get so long. they are like side burns and halo hair, very healthy and to me it is a sign of hair growth and healthy scalp. I do think that for some people it is genetic. Anyway, I have a lot of that but I also grow the same type of hair on my arms, soft and downy.
Bonjour.

caress

[ QUOTE ]
Yung I don't think she meant like the damaged or thinning hairs in the front. Like, the little baby hairs (think Chili
)

[/ QUOTE ]

I have those only when my hair is natural. The yare not the same texture as the rest of my hair. They are really soft and downy . When my hais is relaxed it seems as if they dissappear or something.

ComfortablyNumb

I have these hairs.

I think they are gentically determined to only grow so long if you have them. For example, if I get a relaxer, they are permed straight, but after awhile I look and see wavy wisps instead of the straight ones. Since relaxers are permanent, this is leading me to believe that the hair is only growing so long then, coming out and being replaced by new hair. Sort of like the hair cycle, but maybe that part of the head has a shorter one? That's just my guess.

Karonica

I have baby hairs and due to me using a bristle brush on them, I lost a patch of them in the front on my left temple. Well, they've grown back, but the hair is much more finer and even more wispier than my other baby hairs. I think they'll grow, but not gain considerable length. Just like eyebrows.

nekee

Yung - they dont grow back thick because they were never thick. And they are not damaged
soulchild - yes Chilli, that is what i mean , they don't stick up or anything they just lay flat but with a lil more curl, or sometimes they get mean and do small wispy curls up and off my face.
I dont have a problem with them, i just wanted to know if they were able to grow.
Thanx for all of the responses. I have come to the conclusion like as was said before they grow to a certain length, shed and then start back like that. Like Karonica said like eyebrows, i never knew that eyebrow hairs shed until i had mine dyed and 2 months later , i realised that all but two are black.
Once more thanx for the responses

YuNg

well i can see my scalp from the front of my ear all the way to the back of my ear and its been like that ever since the perms

inthepink

[ QUOTE ]
I have these hairs.

I think they are gentically determined to only grow so long if you have them. For example, if I get a relaxer, they are permed straight, but after awhile I look and see wavy wisps instead of the straight ones. Since relaxers are permanent, this is leading me to believe that the hair is only growing so long then, coming out and being replaced by new hair. Sort of like the hair cycle, but maybe that part of the head has a shorter one? That's just my guess.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is my guess, too. The hair here has a shorter lifespan so it's constantly being "replaced."

soulchild

[ QUOTE ]
well i can see my scalp from the front of my ear all the way to the back of my ear and its been like that ever since the perms

[/ QUOTE ]

Yung, just in case you still don't understand what "baby hairs" are there is a pic on this site

http://www.tlc3d.com/restart2.html

You see how her hair is in braids but she still has those short little hairs on her forehead? It's not damaged or anything. That's what we're talking about