Will baking soda strip hair color?

achangedlife

I colored my hair today and in an effort to keep it extra moisturized I used melted shea butter on each section of my hair before I rollerset it. Now my hair is a greasy mess and I want to wash out the shea butter and start over. All I have are moisturizing shampoos. If I use baking soda will it strip or change my new color? I'm thinking maybe I can use a regular bar of soap to remove the shea butter, then use a moisturizing shampoo, and a good conditioner, IDK.

Allow me to ask a silly question? Is baking soda and baking powder the same thing? Obviously I don't bake. . . lol.

The dye I used was Texture and Tones Light Golden Brown. It has no ammonia but it does have peroxide.

achangedlife

I washed three times with porosity controll and that did the trick. I reset my hair and now it's light and soft. And I love the color too.

blupeace

Allow me to ask a silly question? Is baking soda and baking powder the same thing? Obviously I don't bake. . . lol.

I'm glad your wash n' color worked out!! :congrats:
The baking soda question isn't silly at all. I wondered that same thing as I got into cooking :look:. Here's some info from allrecipes.com:

BAKING POWDER: A leavener containing a combination of baking soda, an acid and a moisture-absorber. When mixed with liquid, baking powder releases carbon dioxide gas bubbles that cause a bread or cake to rise.

BAKING SODA: Baking soda is used as a leavener in baked goods. When combined with an acid ingredient such as yogurt or molasses, baking soda produces carbon dioxide gas bubbles, thereby causing a dough or batter to rise.

:fridge:
I normally try to keep my baking soda in a special place in the cabinet so that I won't get it mixed up with the powder when I get ready to wash my hair. It may not make a big difference, but who knows...

Happy Hair Journey!!!:auto: