Wig Buying - HELP!

ThickRoot

Ladies,

I need help for my sister. She is attending a wedding and wants to wear a wig. She wants to buy the wig online but I have never purchased a wig or ever worn one, I'm clueless. Do any of you know where she can find a good wig online? She lives in Chicago if you don't have any good online recommendations.

Thanks! :grin:

Has she tried making her own wig? .... Soo much cheaper and she can style it the way she likes phillydiva19154 & MsChanda on youtube have some great tutorials on how to make your own wig

AMAKA127

I'll tell her what you said but I really doubt she will make a wig, I've been trying to introduce her to some "lhcf" tips for a year, no go. This is the first time she's asked for my help so I'm trying to go gentle. :yep:

lol i hope she tries it out ... my first wig was a super success and saved me so much money... literally took me and hour and a half to make

I would definitely look up wigs on hairsisters.com because they give you a full 360 degree view of the wig on a mannequin's head, plus lots of customer reviews.

but i would actually order the wig from blackhairspray.com, hairsisters has had customer service issues in the past (although i never had any problem)

I'm thanking all you ladies but I'm on my phone now without a real thank you button! I know she's gonna be so excited about the info.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using HTC Glacier

i've ordered from hairsisters.com, superbeautydepot.com and hairwigharlem.com I've received very good service from all three.

as someone who is still fairly new to wigs (just started in July) i would offer a suggestion. if she can't actually try the wig on before buying, i suggest trying something close to her current length. initially, my first half and full wigs were what i expected my hair to be like when it grew out, and it felt a bit drastic. recently, my purchases have been shorter wigs that were similar to styles i wore when my hair was relaxed and they're shorter.

as my hair grows, i plan to ease into wig lengths too. hope that makes sense.

Back