Why Most Shampoos are a Waste of Money

milaydy31

http://www.howlifeworks.com/health_...re_a_Waste_of_Money_269/?AG_ID=706&cid=7060cq

Interesting

Why Most Shampoos are a Waste of Money

It’s the dirty little secret shampoo companies don’t want you to know—when you wash your hair with one of those nutrient-rich shampoos, most of the nutrients and active ingredients in the product don’t actually end up in your hair, they wind up down the drain… along with all the money you spent on the shampoo.

Why does this happen? Because the shampoo molecules they contain are too large to penetrate the cells of hair and more importantly the tiny hair follicles where our hair actually grows. They sit atop the follicle until we wash them away.

Why is that a problem? Think about it this way—if you wanted to fertilize a plant, where would you pour the fertilizer? On the leaves? Of course not! You’d pour the fertilizer on the root and the soil where it’s needed most. Our hair works basically the same way—if you want to treat your hair right, you need to treat the roots.

But if regular shampoo can’t penetrate the hair follicles where our roots grow, what are we supposed to do?

Fortunately, a California company called Kronos decided to tackle this problem. Their team of researchers designed a more-effective shampoo—one that contains tiny microscopic spheres so small that they penetrate hair follicles and deliver nutrients to where they’re needed most. They call it “T-Sfere Technology”.

Once they had solved the delivery method dilemma, they turned their attention to formulating ingredients that targetted the 5 most significant signs of damaged hair:

Thinning hair that lacks volume
Dry, frizzy, unmanageable hair
Limp lackluster hair
Damaged hair with split ends
Hair with poor color retention
Does it work? Check out the results from the product’s clinical testing. In a recent study, the Kronos system was shown boost hair volume and body by an unprecedented 96%; increase hair hydration by 91%; improve luster and shine by 96%; reduce split ends and breakage by 96%; and virtually eliminate color fading for up to four weeks. It’s rare that a shampoo can provide so many amazing benefits.

Already, Kronos has quickly become one of the most talked about hair care systems out there. It was recently featured on the Today show and was rated the #1 Overnight Hair Treatment product by The Good Housekeeping Institute.

Since Kronos is still relatively new, the company is offering a limited amount of free trials of its 4-piece introductory kit, just so new customers can see the results for themselves before deciding whether or not they want to pay for their products.

The special trial includes a full, 60-day supply of four products that each feature the line's key ingredient complexes and delivery technology: Kronos Shampoo, Kronos Conditioner, the Phyx Overnight Repair Masque that repairs damaged hair while you sleep, and the Liquid Theory Conditioning Detangler that protects hair from thermal damage due to heat styling.

If you want to try this new way to shampoo, visit the Kronos website to see if these special Internet free trials are still being offered.

Hmmm...I would't invest in these products. There were some not so good reviews posted and from what I read, it is definitely not for curly hair. I already knew that vitamins and nutrients in shampoo are not absorbed by the hair....I shampoo only to clean my hair and scalp. I don't pay a lot of money for these shampoos claiming to add all this stuff to your hair.

Deep conditioning with heat is when I want my hair cuticle open to absorb all the goody goodness it can!

I have seen this argument while on the KISS site that I belong to and thought about it. When I viewed the page for the products I was not overly amazed but I knew that most shampoos are getting most of what they say into your hair. Same thing as when it was found out that shampoo companies would add things into the product that would make your hair react bad when any other product was used so that you would stick with their line. It all depends on the person and products....That's why I switched to Bee Mine products. The shampoo is SLS free so it doesn't have that useless lathering and huge molecules and absorbed into the hair better. I have seen some great improvement since using the line and will continue to use it. Thanks, though, for posting this. I would love to see how some other ladies are responding to it!!! :grin:

Interesting INDEED!

Although, how do I know this isn't just a claim by a company trying to sell a product? I mean, if the product does indeed penetrate how do I know the quantity in at least three orders worth of the 4-piece set is enough to make a difference long term? It could very well make a difference but suppose I have to keep buying it over and over and over to see the improvement? (<- To some if they keep having to buy it over and over they might just give up and that turns into a waste of money in the end.)

Lots of companies make claims on the back of the bottle. Skin care brands use the fact that it's "dermatologist tested" to sell the product acting like because of this the product will work for EVERYONE. I'm just saying I'm skeptical and how do I not know it's another company making a claim? (It's good that they're letting people try it for free though but then the question of quantity comes in. Is the free trial sample amount enough for consumers to see a difference in their hair?)

Just my two cents.

Last edited:
Of course a full system of products works better verses an ordinary shampoo. That such an unfair comparison

I get my nutrients from the foods and supplements I eat and hope some filter to my scalp and hair, I dont really choose shampoos for nourishing qualities
I don't believe half of what hair products claim to do but I like the article because a lot of people do :yep:

never been big on shampoo, since IMO, it doesn't do much. I'm more focused on conditioners and styling products

Simply shampoos are to cleanse the scalp, conditioners are to moisturise and strengthen the hair.

Interesting INDEED!

Although, how do I know this isn't just a claim by a company trying to sell a product? I mean, if the product does indeed penetrate how do I know the quantity in at least three orders worth of the 4-piece set is enough to make a difference long term? It could very well make a difference but suppose I have to keep buying it over and over and over to see the improvement? (<- To some if they keep having to buy it over and over they might just give up and that turns into a waste of money in the end.)

Lots of companies make claims on the back of the bottle. Skin care brands use the fact that it's "dermatologist tested" to sell the product acting like because of this the product will work for EVERYONE. I'm just saying I'm skeptical and how do I not know it's another company making a claim? (It's good that they're letting people try it for free though but then the question of quantity comes in. Is the free trial sample amount enough for consumers to see a difference in their hair?)

Just my two cents.

It IS a claim by a company trying to sell a product. :)

Fortunately, a California company called Kronos decided to tackle this problem. Their team of researchers designed a more-effective shampoo—one that contains tiny microscopic spheres so small that they penetrate hair follicles and deliver nutrients to where they’re needed most. They call it “T-Sfere Technology”.

^^ You can be pretty sure that whoever wrote this was paid by the company for the write up.

There are some people who don't believe that hair strands don't absorb anything - i.e. all any conditioner does is soften. I haven't looked up my anatomy & physiology on the issue so I can't say for sure but I don't really buy most claims either. I choose my shampoos for their aromatherapeutic value so real essential oils are a must and the blend has to smell good to me. Also I want something that cleanses thoroughly and leaves my hair feeling soft without stripping it. Those are my only criteria.

Hair is dead. Nutrients small enough to penetrate into the follicle? I doubt it. The best way to do that is to eat and drink right and take Vitamin supplements that target the hair-producing follicle.

I believe shampoo should be thought of as a way to clean the scalp and remove surface build-up from hair...and I've found that water and mild castille, vegetable oil based or sls free shampoos can do that just fine.

I heard a dermatologist on Oprah say once that squeaky clean hair is no good and I believe it.

And people will fall for this BS. Shampoo is used to cleanse take it or leave it.

I'll never be without shampoo, I loves it!

Hair is dead. Nutrients small enough to penetrate into the follicle? I doubt it. The best way to do that is to eat and drink right and take Vitamin supplements that target the hair-producing follicle.

I believe shampoo should be thought of as a way to clean the scalp and remove surface build-up from hair...and I've found that water and mild castille, vegetable oil based or sls free shampoos can do that just fine.

I heard a dermatologist on Oprah say once that squeaky clean hair is no good and I believe it.

If hair is dead, why does it grow? Just trying to understand.:look:

^^It is only supposed to be dead after it grows from the follicle is my understanding....I guess that is why they say it is important to get internal nourishments so that it grows out healthy and you can maintain it....

I do think you have to nourish internally but I also think you can nourish your hair once it grows out as well...

The hair that sprouts out of your scalp is dead. It grows on the inside of your body and is pushing out of your scalp but once it breaks the surface it is dead. This is why it doesn't hurt when you cut your hair. If it wasn't dead, you would be in pain, much like cutting any other body part. The white part of your nail that extends beyond the nail bed is also dead.

Back