Why long hair????

LadyDee

Great Question!
I'm not trying to prove a thing. Have had short hair and long hair. I just happen to be at a point in my life where I want to maximize all of God's gifts to me. That requires that I become a better steward of my resources. This includes my body and my hair. So, I'm doing what is right for my person (Cept for that occasional Big Mac....A sista is only flesh and blood ya know /images/graemlins/smile.gif). Healthy hair would be a big plus. Long hair would be icing on the cake.

happylocks

For me long hair is a sign of beauty, That does not mean that short hair is not beautiful, I love when I had my short hair,
, But now I want Long hair, The choice to have short hair is easy, but long it takes time, and it is something that I have never seen myself with, it is like a goal you want to be successful with. Something that you have not reached yet,
I love long Hair and that is what I want,
, It depends on how much you can stand it, I think all of it can be beautiful if you choice is to have short hair, but many women dont want short hair it is not a choice , they just lack proper care of their bodies and hair,
, If you ask many African women they will tell you a want long hair, or at least have the opption that most europeans women have to cut their hair and know that it will grow back
bye

ImFree27

i want long hair because I can do more styles and because it looks good on me, my face is too round for short hair.. and if I gain weight my long hair can hide some of my chubby face..:grin:

JustKiya

Wooowee, this is an oldie.

I want long hair because:
- it suits me.
- my mental image of myself has always been with long hair.
- I love hair toys
- I love elaborate updos
- I think long curly thick hair is GORGEOUS.
- I'm curious to see how long it can actually get.
- I've got something to prove to a couple folx in my life.

khrystyle

I like the way long hair looks on me yet I have never been able to grow it on my own. It also gives you a versatility of looks.

Ediese

I look much sexier with long hair. It adds an extra pep to my step. For some reason, I look kiddish or just 'cute' with short hair.

Simply_Kelz

I like the styling options. And I've never had it.

I love love LOVE thick bouncy curls .. and to have them fall at a nice spot on my back is like a dream.

LongiLox

Hey guys.I;m not trying to offend anyone but I just wonder why everyone wants "long' hair. Personally, i hate my hair long (past my shoulders). Is it just to have long hair or cause you like the way it looks on your face??
Most men I know LOVE long hair just cause it's long. When I keep cutting mine, everyone is like "why did you cut it???" I"m like "cause i like this length on ME". Doesn't it make a difference to anyone if it looks right on them, or do you just want long hair just cause??? I'm just curious.

I look better with long hair. I also want long hair because I've never had it. This is the longest my hair has been and it's only APL.

lilsparkle825

like a lot of people have said...i've never had hair past CBL. i was grazing APL when i BC'd and that was crazy long to me.

i was getting APL/BSL sew-ins, and those things are expensive. i would rather grow it and just use clip-in pieces for color or something.

BostonMaria

I like long hair. I can now safely say I've had all cuts (except for the twa) and personally I like the way long hair feels on my back when I wear a tank top and I can feel it brushing against me.

Hello everyone! This is my first time posting here but I've been a fan of this site for almost 2 yrs :grin:

I have to agree with the above post, I am growing my hair long because I just love the feeling long hair feels on my back. I have natural hair and I did the BC last September (did it myself to boot) and boy did I MISS my hair so much. It was frustrating but so worth it. Its getting there...

I would love to have long BSL naturally curly hair. Right now its past shoulder length but if I wash and go it shinks up pretty badly. All my life I've envied the curly girls with long hair and I just want it for myself. Its just a personal goal I want to achieve.