Why is my hair not growing? Critique my regimen

Royalq

Ive been natural for 4 moths now and i feel - no i know that my hair has not grown. Okay its gone from the middle of my forehead to just between my eyebrows thats only like .5 a inch. I feel that im doing everything right but im not getting growth, i should have had 2 inches by now:perplexed should i change my regimen?
Shampoo- Once a week- Cream of nature detangling shampoo
Condition and dc- once a week- Shea moisture purification mask
Elasta DPR 11
Aussie moist 3 minute miracle
Queen Helene Cholesterol

Protein dc- once a week- Aphogee 2 minute mix with megatek and a little aphogee 2 step followed by moisturizing DC's.

I moisturize my hair with Elasta QP drp 11 and/or Scurl, seal with Grease, oils werent doing it for me.
Scalp- Ive been using Megatek since july and saw no growth so now for the past month ive been using Sulfur oil mix with megatek ( sublimed sulfur, olive oil, 2 tbsp of Biotin, coconut oil, castor oil, megatek)

I have my hair in a bunch of twists all the time, I wash in them and just redo my twists weekly so im pretty much live in a protective style.. I baggy every night.

Vitamins- 15,0000 mcg of biotin for the past 3 months, folic acid, multivitamin, Vitamin D, iron, Super B complex, i drink alot of water and try to exercise.

I dont know where im going wrong with my regimen. It makes me sad that i even BC'd. My relaxed hair was APL and i barely even cared for it, it grew nicely. Now im natural and doing my best with no results. Please help me figure this out.

Your hair is growing, just not retaining length.

I see that you are using too much usage of Aphoghee for no reason.
And why are you using Elasta QP DPR 11 as a moisturizer? It's purpose is deep conditioning.
And you're using too many products on your hair. The buildup from products can cause breakage.

Could you be measuring wrong? Seems like mid-forehead would be an inch from in between eye-brows. It sounds like youre doing all the right things. Did your hair grow quickly before?

ETA to add: Using the Aphogee 2 step every week would give you protein overload which would lead to breakage! You can try only using either the 2 min or the Megatek, but definitely cut down to one protein. 2 min is good to use every week, but I would stop for a few washes and up my moisture.

How is your detangling? Do you lose a lot of hair? Detangling is my biggest issue with retaining.

Last edited:
I dont really use 2 step every week, more like once a month, but because im in twists that one time a month i use it i mix it with the others. I use 2 minute weekly.

And why are you using Elasta QP DPR 11 as a moisturizer? It's purpose is deep conditioning.
And you're using too many products on your hair. The buildup from products can cause breakage.

I never thought of not using so many products:perplexed. Even though i use them in rotation it could still be a issue? I use dpr because it seems to give my hair the moisture it needs

I dont really use 2 step every week, more like once a month, but because im in twists that one time a month i use it i mix it with the others. I use 2 minute weekly.
Oh ok, how is that working for you? Does your hair turn out crunchy, difficult to comb, tangly? Or does it seem to be okay?

OP, I agree with abcd09 that you are measuring long. An inch is about this long _________ So you would have the smallest forehead if that is all you had so that to go from mid-forehead to eyebrows would only be half of that. :giggle:

I also think you're watching a pot boil and that will always seem to take forever. You need to forget about your hair. Maybe get a weave, or a wig, or braids, so you're not seeing your hair all the time. It's amazing how fast hair grows when you're not checking progress every blinking time. Plus I can tell you from experience, the surprise is way better than seeing progress you were expecting. It's kinda like how you could be around a friend losing weight and never even notice the weight come off. But if you were not around her and saw her a month or two later, you'd be floored by how much weight she lost. Why? Coz when things happen behind your back, they always seem more drastic than if you were around when they were happening.

Agreed Mega Tex and Aphoghee thats a lot of protein

I totally need to stop watching my hair. But i still feel like im not retaining like i should. My hair feels fine after a protein treatment because i follow it up with a moisturizing dc

Back