Why go Natural?

sexylonglegs

Hello everyone,

It has been a while since I stopped by to see my beautiful nubian sistas. I hope everyone is doing well. Pictures are coming soon..

I really don't want to be long winded but maybe my story is similar and you can relate.

I decided to go natural in May of 2009. Since 2007 I continued to get sew in weaves in my hair continuously. I would get it redone every 4 months because I wanted my hair to grow and of course give it a break from relaxers. When I went to the beautician to get a relaxer after removing the weave my hair came out texlexed instead of relaxed and I thought this was a bad thing but it wasn't. This beautician was clueless on what to do with my hair and told me it was her first time doing a virgin relaxer and I was like:whyme:

I started researching and with the help from all the beautiful naturals I have decided not to put that creamy crap in my hair again:nono: and I feel so good and exhilerated. Everyday I am getting more in touch with who I am and I am celebrating every moment.

Here are my reasons (WHY GO NATURAL?)

1, Uneducated Beauticians
2, Costly
3, Unhealty Hair
4, Damaged scalp
5, Trying to find a good Beautician
6, Costly (I think I said this already):grin:
7, Hair won't grow
8, Broken edges
9, Scissor Happy Beauticians
10,Appointment at 10:00 but Beautician does not start on you till 1:00 pm:perplexed
11, No one will care for your hair like you care for your hair
12, Harsh Chemicals
13, Brain/body Cancer from chemicals:nono:
14, and other BAD STUFF...

So ladies if you feel me on this please give me your comments I would love to hear them. Thanks so much for listening and you have helped me more than you know.

LETS EXPRESS OUR LOVE FOR OURSELVES..

( I will post some pictures soon. Much love every one:beach:

Naturel

Hello everyone,

It has been a while since I stopped by to see my beautiful nubian sistas. I hope everyone is doing well. Pictures are coming soon..

I really don't want to be long winded but maybe my story is similar and you can relate.

I decided to go natural in May of 2009. Since 2007 I continued to get sew in weaves in my hair continuously. I would get it redone every 4 months because I wanted my hair to grow and of course give it a break from relaxers. When I went to the beautician to get a relaxer after removing the weave my hair came out texlexed instead of relaxed and I thought this was a bad thing but it wasn't. This beautician was clueless on what to do with my hair and told me it was her first time doing a virgin relaxer and I was like:whyme:

I started researching and with the help from all the beautiful naturals I have decided not to put that creamy crap in my hair again:nono: and I feel so good and exhilerated. Everyday I am getting more in touch with who I am and I am celebrating every moment.

Here are my reasons (WHY GO NATURAL?)

1, Uneducated Beauticians
2, Costly
3, Unhealty Hair
4, Damaged scalp
5, Trying to find a good Beautician
6, Costly (I think I said this already):grin:
7, Hair won't grow
8, Broken edges
9, Scissor Happy Beauticians
10,Appointment at 10:00 but Beautician does not start on you till 1:00 pm:perplexed
11, No one will care for your hair like you care for your hair
12, Harsh Chemicals
13, Brain/body Cancer from chemicals:nono:
14, and other BAD STUFF...

So ladies if you feel me on this please give me your comments I would love to hear them. Thanks so much for listening and you have helped me more than you know.

LETS EXPRESS OUR LOVE FOR OURSELVES..

( I will post some pictures soon. Much love every one:beach:

You have good ones. Mine are similar to yours :grin:

sexylonglegs

Thanks so much MSA, I am really looking forward to embracing my crown and glory... Your hair is beautiful by the way!!!

Loveygram

Welcome back.

I too was away for awhile....
The knowledge the ladies here bring of good hair care whether natural, relaxed or texlaxed has grown tremendously over the years.

I think it's great to discover your "roots" :grin: at least once in your adult life and then go from there, but of course to each his/her own.
I've opted to stay natural but you'll find great help regardless of what you decide is best for your own personal style. There are many great threads on transitioning.

Good luck on your hair journey.

Blessings

TheGrimPhreaker

Whew I just chopped my hair in July (I feel free just like you), and my reason are the same as yours. I find that my hair has been growing alot faster without relaxers (my hair has grown from about 1/4 to an inch in THREE WEEKS!!), and I'm tired of those darned beauticians starting and finishing late, and stay asking me if I want a trim. You go girl and good luck!!