Why are regular scissors so bad to use?

locabouthair

I know they are bad and I dont use them, I bought some shears from the BSS. But I'm curious, why are they so bad, and whats the worst that can happen if you use regular scissors. I've always heard not to use them and I don't but i'm just wondering..

Caramela

I think typically they just aren't sharp enough. I have used some extra sharp regular scissors in a pinch, but the hair scissors/shears are the best bet for your hair. Otherwise the dull regular scissors sort of fray the ends of your hair leaving it rougher and more prone to damage and breakage.

prospurr4

I know they are bad and I dont use them, I bought some shears from the BSS. But I'm curious, why are they so bad, and whats the worst that can happen if you use regular scissors. I've always heard not to use them and I don't but i'm just wondering..

I think regular scissors are bad to use if they have been used to cut anything else, ie paper, fabric, etc., which will begin to dull them. You want to use sharp scissors when trimming/cutting your ends, in order to cut the hair cleanly, without bending it and such.

JustKiya

This is why it's bad to use regular scissors....

Regular scissors aren't sharp enough to cut the hair 'cleanly' across. It'll leave bumps, and stumps, and straggly edges - and guess what those bumps and stumps and straggly edges are going to do the first time they get the least bit further damaged?

Split. And that kinda defeats the whole purpose of cutting your hair in the first place, eh?

locabouthair

This is why it's bad to use regular scissors....

Regular scissors aren't sharp enough to cut the hair 'cleanly' across. It'll leave bumps, and stumps, and straggly edges - and guess what those bumps and stumps and straggly edges are going to do the first time they get the least bit further damaged?

Split. And that kinda defeats the whole purpose of cutting your hair in the first place, eh?

I notice I have a lot of splits and I didnt know why. My stylist cuts my hair but I never noticed she used regular scissors until my friend told me.

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
^^^^If you like the way she cuts then go to Sallys or your local BSS and buy you some and just take them with you when you go. Otherwise drop her *** she knows better!