WHOA! Color advice needed: I dyed my hair and now it's too dark!!!

alibi

hair bored
Hey Ladies :wave:

I dyed my hair on Friday night, trying to cover up my highlights, which had gotten really brassy and nasty looking. :nono: I used a permanent hair color, and I only painted in the color over the front section of my hair, right where the streaks were, and not even down to the root. Well, my natural hair is normally a medium to sandy brown, but I chose dark brown b/c I didn't want the color to lighten up and turn orange in a few months, you know? Anyways, now the front of my hair is too dark. It doesn't look really bad, but I jsut want it to be lighter. I've washed it quite a few times trying to remove some of the color, but I was wondering if anybody knows of a natural way to slighty lighten color by a shade or so without using those color lifters with peroxide and other chems in them? Please let me now! TIA

alibi

hair bored
Is there anything I can use besides dishwashing liquid? If that's the best I'll give it a try, but do you really think it will work??? I imagine I would have to use a really good deep conditioner afterwords. :perplexed

Curlee_lurker

LA face/low class booty
It'll lighten on it's own. I find that coloring over my highlights never fully takes and I try something darker and it lightens in a few days.

gimbap

aileendq said:
Try dishwashing liquid, but BE WARNED: Your hair will be very, very dry afterwards.

My friend recommended this to me after my hair rinse disaster [see the GREEN HAIR thread]. Give it a try and let me know how it works out! :look:

Britfem27

Curlee_lurker said:
It'll lighten on it's own. I find that coloring over my highlights never fully takes and I try something darker and it lightens in a few days.

This is absolutely true. I did the same thing and it will fade in a week or so.