Who uses Mega-Tek and Ovation together, and what are your results?

Hello, I know this might be a repeat of another question, I tried to find a thread that is similar to this one I'm about to ask, but I couldn't, but anyways, who uses mega-tek and ovation TOGETHER, and are you getting quicker results with them together than you would using one of them alone, or is it the same? I'm just curious......I was thinking about using both together, but I want to see who uses them both together, and results include--(experience lots of shedding, itching, etc....)

Thanks and sorry for the repeat!

JustKiya

You might get more answers in the main challenge thread...... there's also a list in the first couple of pages listing what people are using - you might be able to PM some folks from there.... :yep:

MyAngelEyez~C~U

I use both, and I get good growth. My hair seems a lil thicker too (could be from new growth, lol). Helps to stretch the OCT as well....

twinkletoes17

I got amazing growth last month when I added OCT to my MT. I have a little jar and add half of both. I added it to my scalp every other day. Along with that, I co-washed every day to every other day, and wet-bunned. The growth and thickness was immense.

Why I stopped? I don't know. My hair is so thick right now, I'm stuck lol. I relaxed with a regular ORS lye relaxer less than a month ago. My hair didn't take any of the relaxer. Just a thick mess and a comb can't penetrate it. When MT says thick hair, they don't lie :S

I got an 3/4 of an inch one month after adding OCT and being consistent with it. If you have any more questions, pm me :)

To answer your shedding and itching inquiries: yes, I had shedding, but that stopped within a week or two. I made sure to moisturize my hair, and used a moisturizing shampoo and conditioner on wash day. I had some itching, attributed to the growth I guess. It wasn't that bad though. With consistent use, you'll find that all of it is worth it. Once I can get a comb through my hair again I'll be sure to restart... and this time I'll take pictures as well lol.

Last edited:

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
Just saw this....

I use both Ovation (OCT) and Mega Tek. First I started with Ovation. :up: Began using Mega Tek this past Summer. :up:

I alternated using the two until October when I was in a rush one day and added the two together, placed on my scalp and hair as a DC, rinsed and have been doing so ever since. It works! :yep:

I love it. My hair condition is much healthier and I believe it's because I've been using the OCT since February (2007). My length is past brastrap and the thickness of my hair is getting much fuller.

I do believe in rinsing and reapplying the product, fresh. And I only use the products 3 times a week. I keep my hair conditioned on a regular basis. I drink lots of water and take my vitamins, eat as many veggies and fruits as I can.

I love both products. :yep:

LyndseyJK

I'm fairly new and I have a queston..... I have begun co-washing every morning, putting more conditioner in as a leave-in, and wearing my hair in a wet bun. By the time I get home my hair is 75-80% dry and i cant come thru or seperate the curlly mess it has dried into in order to apply anything into my scap. Shimmie I see that you DC with them. Can I put some of the Mega-Tek into my leave in-conditioner?? and not rinse it out until the next morning or evening on my DC nights. Thanks you :)

-L

jamaicalovely

I just started using both products. I think I'm getting good growth. I'm trying to wait full 2 months to give a real review.

Shimmie

Staff member
I'm fairly new and I have a queston..... I have begun co-washing every morning, putting more conditioner in as a leave-in, and wearing my hair in a wet bun. By the time I get home my hair is 75-80% dry and i cant come thru or seperate the curlly mess it has dried into in order to apply anything into my scap. Shimmie I see that you DC with them. Can I put some of the Mega-Tek into my leave in-conditioner?? and not rinse it out until the next morning or evening on my DC nights. Thanks you :)

-L

:wave: Hi Lyndsey, what kind/brand of conditioner do you use as a leave-in? I do this a lot myself: even today my hair has been in a satuated conditoiner bun. :yep: I love it. . It's so easy to place our hair into a bun while it's wet with conditioner. I give yiou total props for this.

To answer your question about leaving the Mega Tek in your hair as a leave in, I don't recommend it, but I've done it several times when I've fallen asleep. :lol: I prefer to rinse out the Mega Tek and begin again.

Try this:

Apply the Mega Tek to your scalp, only. Then satuarate your hair with a soft conditioner. I use one of the following to leave in:

ORS (the pack)
Alter Ego Garlic Creme Conditioner
Organics

I take a huge scoopfull with my hand and slather it onto my hair and smooth my hair into a soft bun. I've gone straight to work, shopping, sleep, even to Church Service, etc. just like this and no one ever knew it was unrinsed.

I never try to comb my hair or brush it like this. I always rinse my hair when proceed with another application of conditioner.

What I like about what you and I are doing is that we can go a few days leaving our hair in a bun like this; I just smooth my hair with a little water and I'm off to work or errands; and when I finally rinse my hair, it is so soft and I've gone a few days without manipulating my hair. I can also keep my ends sealed with oil, and tucked in my bun and protected.

Also, you may want to mix your favorite hair oil with your conditioner; this will lessen the hardness of the conditioner as it dries in your hair. :yep:

If you are using Mega Tek or Ovation, keep your hair conditoned and oiled often. It's protects your hair from the heavy protein of the MT and OCT. I don't recommend mixing oil with the MT or OCT. Use it straight, no chaser.

Still, when ready to take down your bun, don't comb or brush your hair; rinse the conditioner / or oil out in the shower and finger comb your hair under the shower water, instead and begin again.

I hope this helps. Let me know if I need to explain this a little clearer. I do this like clock work, so it's easier to do than to type it. :lol:

God bless you and Happy Healthy LONGGGGGGG Ankle Length Hair Growth. Amen? :yep: Amen. :yep:

Last edited:

Shimmie

Staff member
I use both, and I get good growth. My hair seems a lil thicker too (could be from new growth, lol). Helps to stretch the OCT as well....
:yep::yep::yep::yep::yep::yep: You're right about the 'thickness'... Mega Tek is no joke. My hair grew long with the OCT (Ovation Cell Therapy) and I love it :rocker: ; but Mega Tek just zoomed my hair out.... :brainfog: :lachen: I have to wet it with water and a little hair oil, to lay it down. :lol:

But these horse hair products WORK! :up:

ImaBoss

I'm fairly new here and was wondering the same thing glad this was posted because I was thinking about if I should mix the two together for maximun results, but I have another question....I have the OCT 3 step system, but have not really used it yet, are you ladies just using the Ovation Cell therapy bottle only on your scalp? and if so, is just as the directions say for the few minutes, or is it as a leave in or are you guys using all three bottles.

Last edited: